• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Met some INGO folk for a couple deals to day at the Bloomington Walmart. Shelves were picked over but very little totally out. They were stocking frozen meats and seafood when I was there and I picked up six 1# chubs of ground chuck and two of sausage. Good size jars of Non Pareil Capers for $1.78 - I bought four, gotta have picata yo. Soups, tomato products, etc were picked over but plenty available.

I saw no TP but when checking out another shopper was stopped who had two 4 packs of small cheap rolls. Employee said they were limiting paper products to 1 per customer. The customer said she had a husband and three kids and really needed both; the employee was adamant on one. I said I would take the second, scanned it for my order($0.68 :dunno:) and tossed it back to the lady with a wish of good luck. The employee kind of chuckled and walked off.
    repped

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    its called a Hawaiian pizza try it some time ,Pizza Kings make a killer one

pizza.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Picked up a couple things tonight. One thing on my list was corn starch because my daughter wanted to play with it. (add water and its a non-newtonian fluid. Kinda fun to play with... run your fingers through it and it flows. hit it hard or squeeze it and becomes semi-solid until you release it.) There were only 2 cans on the shelf. No way in hell I was buying that to play with when somebody might need it as a foodstuff. This is not the time to play with your food. Literally.

They were totally out of flour and cornmeal. Not even regular meal. This is getting weird. (not to worry I have several pounds of each and we dont use it that much... yet)

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Picked up a couple things tonight. One thing on my list was corn starch because my daughter wanted to play with it. (add water and its a non-newtonian fluid. Kinda fun to play with... run your fingers through it and it flows. hit it hard or squeeze it and becomes semi-solid until you release it.) There were only 2 cans on the shelf. No way in hell I was buying that to play with when somebody might need it as a foodstuff. This is not the time to play with your food. Literally.

They were totally out of flour and cornmeal. Not even regular meal. This is getting weird. (not to worry I have several pounds of each and we dont use it that much... yet)

Much to my surprise, Dollar General has corn starch and I doubt many people go there to buy it. Probably a no guilt amount of it on their shelves.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    its called a Hawaiian pizza try it some time ,Pizza Kings make a killer one

I've had Hawaiian pizza and don't mind it. I'm just not a fan of the BBQ sauce, particularly at Pizza King. I've never been a big Pizza King guy. Seems like people either love them or hate them.

The Hawaiian pizza's I've had that aren't bad I think they cut the BBQ with regular pizza sauce or omit it entirely. Much more to my liking.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    If this governor wants to do something useful with the national guard he should use them to deliver food to stores and re-stock shelves.
    That alone would do more to calm people the hell down.

Ironically, there’s more truth the this than one would think. Logistics are being set up for NG operations to possibly transport food and supplies to individual residences, if the need arises.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Ironically, there’s more truth the this than one would think. Logistics are being set up for NG operations to possibly transport food and supplies to individual residences, if the need arises.

I'm with the guys that think that will absolutely freak people out. Most of the public has never even seen a military truck before. Plus, I'm just hoping it doesn't come to that.

Anyhow... If people need it, I'm glad there are other people to do it, but it won't be good news at all of that starts happening all over the country.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Much to my surprise, Dollar General has corn starch and I doubt many people go there to buy it. Probably a no guilt amount of it on their shelves.

Thanks. I appreciate it. But she can live without. That could be the next stop for someone who actually needs it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Crush up some Mealworms from the bait shop.
    It should be the same thing.

Then after you're done playing, you can eat them. Win-Win.

ptdNTzU.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm with the guys that think that will absolutely freak people out. Most of the public has never even seen a military truck before. Plus, I'm just hoping it doesn't come to that.

Anyhow... If people need it, I'm glad there are other people to do it, but it won't be good news at all of that starts happening all over the country.
    People need to get over it then. Someone who freaks out over a soldier with a loaf of bread in their hand (or a case of MRE's) is an idiot.
    These are our guys. I dont trust the govt anymore than the next guy but we aren't talking about armed soldiers here.
    Also this isnt NYC where people have a stroke and feel their right have been violated just when police drive down their street. This is Indiana and we still love America and our military and first responders.

Jsx1043, yep they do that in disasters. They need to do it now but in the private sector stores. They could send a detachment to each of the big box stores and make a big impact now. They are already getting federal funds to pay these guys, let's go!
    Mobilize state employees too. Retask anyone who wants to work and get paid. These are not normal times and it calls for extreme measures and a leader to step up. Not just some Johnny blowhard who likes to see himself on TV.

If the food situation isn't fixed soon we are going to see things deteriorate very rapidly. Things are going to get violent and no stay at home order is going to stop it. And they won't have the manpower to either. Then we have a whole new set of problems. Anyone who thinks the cops and national guard can stop hungry armed mobs are out of their minds. I don't want to see my community or state ripped apart. Let's do something before we get there.

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    .If the food situation isn't fixed soon we are going to see things deteriorate very rapidly. Things are going to get violent and no stay at home order is going to stop it. And they won't have the manpower to either. Then we have a whole new set of problems. Anyone who thinks the cops and national guard can stop hungry armed mobs are out of their minds. I don't want to see my community or state ripped apart. Let's do something before we get there.

There isn't a food shortage. There's simply a shortage of shelf space.

Walmart doesn't have a back room of stock; stuff arrives on a truck and goes straight to the sales floor. So it's just that they are selling out quicker than they can move it. But the food still exists. It'll be there will people quit panicking and over-buying.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Walmart doesn't have a back room of stock; stuff arrives on a truck and goes straight to the sales floor. So it's just that they are selling out quicker than they can move it. But the food still exists. It'll be there will people quit panicking and over-buying.

We do not have a food problem we have a hoarding problem.

Read a report society bought 5 weeks of groceries last week. The logistics are not there for that volume. I doubt folks have much room to store more or the money to buy that much with. The limits will pop soon as the stores get restocked...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Sorry I should have clarified. Yes I understand this.
    And also agree with you on the overbuying. Stores need to continue to limit how many of each item people can buy until it gets under control.
    The problem is you have greedy shoppers bypassing the limits by having 6 members of their family check out with their own cart full of items all for the same household, all maxed out.
    IF this cluster **** continues much longer they may need to issue a grocery card to each household which tracks certain grocery purchases and doesn't allow that household to exceed it for the week or month.
    Similar to what they dis during WWII.

Yes this is an extreme option but I can think of several other extreme options the govt could use besides that if this continues and they are much worse.
    People need to get their heads out of their asses.

Last edited:

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    The two closest markets near me are missing 3 things only. Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and paper towel.

Every thing else is all stocked a plenty.

Did I still buy months worth of supplies? Hell yes. My father, who falls into every single risk category for this crap, lives with me. So I limit my time in public.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Trigger Time again.

"Stores need to continue to limit how many of each item people can buy until it gets under control."

AMEN!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The two closest markets near me are missing 3 things only. Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and paper towel.

Every thing else is all stocked a plenty.

Did I still buy months worth of supplies? Hell yes. My father, who falls into every single risk category for this crap, lives with me. So I limit my time in public.
    Right, that's the problem
    EVERYONE went out and bought a months supply or more all at once because they weren't ready at all. Instead of just buying maybe an extra weeks worth or 2.
    Then you have the extreme hoarders who bought 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 months worth of some things all at once. And then you have the TP morons who bought up 6 months or a years worth of TP.
    The supply chain cannot handle everyone doing that within a 1 or 2 week period.

All of the "high risk" people for covid19 have always been high risk for everything else including the normal flu. Do they lock themselves in their homes during normal flu season? Some may but most no.
    This has brought out the worst in us. Extreme panic brought on by the media hype.
    Yes I do believe this is worse than regular flu. But people have lost their damn minds.

After this is over I hope people keep up on having a months worth of food preps. And other emergency items.
    But most wont. Prepping for emergencies isnt as cool as having other things that they probably can't afford anyways, or have to sell if they had a real emergency and lost a week or 2 of pay.
    People dont have savings anymore for emergencies. People dont plan for anything. They have kids like rabbits because, hey "the govt will take care of the bills and carrots if I cant".
    We are doomed

Last edited:

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

Exactly this. If everyone (the general public) could just chill the F out, grab the few things they need and move on with their life, there wouldn’t be a run on the stores. The mass-panicking public is doing it to themselves, self-fulfilling prophecy and all...

The short term restrictions are a good measure, and as we’ve heard from the resident medical staff, and I can concur on the streets, actual run loads are down. It is working to flatten the curve. I’m with everyone on the impact to the economy and it is of great concern, but it is working as it was designed to do: reduce overwhelming impact on healthcare systems, allow needed resources to be moved into place (somewhat, given that the National Stockpile was not in great shape), and allow for testing and treatment option to be evaluated.

A lot of folks are forgetting that this is temporary. These conditions may stick around for a while if the spread were to intensify, but the overall plan is working. They (the all-powerful, omnipotent “they”) are gathering intel and working diligently to try and steer the ship in the right direction.

No one in (local) government wanted this whole thing and it’s been a pain in our a$$e$. There’s no plan for martial law, there’s no “papers please” checkpoints, and there’s no shoot on sight/house torching/welding people in their houses like previously reported. Every single cop, paramedic, firefighter, nurse, doctor, Guard member, emergency manager, council member, mayor and governor is worried about all of the exact same things we are.

The sooner this can be over and the sooner we can return to “normal” will be better for the country. Until then, we need to act like Americans, hike up our britches, plan accordingly, say “I told you so” to all the basic-preps naysayers and help each other out.

Oh, and anybody can still get in their car and drive anywhere in the state. You can go get food at restaurants (please support your local small mom-and-pops if you can!), you can go the city parks, hell, you can even drive downtown and take a walk on the city sidewalks without any crowds! (At least in Indy.) They asked us to REDUCE exposure by not getting into large groups, not to seal ourselves up on our houses and cower in fear.

{ Sorry, end rant}

Top Bottom