• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The Calvary is the synthetic lowers that were made up for INGO a bit ago? I haven't seen or heard much about them lately. How are they holding up?
    I've been a Cav Arms owner/fan for years, they are awesome lowers, very light, common in competition, and pretty much like a Glock in terms of durability. What can go wrong with plastic other than scuffs?

Here are 3 more of mine, these are all Cavalry Arms guns, the yellow is 7.62x39, the others are 5.56.
    1-19.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had no idea that Cav had been making them that long. I was wondering if the holes for the pins ever stretched or elongated after use. Those look pretty cool. Do they come in those colors or do you refinish them?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    just got bored with black I take it?
    Pretty much yup.

I had no idea that Cav had been making them that long. I was wondering if the holes for the pins ever stretched or elongated after use. Those look pretty cool. Do they come in those colors or do you refinish them?
    These are actually guns from their later production runs. They had earlier versions and made some modifications because they had some issues with cracks. Really was a fairly small number as a % of their product line but they improved it to the MK II design, which is what these are.

As for colors, these pieces are limited production colors. They also made RED, PAINTERS TAPE BLUE and ELECTRIC GREEN. Those were also in limited production runs.

Tactical colors standard production and kept in stock all the time, those included Flat Dark Earth, Foilage Green, O.D. Green, and Black. I've owned Black and F.D.E. but no longer have those.

All the colors run through the plastic so you can't scratch it off.

They also made individual parts for regular ARs and my yellow Grendel from the first post of this thread as well as one of my daughter's pink ARs is made from their parts. Cav Arms was also the OEM supplier for grips, stocks, and handguards for quite a few different rifle companies so you may well have Cav Arms parts on some of your ARs.

Top Bottom