• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    All the banks are drive through only around here.

Whats the status on a full lock down.

It may be unnecessary but I am upping the amount of cash I have on hand. Not a crazy amount, but it seems prudent.

I have spoken with managers at several local banks recently and all expect to be drive-thru and electronic only at any moment. the business of mortgages, etc. will go on but will be slowed somewhat by the minimized contact.

I am off to Amish country shortly for a right of way project. It will be interesting to hear their perspective on this. Also will be stopping in the Washington, IN Walmart to see if it is like the rest.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Have it from someone I believe that Illinois will “lock down” - ok let’s define this- essential travel only, like what was suggested upthread if we basically get along we’re left alone, but it gives them authority to put us in our place- anyway, “lock down” tonight, and Indiana has been about 24 hours behind. Illinois is having a meeting at this moment.
    She just said get what you need.
    She also mentioned that FEMA command runs differently, and what they have done in the NE to contain is showing results.

posted this in the main c19 thread a bit ago, from a NG friend.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So you all cash a check every Friday? I remember my folks doing that.

Does anyone anymore? Direct deposit's almost universally mandatory.

I just like going into the building, talking to a human and getting the cash in the bills I want. When we travel abroad, it's my wife that uses the ATM; I stand guard.

If I'm going to use one of those self-checkout cash machines, then I want a W2 from my bank for doing their job!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Same, no atm for 20 years. My checkbook is my record keeping system, but I don’t get a paycheck. Employees are direct deposit, use online to pay and move money around. So just cause no atm doesn’t mean we’re not using tech.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Sounds like things are getting pretty crazy at the Speedway Kroger, at least for this person.

Does anyone anymore? Direct deposit's almost universally mandatory.

I just like going into the building, talking to a human and getting the cash in the bills I want. When we travel abroad, it's my wife that uses the ATM; I stand guard.

If I'm going to use one of those self-checkout cash machines, then I want a W2 from my bank for doing their job!
    Wait! You’re THAT GUY!

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    FWIW, I've had good success with freezing milk for at least a few weeks at a time.

I may split a gallon in half and try freezing half to prolong it. I am the only milk drinker up in here. Mainly cook with it. So, it often goes sour on me. Thanks

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Downtown Fort Wayne BANK branches:

PNC – Downtown FW branch is closed.

Chase – Downtown FW branch is closed.

Old National – Drive Up (and walk up in Lane 1) is open.

Star - Downtown branch is open.

Not sure about the other banks.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I miss the all cash days. I still get paid cash when I cut a yard, deliver furniture, or almost any piddly side job. I like a good 3 or four hour job every once in a while that pays cash. hint hint :blahblah:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I may split a gallon in half and try freezing half to prolong it. I am the only milk drinker up in here. Mainly cook with it. So, it often goes sour on me. Thanks

Same reason I started doing it in the first place. Ex-gf drank milk and I didn't and got tired for throwing money away. Just loosen the cap, give it a little squeeze so it has some room, tighten cap, and chuck it in. Hope you have the same result I did!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I freeze loafs of bread. I think I have like 6 in there now. Be go through a lot of bread. This wasn't me panic buying.
    Never tried to freeze milk. I'll have to try it when this crazy is over.
    I have powdered milk now if I need it in an emergency and I still have a gallon and a half in the fridge of fresh milk. My kids don't drink a lot of milk, neither do I. I dont think I've ever seen my wife drink milk but she is weird anyways and doesn't eat a lot of normal things most people do.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sit-rep: I bought more BlackBerry bushes. A type of cherry bush, and grape vines today to add to my other fruit bushes I already planted.
    Also decided to go ahead and buy tomatoes in seed because I dont know what's going to happen with the greenhouses. I'll just start my own inside this year.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I freeze loafs of bread. I think I have like 6 in there now. Be go through a lot of bread. This wasn't me panic buying.
    Never tried to freeze milk. I'll have to try it when this crazy is over.
    I have powdered milk now if I need it in an emergency and I still have a gallon and a half in the fridge of fresh milk. My kids don't drink a lot of milk, neither do I. I dont think I've ever seen my wife drink milk but she is weird anyways and doesn't eat a lot of normal things most people do.
    Cut her loose if she won’t conform!;) Okay, just kidding, everyone knows you can’t make a sammich, so you NEED her.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    OH I LOVE MILK!
    If I had a cow I'd lay under her all day long. I would udderly be in heaven.

Freezing milk is fine. Thawing it can suck. Let it thaw completely before drinking. My kids would keep going into the fridge and pouring out whatever is not still ice all day then what's left is all watered down and pooey.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    OH I LOVE MILK!
    If I had a cow I'd lay under her all day long. I would udderly be in heaven.

Freezing milk is fine. Thawing it can suck. Let it thaw completely before drinking. My kids would keep going into the fridge and pouring out whatever is not still ice all day then what's left is all watered down and pooey.
    What are you waiting for, sell the little ingrates? Wait, you probably can’t sammich without their help so, you should probably keep them, if for nothing more than remedial training?

Top Bottom