• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Where can I pick up some the the skateboard tape or something like that to make a grip on a gun. Would like to find something somewhat close to Fishers.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Grainger on Corporate Dr. (96th & 69) by the Home Depot should have different type of traction tape. You can look online at their website before you go in.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I used hockey stick tape on my carry to add some bulk to the grip. I got it at Dicks, they probably have skateboard tape too, but I never looked for that. That is the sad down side of my .45. Little girly grips made for midgets. Not knocking little people but I wonder how many carry 45s verses 9mms. I bet the doublestacks are harder to hold for them. The barrel must look huge if they point one at you. Man...now I've got Mini-Me holding a 1911 on my brain.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I sure do miss friction tape, you know the kind that sparks when you pull it off the roll really fast in a dark room...Cloth electrical tape/friction tape was always the best for hockey sticks, baseball bats, and I guess would be great for pistol grips too.....

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Fishers Do It Center (hardware store) sells 3M "skate tape" in 1" and 3" widths by the foot. Have not had problems with it pealing in the heat.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yeah, what Dr_O said. Tape can be tricky if you don't get the right stuff and apply it right. It will slide around and come off. i purchased a set of skateboard tape grips from Springfield for my 1911 and love them.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    It's a lot more expesive, but the eric wesselman tape is awesome, and cnc cut for your specific model of firearm.

Found this post, ordered from Eric,, waited 2 weeks and he still had not shipped, Don't waste your time... :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

NOBODY, in the world is soo busy that they can't stick parts that would fit into a standard sized envelope with a $1.00 stamp on it.

So I'm off to the hardware store!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Found this post, ordered from Eric,, waited 2 weeks and he still had not shipped, Don't waste your time... :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

NOBODY, in the world is soo busy that they can't stick parts that would fit into a standard sized envelope with a $1.00 stamp on it.

So I'm off to the hardware store!

What model do you need it for? I have 2 extra sets for the slim frames.

Top Bottom