• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Even the Ponderosa (yes, some still exist) in Goshen is doing delivery... Super good sales too. I've been tempted, but I think it's a better idea if I cook my own food.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    We did our essential shopping Friday, we're good for a couple weeks. Ventured out this afternoon for recreational (liquor) supplies, traffic has reduced significantly.

Patiently awaiting the "Essential travel only" mandate from the Governor. Businesses are issuing "must travel" letters to employees to show authorities when stopped.

It's coming.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    20200321-144758.jpg

Now if only my mom would get out of bed before 10:30 am.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Patiently awaiting the "Essential travel only" mandate from the Governor. Businesses are issuing "must travel" letters to employees to show authorities when stopped.

It's coming.

Where do businesses get the specs on this? Not willing to say more on a public forum.

How does essential work when elderly family need assistance?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Where do businesses get the specs on this? Not willing to say more on a public forum.

How does essential work when elderly family need assistance?

Everything I have seen so far is some corporate guy working on the fly to get something in the hands of his employees. With photoshop and a color printer I bet you could go about any where you wanted. Add in a laminator and an “official” name badge and you are likely good to go. I might become an essential nursing home employee because no one wants grandma to die. Remember anyone manning a checkpoint probably doesn’t have much more guidance than you at this point and is likely pretty low on the food chain. If you get denied at Checkpoint A go to Checkpoint B.

Back in the 60’s my dad said he could go anyplace on a military base with a clipboard. No one wanted to interact with him because they figured the clipboard was to write them up for doing something wrong or to assign them extra work. BS and attitude works wonders.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    We did our essential shopping Friday, we're good for a couple weeks. Ventured out this afternoon for recreational (liquor) supplies, traffic has reduced significantly.

It's coming.

I can’t find hardly anything on the shelves here in Vigo county. I was able to score a roast, hamburger and chicken yesterday at a local grocery store. Before that was able to get two turkey roasts, two ham portions, and a slab of ribs at meijer. No tp, soap, and now eggs are getting scarce but I might have options for them once my five dozen run out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Now if only my mom would get out of bed before 10:30 am.

She will when she gets hungry enough because the pantry is empty. :):

Everything I have seen so far is some corporate guy working on the fly to get something in the hands of his employees. With photoshop and a color printer I bet you could go about any where you wanted. Add in a laminator and an “official” name badge and you are likely good to go. I might become an essential nursing home employee because no one wants grandma to die. Remember anyone manning a checkpoint probably doesn’t have much more guidance than you at this point and is likely pretty low on the food chain. If you get denied at Checkpoint A go to Checkpoint B.

Back in the 60’s my dad said he could go anyplace on a military base with a clipboard. No one wanted to interact with him because they figured the clipboard was to write them up for doing something wrong or to assign them extra work. BS and attitude works wonders.

[video=youtube;GyvRamX1VyA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyvRamX1VyA[/video]

yep. Still true today. Dont even need these. Be appropriately dressed, neatly groomed, and you can get lots of places if you walk with a purpose and look like you know what you are doing.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Out to cut some firewood this AM. Amish and Mennonite church services still going on.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Martin's Supermarket in Goshen this morning. No paper goods. Very little bread, just one little stack of white bread. Not much of the Amish chicken left. Limits on hamburger, milk, eggs...
    Small amount of eggs left. Red meat was pretty good. Limit of 2 on hamburger. cat food about out.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Meijer in Plainfield: Broth is gone soup is close to gone no mac & cheese. A few paper towels TP looks iffy. Pasta is pretty well looted. Breakfast cereal is pretty well-stocked. plenty of booze, Oliver wine looks like it has taken a hit.

water I’ll looks like mother Hubbards cupboard, Gatorade is taking a serious hit. Dairy/coffee creamer area: it looks really lean. Some lunchmeat but mostly clobbered.Chicken and beef very lean scratch that plenty of beef no pork

Last edited:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Totally believable.

In another lifetime, when I did delivery for a low-tier UPS competitor, my delivery uniform + clipboard was basically an all-access backstage pass. Of course, the branded truck helped at gates.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Meijer in Plainfield: Broth is gone soup is close to gone no mac & cheese. A few paper towels TP looks iffy. Pasta is pretty well looted. Breakfast cereal is pretty well-stocked. plenty of booze, Oliver wine looks like it has taken a hit.

water I’ll looks like mother Hubbards cupboard, Gatorade is taking a serious hit. Dairy/coffee creamer area: it looks really lean. Some lunchmeat but mostly clobbered.Chicken and beef very lean scratch that plenty of beef no pork

Funny how micro markets work. In Camby, When I was last there Pork was available, but no chicken and very little beef. Who knew that Heartland Crossing and surrounding areas are mostly Jewish? :):

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Richmond- Menards food (I was there for sump pump and water filter issues) and Aldi are pretty slim. No one in Richmond appears to have frozen pizza. Yeast has been missing for days, so I'm on a mission for that.

Aldi had a full meat section, unlike Eaton Ohio Walmart which literally had one single pack of Tilapia in the entire Beef, Chicken, Pork, Seafood section. Aldi has also rightfully earned a reputation for overpriced meat, but I found some worth grabbing given the current market.

People are a little more testy. More are wearing various types of masks and gloves.

My dad in Cali told me its fine there for now, but that if this goes on for much longer (as in more than another one or two weeks) "keep your weapons handy." He's never been much for that kind of talk, but is worried when folks truly realize how long before "normal" will resume..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

It's coming.
    I just do not see the point of it. Seems like most people are only traveling for essential reasons anyways at this point.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Richmond- Menards food (I was there for sump pump and water filter issues) and Aldi are pretty slim. No one in Richmond appears to have frozen pizza. Yeast has been missing for days, so I'm on a mission for that.

Aldi had a full meat section, unlike Eaton Ohio Walmart which literally had one single pack of Tilapia in the entire Beef, Chicken, Pork, Seafood section. Aldi has also rightfully earned a reputation for overpriced meat, but I found some worth grabbing given the current market.

People are a little more testy. More are wearing various types of masks and gloves.

My dad in Cali told me its fine there for now, but that if this goes on for much longer (as in more than another one or two weeks) "keep your weapons handy." He's never been much for that kind of talk, but is worried when folks truly realize how long before "normal" will resume..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Try the Amish store in Fountain City for yeast tomorrow morning (Closed on Sunday). They open at 8 and close at 6. They're not a big box but seem to maintain decent inventory. I live close. I felt kinda weird buying only a mass quantity of squirrel corn yesterday but that's all I really need. If I should run low on meat, the squirrel corn becomes squirrel bait with the help of a 10/22. They've been conditioned to hang out behind the house after years of maintaining a feeder. Same goes for the 2 deer licks back by the creek. Give Amish Acres a try and let me know their current situation.

PMd you

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If this governor wants to do something useful with the national guard he should use them to deliver food to stores and re-stock shelves.
    That alone would do more to calm people the hell down.

Top Bottom