• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MacMan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Good luck with that. I have Comcast for the Internet connection and they required that I take basic cable TV as well. I'm pretty sure it is because they can't block the TV signal, so they figure they should charge for it. If you can figure out how to get Internet only from Comcast, let me know.
    Tell them you have your cable with somebody else.

Rocko25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Indy
    brighthouse is no better! plus their service and reception isnt the best. i got free wifi but no tv..i kind of like not having the extra bill for now

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    If you buy your equipment on eBay, you don't have to sign a contract. I was able to get ALL of the HD channels for $20/month from Dish Network. That's all I needed.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    comcast just raised the rate on my high speed internet... Crappy service + High prices = me calling comcast and telling them to shove it.

Right now I just have my mobile broadband 3g card from AT&T and to be honest it is about as fast as my comcast 8mb/1mb connection. No big downloads, but I can stream hulu with no issue.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I had AT&T when I lived up there, not U-Verse just home phone and DSL. I never had a problem with the service, and their customer support department was always pretty helpful and polite.

Just sayin...

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I would suggest staying away from AT&T U-Verse as well. I have had lots of problems since switching in November. Poor picture quality, rebates that were promised at sale were never given, customer service is poor, tech has been to the house three times and still can't get good picture. I'm going back to Dish Network.

I had great picture with mine, rebate went through no problem. The only complaint I have is they do not provide service at my new house... I have dish now and it okay, but I wish I still had U-Verse...

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I would like to switch to Dish as well, but we have 5 TVs in the house. They charge $5 extra dollars per TV. I couldn't justify the cost of switching.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Staying with Comcast, since I can basically run as many non-HD TV's to it as I want.

Can't do that with the others.

I also use them for Internet connectivity, and the speeds are about as good as it gets with all six of us being online all the time.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We've used Dish for years and have had great results. We use Comcast for internet only, no basic, no nothing. Just internet. It's a great combo for us.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Good luck with that. I have Comcast for the Internet connection and they required that I take basic cable TV as well. I'm pretty sure it is because they can't block the TV signal, so they figure they should charge for it. If you can figure out how to get Internet only from Comcast, let me know.

I signed up for Comcast internet mid December. I called the 800 number, and explained that I would like to have their high speed in internet. They gave me just the internet, for $25/month (for 6 months, then it goes up). I have the new Consumer Reports and they suggest calling your provider and discussing pricing. When I get home I'll take a look at the article again.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I have hatted Comcast cable company ever since they bought out Insight. I opened my latest bill today and again another $20 increase. I called them to see if it was a mistake well it was not!! So I asked them to justify the increase. All I have is basic cable, dvr and HD. NO HBO or any pay type channels. My bill back in June was about $62, then it went to $88 and now it is $105 and nothing changed!!!! Needless to say that he could not justify the increase. Guess it is time to look at getting a dish!!!

Do yourself a real favor; get rid of cable/satellite forever. I quit cable back in 2000. Originally, I didn't plan on that being permanent, but the longer I went without it, the less I missed it. Now, if I go to someone's house and flip through their cable channels, all I see is garbage.

This April will be our 10-year anniversary without cable. That is $50/month times 120 months = $6,000 minimum savings.

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    Do yourself a real favor; get rid of cable/satellite forever. I quit cable back in 2000. Originally, I didn't plan on that being permanent, but the longer I went without it, the less I missed it. Now, if I go to someone's house and flip through their cable channels, all I see is garbage.

This April will be our 10-year anniversary without cable. That is $50/month times 120 months = $6,000 minimum savings.

I would love to but cable is cheaper than a divorce!!!!

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I paid 220 a month while i lived at my parents house, now i get free tv because I'm married and have a baby

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I wish Comcast would go under.. that would be awesome!

The problem, once again, is government. Instead of allowing total and complete access, government passes out monopolies. This means you are stuck with just one cable provider. If you are able to get a good signal, then the dish stuff can be better, but with our trees here in my neighborhood, we had issues with getting a good signal. Maybe it was the install, maybe not..who knows. Anyways, U-Verse is the only other option, line wise, which is why they can charge just 5% less and get customers. Still not much of an option if you ask me. I should have Comsuck, Brighthouse, Time Warner, etc. begging for my business.

Don't worry, since these companies have no problem with government provided monopolies, they will have no problems when our government finally puts the hurt on them. When government provides monopolies, and companies screw over their customers, it is time for more government regulation. Support the a la carte type laws that some organizations are pushing for. You would only pay for the channels you want, and not all the other junk.

Top Bottom