• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    also, concerning DUI's, alcohol influence is easily determined through FST's and breathilizers, weed needs special training to be determined. Yes, an officer can charge with DUI for weed but, if he isn't trained properly, it is much harder to prove in court, I guess saying, "dude, bummer" a lot may not help the defendants case! Haha

You do know that for an officer to perform SFST and have it admissible requires specialized training also correct? Same with the datamaster. And for cannabis it is easily determined through urinalyses and they also have a saliva test that would be similar to the breathalizers they use on the street.

Child exposure has exploded. Hospital admissions have exploded relating to weed. The cartels are still in business. The surrounding states are seeing a ridiculous increase in tracking. Thats just the short list. I'm not opposed or for it. i simply dont care. But to claim that nothing really that bad has happened is flat out wrong. If you wanna put stuff in your body, go for it, as long as it doest affect someone else. THATS THE CATCH. Prohibition doesnt work sure, but you know what does? Serious punishment.

Any cites for the child exposure or hospital admissions? How about the trafficking? And what do they consider trafficking, the guy bringing back a pound or more or the guy with a 1/4 oz bringing it home for himself?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Prohibition doesnt work sure, but you know what does? Serious punishment.

Even in dictatorships where they execute people for drugs, people still smuggle.

tibet-china-execution-2.jpg

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    You do know that for an officer to perform SFST and have it admissible requires specialized training also correct? Same with the datamaster. And for cannabis it is easily determined through urinalyses and they also have a saliva test that would be similar to the breathalizers they use on the street.

Any cites for the child exposure or hospital admissions? How about the trafficking? And what do they consider trafficking, the guy bringing back a pound or more or the guy with a 1/4 oz bringing it home for himself?

They have a saliva test that tells whether a driver is currently under the influence of marijuana in a way similar to how the breathalyzer determines sobriety by blood alcohol content?

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    Saw a dispensary in Dumont CO today that was named Sofa King Medicinal. Got to give it to them for coming up with funny names for their businesses. There are also a lot of other shops that now cater to the pot shops and growing operations. Can't be all that bad for business.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    They have a saliva test that tells whether a driver is currently under the influence of marijuana in a way similar to how the breathalyzer determines sobriety by blood alcohol content?

I believe so. They have had a saliva test for years that will test for the metabolites but iirc a company a year or so ago stated that they had one to test for the active substances. Not sure if it can measure levels though.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Actually, we do. If it isn't I the "millions" yet, it sure is close. I'm not disagreeing with the rest of your statement but I believe your incorrect here. As for the gateway to heroin, I believe it is prescription pain killers opening the door. Legal drug dealing at its finest.

From NIH/NIDA

"In 2011, 4.2 million Americans aged 12 or older (or 1.6 percent) had used heroin at least once in their lives. It is estimated that about 23 percent of individuals who use heroin become dependent on it" 23% of 4.2 million would be 966000 and that was 4 years ago. Safe bet its over a million.

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    Murder rate's down, too. As for your contention that weed is a gateway drug, no-one agrees with you. If that were true we'd have millions of heroin addicts. And yet, we don't. That whole gateway nonsense was disproven years ago. Prohibition doesn't work and Colorado is living proof of that.

Used to do a little but a little wouldn't do it, so a little got more and more......... one of indiana ' s finest. AXLE ROSE!

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This is good for society then, isn't it? If more criminals smoke more pot, more of them will just enjoy the mellow until the cops show up.

"We got a perp holed up in the house armed....Should we hit the room with some CS gas?"

"Nah...Not yet...I want to try something I heard on INGO...Give me that bag of weed and the rolling papers we took off that kid earlier today...Alright thanks...(Through the mega phone) SIR...Do not be alarmed...We are throwing you a package in...You seem a little tense and I think if you just mellowed out a little we can end this peacefully...Here it comes..(throws the package in the house)...We will check back with you in an hour.."

One hour later a voice is heard from inside the house.....

"If I agree to come out can you all get me a pizza and let me finish watching this PBS documentary on the Shakers?"

"Yes....Is Papa Johns okay????"

"I kind of got a hankering for Pizza King..."

"Okay son Pizza King it is...It's on the way and we will see you in an hour...."

You may be on to something Jamil....:)

Top Bottom