• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cexshun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Portage
    I'm in the SKS camp for civilian use. The AK replaced the SKS for 3 reasons:

1) Detachable mag with round capacity
    2) AK is cheaper and faster to produce
    3) AK is full auto

3 is pointless for civilian use since we can't really get an FA model anyway. 2 is pointless as a good AK right now costs 5x as much as a good sks. So I guess if round count is important to you, then the AK is superior. Personally, with stripper clips and no plans to ever have an extended combat engagement, I find the SKS superior. It's just as reliable, more accurate, quieter, and isn't more then a kiss on the shoulder.

If we bring in the cheap AK clones, then I don't even consider it a valid comparison. I'm not a fan at all of Saiga conversions or WASR.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    Just convert the SKS to accept mags . I did and just avoid the CHEAp mags. It's a job to find a good mag tho. Even went as far as using a ak bottom part of a mag with the sks top part. (yea my friend and weld them together. )
    Yes you may try it

Floater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Chesterton
    Simple answer: both.

I found myself in a similar situation a little while back. I ended up with the AK, but don't really have any good reason why I chose the AK over the SKS. Now, I'd like to pick up an SKS too. So, pick one then, when funds allow, get the other.

Dilema solved ;)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Get a Saiga. I stock form it's as functional as an SKS, but with a removable mag.

Later (or now) convert it as you like.

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    I have had two SKS's for about a year now. Loved shooting them both. BTW I have a Yugo and Norico. I thought they both shot great. I love the feel of them and the looks of there stocks. But i just however pick up a Polish Underfolder AK and got to shoot it today. Let me just say WOW!! The AK proformed very well. This was a Rifle was bought (around six months ago.) and never shot until today. Shot sixty Rds through it today and like I said before it proformed very well. How ever I do not intead to sell my SKSs for any reason. I have decided to keep all three of them. Besides they go well with my Two Mosin's. (91/30 and M44) LOL.

:patriot:

Top Bottom