• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Bloomington Fancy Kroger very busy at 0800, meat section already getting cleared out, some empty shelves have tags indicating that restock has been postponed indefinitely. Toilet paper shelves are now filled with paper towels to make them look less empty. Lots of people wearing masks, scarves, bandannas, anything. Real cops, not rent-a-cops, posted at the checkouts. Attitude is tense.

Dunno if it's really a supply issue or if this store is simply overwhelmed.

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    Don't know if the situation has mentally set in yet here in Columbus. I went to Walmart for a few things this morning and I was the only one wearing a face mask, despite the store being fairly busy.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    The meat section at Kroger in Danville was bare on Friday, but Saturday they had restocked it somewhat. Regular shipments seem to be coming in. The Walmart Market in Plainfield seems to have steady restock.

My son works at McDonald's in Danville and as of last night he said thier freezer was so full he couldn't fit in there. Good to know if you have a Big Mac attack.

I saw 4 or 5 fishermen in boats on Racoon Lake yesterday. Those are some dedicated fishermen. I'd have needed a crotch warmer to be out there!

How would the authorities look upon me taking a few of my kids fishing in my boat during the stay at home order? I've got everything I need, so we'd have no contact with anyone unless a cop pulled me over. Just curious. When the weather warms, it'll be hard not to do it.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Don't know if the situation has mentally set in yet here in Columbus. I went to Walmart for a few things this morning and I was the only one wearing a face mask, despite the store being fairly busy.

Most people can't get their hands on masks. I certainly don't have any, so you'd see me without one, if I had to go to a store. You can bet I'd be wearing one if I had one.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I know you were Army, so I hope you understand that you will not be able to milk half a milk cow, unless you get the back half. :>)

Ron
    Not true, if they split it front to back, he can milk either the right or left side. That’s the 2ay we should be doing it any way so each person gets meat and milk.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The meat section at Kroger in Danville was bare on Friday, but Saturday they had restocked it somewhat. Regular shipments seem to be coming in. The Walmart Market in Plainfield seems to have steady restock.

My son works at McDonald's in Danville and as of last night he said thier freezer was so full he couldn't fit in there. Good to know if you have a Big Mac attack.

I saw 4 or 5 fishermen in boats on Racoon Lake yesterday. Those are some dedicated fishermen. I'd have needed a crotch warmer to be out there!

How would the authorities look upon me taking a few of my kids fishing in my boat during the stay at home order? I've got everything I need, so we'd have no contact with anyone unless a cop pulled me over. Just curious. When the weather warms, it'll be hard not to do it.

That's perfectly fine. You're still allowed to go to parks, go for walks outside (in fact they encouraged it), etc.. They went over the types of things that people were still allowed to do on the news this morning (WTHR). They just emphasized that if you do participate in those activities that you continue to practice social distancing.

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    Most people can't get their hands on masks. I certainly don't have any, so you'd see me without one, if I had to go to a store. You can bet I'd be wearing one if I had one.
    I've been doing some remodeling, so I happened to have a couple old masks around still, but you can actually make your own mask. Yes it won't be as effective as an N95 mask, but 80% or 60% effective is better than nothing. Read this for more details:
    https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/best-materials-make-diy-face-mask-virus/

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I stopped by a Kroger here in Fort Wayne just to top off a couple things. Shelves were basically empty, no pasta, no sauces, nearly out of soup. Frozen section was fairly picked over. If all you wanted was Easter candy and frozen fish sticks you were in luck.

On a side note I did grab a few packs of Cadbury Eggs and the Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    That's perfectly fine. You're still allowed to go to parks, go for walks outside (in fact they encouraged it), etc.. They went over the types of things that people were still allowed to do on the news this morning (WTHR). They just emphasized that if you do participate in those activities that you continue to practice social distancing.

Outstanding! Of course, fish have always practiced social distancing from me. But I go anyway.

Thank you for the info!

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I stopped by a Kroger here in Fort Wayne just to top off a couple things. Shelves were basically empty, no pasta, no sauces, nearly out of soup. Frozen section was fairly picked over. If all you wanted was Easter candy and frozen fish sticks you were in luck.

On a side note I did grab a few packs of Cadbury Eggs and the Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs.

I figured shopping last night would be a fool's errand.

I'll wait a while, but I really, really want some split peas.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Northwest IND area.

Piazza Produce a large grocery and restaurant supplier of produce, has reportedly opened their warehouse to sales, at 82nd and Zionsville Rd, and is sending out some of their trucks to sell produce out of.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :puke:

Let's just keep those things separate. It was a 25 lb ham, and gotta have some variety.
    I couldn't help it Jetta. :):

Joking aside, I love me some split pea and ham soup, even if it's the Campbell's variety. That's one thing I've never made myself. May have to try that sometime. Is it pretty much like making ham 'n bean soup? Soak the peas first and then throw everything a crockpot?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I couldn't help it Jetta. :):

Joking aside, I love me some split pea and ham soup, even if it's the Campbell's variety. That's one thing I've never made myself. May have to try that sometime. Is it pretty much like making ham 'n bean soup? Soak the peas first and then throw everything a crockpot?

Yup. I do the two the same way.

Hambone, peas, an onion, carrots, celery, bay leaf, water - all in a dutch oven (or crock pot) for a couple of hours. Then chuck out the vegies and add the ham pieces and simmer a bit. If you pre-soak the peas, you can save some time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yup. I do the two the same way.

Hambone, peas, an onion, carrots, celery, bay leaf, water - all in a dutch oven (or crock pot) for a couple of hours. Then chuck out the vegies and add the ham pieces and simmer a bit. If you pre-soak the peas, you can save some time.

I'm definitely going to have to give it a try. When I make ham 'n beans, I use Hurst's 15 bean mix, so I do have split peas, lentils, limas, pintos, great northerns, and I don't know what all other kinds of beans are in there.

Top Bottom