• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Ok, I have to say, I love the 1911, Smith and Wesson revolvers are the gold standard of revolvers to me. I have a passing admiration for the Glock, and have owned, and would own again, an XD, but for the life of me I can't see what it is about SIG pistols (except the 1911's) that people like. They look clunky, and the one's I've held seem blocklike, SIGites help me! What am I missing?
    :dunno:

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    I'm not a fanboy but I do love my Sig's - here's my take:

If you subscribe to the DA/SA trigger approach as the right mix of safe and accurate there really isn't a better DA/SA trigger (IMO) than the Sig.

The sights are perfect - lots of people pick up the Sig sights faster than others

They are crazy accurate

They just feel substantial and well built when you hold them - it inspires confidence.

bloodman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    in your nightmares
    I own three an they are great shooters, not one problem.:) The trigger is like a revolver the first shot, then after that it`s as close to a 1911 trigger you will get without being one.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There are Sigs that do have a beauty to them. Only the P210 comes to mind right now.

But I have to agree, most everything after that seems less than good looking.

I guess the build quality, design, internals, reliability, and accuracy makes up for the ugly.

Try on a Sig Pro 2022 for an econo thrill into the world of Signess. Excellent value regardless if their name wasn't stamped on it.

Fastmover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Stepford...aka Fishers, IN
    I'm not a fanboy but I do love my Sig's - here's my take:

If you subscribe to the DA/SA trigger approach as the right mix of safe and accurate there really isn't a better DA/SA trigger (IMO) than the Sig.

The sights are perfect - lots of people pick up the Sig sights faster than others

They are crazy accurate

They just feel substantial and well built when you hold them - it inspires confidence.

+1
    What he said!
    I'm new to the Sig bandwagon, but the trigger on my P229 is about as sweet as I've tried.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    My buddy owns a SigPro, and for the price it's a great gun with a good trigger. I'm not really a fan of the high bore axis or ergos though, and I certainly wouldn't shell out the cash for a "classic" Sig. There's simply too many guns that fit me better for better prices, although the Pro models are tough to beat for $400.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I had a Sig Pro and it was a nice gun. I recently got a 226 Elite and I absolutely love it. It did feel kind of large in my hands, but I put that out of my mind and gave it a try. The placement of the controls, weight, trigger and re-set, sighs, beaver tail, and the simplistic field strip, all causes me to believe that I have an incredible gun. Now, I just have to get out to the range. :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I have great respect for SIG and I owned a beautiful 2-tone P226 for a while. They feel great when you hold them, and as others have said, they are very well built and engineered and are just great shooters.

My issues with them do make SIG a no-go for carry or competition because of the higher bore and the placement of the slide release lever. I love how close it is to the thumb so you do not have to break your grip to use it to release the slide but a high-tang and thumbs-forward grip will almost always place your thumb over the slide release and I can't tell you how many times I had the slide close on an empty chamber because of that. Training and a different grip will eliminate that but it would change everything on how I would grip my other guns and I try to standardize everything and it would just require too much fine tuning to make it right for me. A single-action SIG...I'm all over it!

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Here is my experiance watching people shoot Sigs in competition.

1. BAM <miss>
    2. BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM <hits>

That first shot, its a doozy :) Best to just chuck it out there, get it out of the way and move on with the shots that will hit the targets :)

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side

1. BAM <miss>

That first shot, its a doozy :) Best to just chuck it out there, get it out of the way and move on with the shots that will hit the targets :)

Has your experience been that this is a Sig thing or have you seen it across all DA/SA guns?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

1. BAM <miss>

DA first shot?

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Come on by the shop one day when Im here and you can shoot my Sig Pro and then you will understand. The Sig Pro as like other Sigs also has a cold hammer forged barrel,is accurate as hell,reliable, not to mention a great set of night sights and for me the big part other than it being a Sig was that it is not a Glock! One very well made polymer gun when it comes to the Sig Pro series! I have a couple other Sigs you can try out too if ya want. Whether it be here in the back or at the range in Borden. Just drop me a PM and let me know.

Last edited:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have found my buddy's Sig Pro to be an excellent shooter. The sights and ergonomics are nearly perfect for me and although it looks a bit clunky, it is accurate as can be and very easy to shoot. I think you quickly get used to the DA shot.

I haven't had the pleasure of shooting any of the higher end Sigs, but I'd love to. I'm too afraid I'd need one after though...(trying not to drink the kool-aid for $ reasons).

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I have found my buddy's Sig Pro to be an excellent shooter. The sights and ergonomics are nearly perfect for me and although it looks a bit clunky, it is accurate as can be and very easy to shoot. I think you quickly get used to the DA shot.

I haven't had the pleasure of shooting any of the higher end Sigs, but I'd love to. I'm too afraid I'd need one after though...(trying not to drink the kool-aid for $ reasons).
    I already drank it :D. I shot a skunk in the face at 62 yards with my SP 2022. I didnt think it would be that accurate but it is! Mine loves the Hornandy Critical Defense ammo! You sure cant beat the price either 400 for one with contrast sights or around 500 or so with Sig NS. The NS are bright and very easy to pick up! I may have to do an updated video review to add to the review I posted here a while back since theyre becoming so popular now.

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    +1 on the 2022.

lftsidetilt.jpg

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I have one of the new models and one of the older ones like yours and they both shoot greatand are great guns, but I like the E2 style grips and the 1913 rail on the new ones more.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010

1. BAM <miss>

LOL that's one of the reasons I prefer Sig's DAK models over their DA/SA models.

Yea granted the DAK trigger reset is a bit longer than SA but the consistency from first shot to last shot is well worth the bit of extra travel IMHO.

Top Bottom