• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scsbronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Copper Customs has them in stock. I bought one last week. their price is 980$ they would budge a dollar but it was in stock. Ive bought two cans from them. When Tim (MAC) is there its cool. Otherwise you have to put up with a bunch of goofs with weird sense of humor lol.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I hit up a few INGO supporters, including MAC (who never responded) about a Griffin Optimus before buying through SilenserShop ($986). Mine is in ATF jail at the moment.....

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I went ahead and ordered a back order Optimus for $899 via a power Seller on silencer shop. Thanks to everyone for the help. Back ordered until May but it still beats the deadline.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I went ahead and ordered a back order Optimus for $899 via a power Seller on silencer shop. Thanks to everyone for the help. Back ordered until May but it still beats the deadline.

As long as your Form 4 is sent in before the deadline....

Right now, they are sending out form 4's 6-8 weeks (one of mine were just 9 weeks) after filing the form 3. So it will be close...

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    They said they get the serial numbers before they get the shipment. As soon as they have the serial numbers they send in the forms. So they say.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    They said they get the serial numbers before they get the shipment. As soon as they have the serial numbers they send in the forms. So they say.

I was told by SS that the ATF lost 2 giant boxes of form 3's. That caused mass confusion because other Form 3's and Form 4's for the same serial numbers were getting rejected due to the lost Form 3's. So now they are waiting until they think the Form3's are about to clear before they send Form 4's. They sent my last Form 4 after the Form 3 cleared... They told me all of this on the phone the other day. I have no clue if this is true or not.

So between this and the panic buying, everything is taking a little longer.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if that's true or not. My timeline is pretty clean. Ordered Nov 27th. Serial number assigned on December 9th. Got the notice ATF cashed the form4 payment on Jan 9th, and then got notice that Form3 cleared on February 8th. I'm not sure if that enlightens anyone, or what it really means since this is my first rodeo.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I bought one suppressor from them and it was a good experience. I was planning to buy more and recommending them to everyone. Then they screwed a member on here by selling him a Gen1 HTA guardian 22 when it was supposed to be a Gen2. The customer was screwed and SS wouldn't eat the mistake. Come to find out there were multiple customers they did this to. Of course they blamed it on HTA but in the end it was their fault. No way those suppressors would've made it to the customer had they opened the boxes and made sure everything was right. In the end I believe they offered a discount on a future purchase as their pathetic way of making it go away.

I don't care if they're half price. I won't ever buy from them again.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Called silencer shop back today to make sure they would be able to have my paperwork done in time and the answer was finally no. Best they could do was maybe and it will be close. I don't want to deal with the hassle so I canceled my order and ordered one from copper custom. They had 6 in stock now 5. If anyone wants one I'd give copper custom a call and get one while they have them.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Got an Optimus and an Obsidian on order from them, got the SNs this week and they submitted the paperwork for both of them. Seems pretty painless.Now the wait...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Ordered two can yesterday from Silencer Shop.
    Spoke with Sam at ext 115. He is a good dude and we were both laughing so hard at the way I get people to pronounce my last name correctly.

I ordered a Gemtech GM 22 and a Rugged Surge 7.62. Both were in stock.
    I sent them my trust and within hours they sent me the paperwork with attached serial numbers via email to approve. I approved it and got another conformation email today that everything everything is being sent in.

I also purchased a Gemtech GM 45 from Brownells (in stock) and used Tactical Components to transfer the can. Tactical Components is the closest dealer to me (21 miles) for my order from Silencer Shop.

Next will be to SBR a few lowers and possibly an AK pistol.

Very easy transaction on both of the purchases. If I could have found them in stock locally that would have been my preference but tuff times calls for tough actions.

Marc Halata setup my Trust in a super fast timeframe. He is such a great guy and very knowledgeable. Makes things easy to understand and follow along. If you don't have a NFA Trust you need to give him a shout.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Are they sending the paperwork to you or to the atf? I ordered last Saturday send them my drivers Licsense and trust paperwork and I have no paperwork yet...

conrats on ur new cans!

i do like that they actually carry the products in stock!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Are they sending the paperwork to you or to the atf? I ordered last Saturday send them my drivers Licsense and trust paperwork and I have no paperwork yet...

conrats on ur new cans!

i do like that they actually carry the products in stock!

They take care of all paperwork. When everything clears and it comes back to the dealer I go there and fill out a 4473 front side and they just keep it on file. Then I take my can home with me.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if that's true or not. My timeline is pretty clean. Ordered Nov 27th. Serial number assigned on December 9th. Got the notice ATF cashed the form4 payment on Jan 9th, and then got notice that Form3 cleared on February 8th. I'm not sure if that enlightens anyone, or what it really means since this is my first rodeo.
    Call that my stamp was done May 23rd.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I bought a Specwar 5.56K from SS via their old SS Direct, everything went smoothly and I got to pick it up at Premier Arms lat year.

Last month I bought 2 through the Powered By SS deal, a Rugged Obsidian45 ($654) and AAC Cyclone 7.62($335). the process is pretty straight forward, they know what they are doing.

Top Bottom