• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    With any of the pistols I own or have owned...Glock, Para, S&W M&P, Walther,...they all seem to shoot very nice, and most times can generate medium to small ragged hole at 15 yds with the occasional flyer. I had a really sweet Blackwater Tactical P226 that I couldn't hit a darn thing with. I always fired it SA, as I really dont like a DA pull. SIGs are really well made, but obviously...not for everyone.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Here is my experiance watching people shoot Sigs in competition.

1. BAM <miss>
    2. BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM <hits>

That first shot, its a doozy :) Best to just chuck it out there, get it out of the way and move on with the shots that will hit the targets :)

There should be no reason for it to be double action unless you want it to be. When you load the first round of a magazine into the chamber it cocks the hammer when you rack the slide. Its only double action if you hit the decocker.

I already drank it :D. I shot a skunk in the face at 62 yards with my SP 2022. I didnt think it would be that accurate but it is! Mine loves the Hornandy Critical Defense ammo! You sure cant beat the price either 400 for one with contrast sights or around 500 or so with Sig NS. The NS are bright and very easy to pick up! I may have to do an updated video review to add to the review I posted here a while back since theyre becoming so popular now.

They are cheaper than that right now, Midwest Gun has the contrast for $389 and the NS version for I think $439 or something like that. I paid $425 from Ranger for my CS, I guess I cant complain too much, Id spend the extra $30 in gas to get there and back. Plus I just like the guys there.

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    Here is my experiance watching people shoot Sigs in competition.

1. BAM <miss>
    2. BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM <hits>

That first shot, its a doozy :) Best to just chuck it out there, get it out of the way and move on with the shots that will hit the targets :)

The key is to go Double Action Only. I had a 220 for 15 years in DA/SA and switched to a 220 in DA only and my consistancy was much better. Im deadly acuurate with every round now. Before DA only i had to adjust for the first round. The style of trigger affects people also. They offer different trigger options.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Speaking of Sig 230's... Here is a pic of a weekend project to put a Hogue P230 grip on a P230JP .32 w safety. It took a while with the dremel.

I think they are a nice looking pair but I'm biased.

230-pairLarge.jpg

Muntz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    I have to agree. The whole trigger option thing can be a little intimidating. I watched a buddy that bought one frag the ceiling at Pop Guns the first time he shot it. Traded it to another friend because he just could not get the hang of it.

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I personally like the Sig trigger set up. I have P229R chambered in .40. The DA pull is something to get used to, but I got proficient with it pretty fast doing 1 DA, 2 SA, decock, and repeat. I did have a friend accidentally shoot the ground with it his first time messing with DA/SA once. I did try out a Glock and used it pretty much exclusively at the range for about 8 months, never could get used to the trigger or close to as accurate as I am with my Sig. Not a knock on Glocks, another friend shot out the bullseye with that very gun and I never had issues with it, but they're just not my preference.

blaster2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have a 239 and have shot a 220 quite a bit. I love them both and they are very reliable and plenty accurate. However, I wouldn't say they are any better than other excellent pistols (Glock, Springfield, Smith and Wesson,H&K, etcc..). I also like things that not everyone else has. I don't see the Sig at the range as often as other brands.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I can't put my finger on the Sig metal framed allure, but it's there. I had a P226 for awhile. The ergos were great, the look was awesome, ran like a raped ape reliability wise.....but that dang long heavy DA/SA trigger and long reset made it tough to shoot as well as my safe action striker fired stuff or 1911s. Between that and some bills, I sold it. Wish I hadn't.

I keep telling myself to buy another and practice more and I can make it competitive for some of the games I play. Que isn't helping posting that P226 Elite p0rn either.

JCAJR30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Union County
    Sigs are amoung the finest engineered weapons made. Like a cadillac, once you own one a lincoln just wont do the job. Dont get me wrong - i own glocks, smiths, walthers, etc... they are all fine weapons - Sig is amoung the best.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I guess to each their own. I've always found the Sig Classic line to be the "best looking" guns of any manufacturer. As mentioned above, the P228 may well be the best production handgun of all time.

Farley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Bartholomew County
    I was looking for a carry gun, picked up a sig P239 and fell in love. It fit my hand well, felt very balanced and seemed less bulky than a Glock 17. Once I shot it I knew I'd made the right decision. Right off the bat I was consistently staying on target. It's just so smooth to fire. I wouldn't trade it for anything...but I'm thinking of picking up a baby glock just to have a something more easily concealable. Love the SIG though!!

Last edited:

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    My carry is a p229 and I love it. I went to a pistol class not long ago and I was the only hammer gun there. I guess a dying breed. I would say I was one of the top shooters. The others were M&P, Glocks and Springfield's. I could get off a faster first shot with a striker, but not my much. I was shooting first round DA from a level two faster than most from a open holster. To be fair most of the other shooters were new.

To Each his own...

Top Bottom