• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cow35f

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Mulberry, IN
    I own a Taurus 24/7 pro and a Ruger SR9. When I look at other websites everything:dunno: I own is terrible. Am I that poor at choosing nice fun practical handguns?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I can't speak for the Taurus, but the SR9 has a very good reputation overall. There are a number of SR9/9c/40 owners on this board and you will have a hard time finding anyone who doesn't like them.

In the end, the key is if you are happy with them. Are they reliable? Accurate? Do they fit you well? If so, then don't worry about it.

nrar15

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Attica
    Don't believe everything you read most of it is just an opinon anyway. If it works and you like it who cares.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Ive had 4 Taurus' over the years, have 2 of them as we speak. bought 3 of them brand new, bought one used. They have always worked for me and i would buy another no problem.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I don't own either one, but have fondled and eyeballed an SR9 many times. Of all the reviews I've seen of both, the positive reviews far outweight the negative reviews.

When I look to step into the plastic gun world, a black/OD SR9 will probably be my first buy.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    My brother in law has the SR9 & loves it .I actually like the feel & he has had zero problems with it ,If you feel its dependable & you like it dont worry about it ,there are always bashers on something

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If it works for you, dont worry about it. That goes for EVERYTHING you buy. If you are happy, who cares what other people think?

I have a Taurus PT 111 Millennium Pro, and no one has ever said anything bad about it (to my face), but Taurus does kind of have a bad rep, so you will eventually find some of that. Taurus is better now, but you know those gun guys, they never forget

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    If it's an article or review on a website it's basically a paid advertisement in return for providing test/review guns to the author... If it's a message board (like this) then it's usually people touting the gun that they own... Taurus and Ruger won't have as many like that as say S&W or Glock... I would only take notice if there are an abnormal amount of people having the same problems with the same gun...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    You probably picked the best of the value priced guns available. I would personally choose an SR9 over a Glock 17 any day of the week, despite what the tacticool crowd says. It has a better trigger when polished than the G17 and feels/carries slimmer. The 24/7 is like any other Taurus: Get a good one, they run magnificently. Get a bad one, the factory can't even fix it. But the 24/7 seems to have less problems in total over the other Taurus models. Working at a range, I have yet to see a 24/7 fail or jam (though I have seen many a Millenium fail horribly).

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have shot a SRPc and was surprisingly pleased with it. The 24/7 was not to shabby except the trigger. If you like them that's all that matters. You are always going to have the fan boys, that say one gun is better then another. It's all a matter of preference.

ProudAmerican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I do not own either. I have looked at the Taurus and have heard bad and good depending on what dealer/person I talked too.

But I own a Hi-point 9mm and everyone talks about how horrible it is and what a piece of junk they are. I have like 5000 rounds or more through it and only thing I have had to do was have the spring replaced which after several thousand rounds is not that bad (and it was replaced for free). At the time it was what I could afford and I wanted it mostly for target practice and it has done that great.

Now for the opinion side of it. Before I bought the HP I asked one dealer what they thought of it and they said it was a great gun for target practice but would not use it for self defense. Then I go to another dealer and ask what they thought and they said it would be OK for self defense but it was not accurate enough to use for strictly target practice (I know - good logic). I ask another dealer and they say it is a good gun for the price and they would be OK with carrying it and that it would be OK for target practice but don't expect a really tight pattern from it.

So the moral of the story is like the others said - are you happy with the guns, do they work for you, would you trust them with your life (assuming you are carrying them)? If so then I would say that you made a good choice. I have a P22 and an XD45 along with the Hi-point and I love to shoot them all and do not regret any of the purchases.

mcwulf30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    I agree......

One of my favorites ever was my Hi-Point 9.
    Granted I had to keep one out of the magazine to keep it from jambing.

Fun gun though.

Top Bottom