• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I have hatted Comcast cable company ever since they bought out Insight. I opened my latest bill today and again another $20 increase. I called them to see if it was a mistake well it was not!! So I asked them to justify the increase. All I have is basic cable, dvr and HD. NO HBO or any pay type channels. My bill back in June was about $62, then it went to $88 and now it is $105 and nothing changed!!!! Needless to say that he could not justify the increase.

Guess it is time to look at getting a dish!!!

UPDATE:

I call Comcast again today to cancel. After very little fight they knocked off $50 and added showtime for free....

What do things have to be so hard!!!!!

Last edited:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I would suggest staying away from AT&T U-Verse as well. I have had lots of problems since switching in November. Poor picture quality, rebates that were promised at sale were never given, customer service is poor, tech has been to the house three times and still can't get good picture. I'm going back to Dish Network.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    It doesn't matter which one you get. They entice you with a feel good offer, then when the time is up, they bend you over.

I have had em all, and I can't say one is better than the other.

In most cases, you can't beat the speed of cable internet.
    Cable phone works pretty well too.
    Their TV equipment is sub-par to say the least. Dish Network has the best equipment.
    ATT works as long as you are 20 feet or less from the ped.
    DirecTV - Haven't had in so many years, I just don't know.

I am considering canceling my Comcrap TV, keeping the internet, and getting Apple TV. Haven't had that yet.

Better yet, I would rather just KILL MY TELEVISION.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    My triple play from comcast is around $130 (on bill after taxes & stuff, basic cable, I think 15megabit internet, standard phone). I still have to call and see how they can lower it for me. Our purchasing guy at work calls comcast every 3 months for his home account, they usually work with him to keep him as a customer. Lifehacker had a good article about it - How to lower your cable bill - Bill Paying - Lifehacker

Or yeah, can always stream all the shows you wanna watch, just gotta wait a day after it's on live tv. Haven't messed with finding live sports feeds, but I'm sure they are out there (probably pay, good luck finding free). I've noticed I don't watch much tv anymore, just wait for a season of a show to be done then get the season and watch when I want.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I am considering canceling my Comcrap TV, keeping the internet,

Good luck with that. I have Comcast for the Internet connection and they required that I take basic cable TV as well. I'm pretty sure it is because they can't block the TV signal, so they figure they should charge for it. If you can figure out how to get Internet only from Comcast, let me know.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Good luck with that. I have Comcast for the Internet connection and they required that I take basic cable TV as well. I'm pretty sure it is because they can't block the TV signal, so they figure they should charge for it. If you can figure out how to get Internet only from Comcast, let me know.

I used to get internet only from Comcrap, they charged an extra $10/ month since I did not have a cable package.

I have DSL now, it is more reliable in my area than Comcrap (and faster too).

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    No, they can block it. The reason they don't like you to have internet only is because you don't count as a subscriber in their number count. They were giving away free basic to people here last year just so they could count them as a customer on their reports.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    rabbit ears with digital converter box. Seriously. If it weren't for wifey and shows like Desperate Housewives, we wouldn't have Uverse. It's awesome, but $100 per month. Oh yeah, the iPhone application is ridiculous - I can set my DVR anywhere with my cell phone.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I've had Direct TV for over 13 years. Service has been good and price is reasonable. Some of my friends have Dish and have no complaints. I've compared prices and don't see any difference.

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I have Comcast's extended basic and after tax and all those extra charges, I pay over $50 bucks!! No digital, no hd, no dvr...nothing.

I would go with direct tv or dish, but I'm surrounded by trees and can't get a good/dependable signal to save my life!! :xmad:

Top Bottom