• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I hope this hasn't already been posted, I searched and didn't see it. Not groundbreaking news or anything....

Bud's has multiple types of P250 CPO's for $399. I believe they all have Sig factory night sights on them. They have 45's, 40's, and 9's in all black and bi-tone.

Just thought I would pass this along, seems like a decent deal

Sig Sauer 250s for Sale at BudsGunShop

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I think the P250 is going over like a lead balloon... it's only a matter of time before they're in the CDNN catalog - "BLOWOUT - LAST ONES - WE BOUGHT THEM ALL!" :rolleyes:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I think the P250 is going over like a lead balloon... it's only a matter of time before they're in the CDNN catalog - "BLOWOUT - LAST ONES - WE BOUGHT THEM ALL!" :rolleyes:

Yeah it seems that they haven't been greatly received. I don't have any personal experience with them, but the DAO system is certainly a turn off for me.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    but the DAO system is certainly a turn off for me.

Of my limited experience with DAO guns, the P250 has the smoooothest and lightest pull I've encountered. It's long, but consistent. You would definitely want to dedicate yourself to that particular system and learn it well.

The thing about the P250 when it first appeared was it's "interchangeability". Unfortunately, you might as well buy a whole 'nother gun with what it would cost to swap your trigger group into another frame/slide/magazine.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Why do you think they aren't selling?

The P250 strikes me as being to SIG what the Sigma is to S&W and the P22 is to Walther - a cheaply built, mediocre design that stands in contrast to the products upon which the company built its reputation.

P250s are running $600-700+ new. "Classic SIG" fans aren't going to pay that for a 250 when they can have a 220/226/228/229/239 for the same money or a little more, and it's too high of a price point to win over Glock/Sigma/Taurus/Ruger/etc buyers.

Nevermind the fact that the P250's single defining feature - it's modularity - was not fully exploited until relatively recently, and then it turned out to be cost prohibitive.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    PHP:
    The P250 strikes me as being to SIG what the Sigma is to S&W and the P22 is to Walther - a cheaply built, mediocre design that stands in contrast to the products upon which the company built its reputation.

P250s are running $600-700+ new. "Classic SIG" fans aren't going to pay that for a 250 when they can have a 220/226/228/229/239 for the same money or a little more, and it's too high of a price point to win over Glock/Sigma/Taurus/Ruger/etc buyers.

Nevermind the fact that the P250's single defining feature - it's modularity - was not fully exploited until relatively recently, and then it turned out to be cost prohibitive.

Thanks for the explanation shooter. I've only held a 250 A few times and noticed the trigger pull was really long.

Isn't the 250 a decent seller in Europe. I thought I had read that somewhere.

Anyhow, thanks -- as always -- for sharing your knowledge.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Tell me more about this gun. I like the price but I've never heard of it any problems with them? Is it polymer? Hammer?

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    good to know!

I'm interested in this "Sig" as well. Handled one at Bradis. Liked it. I think Bradis had it in the $500 range, I think.

I don't own a Sig and currently have 1911-type pistolas. Though I would try a P250 in .45. Now I don't know...:dunno:

One other concern..I wanted to use the P250 to shoot informal steel matches, etc. Looked around online for magazines for the 250. Most were $45 and up...Yikes! So I buy the P250 and spend another $200 or so to get 4-5 more mags.....

OK you Sig guys...where are the deals on magazines? And, if I want to go Sig do I have to buck up and just pay the piper?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    No hammer. Yes it is polymer.

The DAO trigger is INCREDIBLY smooth. There are rarely deals on sig mags. Ever.

That being said I like my metal guns more than polymer.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    No hammer.

There is a hammer, but it's of the spurless/recessed type.
    sig_p250dcc-3.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is the trigger pull and reset really that bad?

The trigger pull is actually quite nice, especially for a DAO. Its long, but smooth and consistent.

The downside is that reset is all the way back out.

Think of it as a VERY nice revolver trigger.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I've heard some gun stores won't accept transfers
    from Bud's do to their low prices. (they do offer some good prices)

Might be limited to KY only.
    Didn't know if it was here in Indiana as well, thought I'd ask.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Must...use...control...

OK,

Rainy day here in Indy...AND it is payday...And I've been Really Good lately...

Hmmm, all-black? Or the two-tone? Full size or compact?

...back to work for a few minutes...:popcorn:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom