• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Has anyone ever bought from SilencerShop.com? What shop did you use and how painful was the experience? They have a couple of cans that I've been looking at for decent prices, in my mind. They have a YHM Phantom QD for $480 and they also have a GemTech Trek for $500 something. The YHM is probably my number one choice right now, unless a better deal comes up.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I bought from my LGS, he actually beat silencer shop's price and then there wasn't a transfer fee... All I'm saying is would consider pricing some of the guys around you.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Has anyone ever bought from SilencerShop.com? What shop did you use and how painful was the experience? They have a couple of cans that I've been looking at for decent prices, in my mind. They have a YHM Phantom QD for $480 and they also have a GemTech Trek for $500 something. The YHM is probably my number one choice right now, unless a better deal comes up.

I pre-ordered and purchased my SilencerCo Saker 762 from them when they first came out. It was a painless process. I paid for my can, they already had my local dealer in their system. They filed the Form 3 and when that was approved transferred it to my dealer. He filled out my Form 4, I mailed in my money and other required items, and when it was approved picked up my can from him.

Silencer Shop has since changed their model. Now, when you buy something from them, you get a selection of "Powered by Silencershop" dealers to choose from. The price you see listed there is the price you pay, with no extra transfer fees. You actually pay Silencershop for your stamp, and then they give you instructions on sending your trust or individual stuff (prints, pics) to them. They file the Form 3 to the dealer you selected, wait 6 weeks, and then file the Form 4 from the dealer to you. Once it's all approved, you just pick up the can from that dealer you chose.

It sounds kinda complicated, but it's a pretty simple and painless process. They're good people to deal with.

There are a few other names out there if you want to go the more traditional route of them transferring to your dealer and you paying a transfer fee and your local dealer handling the Form 4.

Capitol Armory

Quiet Riot

Tarheel State Firearms

Lanbo's Armory

... and not to say don't give the local guy a chance, but don't forget to factor sales tax into their pricing.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Thanks, ryknoll. That was the type of info I was looking for. One of the "powered by" shops is actually the closest shop to me. I plan on pricing other shops as well before I pull the trigger. It's gotta be quick though, as I'm using a trust and my next NFA items will be two at once just to save time.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I have used them for 3 silencers now..... painless, especially if you have a trust.

I just added it to the cart, click buy (they already had my trust on file), three months later picked it up from the closest LGS that uses them.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I don't have any Class 3 stocking dealers local to me, but do have a Class 3 dealer that only does transfers. I have used SS multiple times because my dealer is a "powered by" dealer. Only had 1 issue with SS that was remedied immediately after I caught it.

Quiet Riot Firearms is also awesome. Great prices. Only difference is that your dealer fills out your form 4 and there is a transfer fee when using them. I've ordered 3 suppressors from them.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Yes, it was very easy to purchase a can from SilencerShop.

Used a NFALaywers.com trust and did "Powered By/SilencerShop Direct" with Bite The Bullet in Seymour as FFL for pickup and transfer. Piece of cake...

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have already completed 2 transaction with them and currently have three more in NFA jail. I have found SilencerShop to very knowledgable, helpful, easy to deal with and good with communication. I have a trust on file with them and every transaction has been seemless. I highly recommend them

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I used SilencerShop.com for my purchase (form 3 just cleared and form 4 is pending). I was very surprised how easy it was. Very clean service they have.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I appreciate that, Zbornac, and if I was closer I would come out to you guys just for the offer, unfortunately I'm 5 minutes from Grey Wolf Firearms (Avon area).

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I'm interested in a griffin Optimus. Is your price better than silencershop?

If SilencerShop has in stock....order on their site, use us as the dealer, and everyone wins! They handle all the paperwork and we'll babysit your can while it is in NFA jail.

Top Bottom