• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    If you have bad pain during SHTF you will probably build up a tolerance (?) to whatever you are taking quick. So alternate Tylenol, Aspirin, etc.

In all of my years of research and experience I have never been privy to this "tolerance" build up in anything except opioids. A URL(s) or reference is needed here.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    In all of my years of research and experience I have never been privy to this "tolerance" build up in anything except opioids. A URL(s) or reference is needed here.
    This is a post based on GOOD science, not opinions. :patriot:

Edit: to reduce possible misunderstandings after the SHTF and the internet is unearthed and these posts are read again.

Last edited:

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I tried the tylenol + aleve , smaller dose ( 2+2 ) . it worked great after spending the day digging in the mud . No internal organ shutdown to report, yet.. It did , however, make me say some really stupid things on the interwebs.....that's my story and I 'm sticking to it. :yesway:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Oh sorry, my ten years of dealing with inoperable displaced disks T-4 through T-7 must have just been in my imagination.
    You read it wrong, I agreed with you.

But since it is the internet, no one gives a Sh** anyway. If you abuse certain pain killers, it could in fact be your imagination.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    You 2 realize that Wild Pot does not have the same medicinal values as the cultivated Pot?! :dunno:

Bull****. It has the exact same medicinal values, probably even more, because it has not been fertilized or pesticized. As far as THC content, no, not nearly as much, but as far as medicinal values wild is definitely better.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Bull****. It has the exact same medicinal values, probably even more, because it has not been fertilized or pesticized. As far as THC content, no, not nearly as much, but as far as medicinal values wild is definitely better.
    :rofl::wow::ugh:
    No offense there bud, but this is simply false. Selective breeding and cross breeding can yield higher levels or lower levels of ANY desired or undesired characteristic. If the plant has been hybridized to produce higher levels of specific cannabinoids desired for a medicinal purpose as opposed to being cultivated for a high THC content, you will have a superior plant to that found wild. It's just a plant guys, not rocket surgery or brain science.

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Bull****. It has the exact same medicinal values, probably even more, because it has not been fertilized or pesticized.
    LOL!
    Ever tried using Wild Hemp?!
    Bet you get a Headache before you get anything else out of it...
    As far as THC content, no, not nearly as much, but as far as medicinal values wild is definitely better.
    Unless you are planning on making Rope or Sails out of it, you better care what the THC Content is....

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana

I'm confused, are you a medical professional? I am, licensed in the state of Indiana.

There are MANY issues and topics related to medications. SHTF pain meds should not differ from pain meds you would use now. Why does adding SHTF infront of anything make people expect a different outcome/answer?

Medication tolerance, resistance and drug absorption all need to be considered. Now with the elderly, their body metabolizes much differently than when they were younger. A Tylenol, Benadryl, Vicodin, etc will have a stronger effect. Now antibiotics. Let's say Jane Doe takes Bactrim every few months for a re-occuring UTI. Soon enough, the bacteria causing her UTI will become RESISTANT to Bactrim. That is determined by the culture and sensitivity AFTER the urinalysis. Seizure medications, some people need their dose increased until it's about "maxed out", then they try another medication. I've seen this several times and it usually causes the patient to have seizures during the medication change. I had a hernia, was prescribed Tramadol. I was needing 150mg-200mg just to barely touch the pain. Then I was prescribed Vicodin. I was needing 10mg of hydrocodone every 3-4 hours to make the pain subside. Had the same effect with muscle relaxers. A nurse I know has the same problem with Xanax. She's gone from .25mg twice a day to 1mg four times a day. Could it be in her head? Maybe. You can look up URLs if you want. I'll just look up at my degree/license. Good day. :ingo:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm confused, are you a medical professional? I am, licensed in the state of Indiana.

There are MANY issues and topics related to medications. SHTF pain meds should not differ from pain meds you would use now. Why does adding SHTF infront of anything make people expect a different outcome/answer?

Medication tolerance, resistance and drug absorption all need to be considered. Now with the elderly, their body metabolizes much differently than when they were younger. A Tylenol, Benadryl, Vicodin, etc will have a stronger effect. Now antibiotics. Let's say Jane Doe takes Bactrim every few months for a re-occuring UTI. Soon enough, the bacteria causing her UTI will become RESISTANT to Bactrim. That is determined by the culture and sensitivity AFTER the urinalysis. Seizure medications, some people need their dose increased until it's about "maxed out", then they try another medication. I've seen this several times and it usually causes the patient to have seizures during the medication change. I had a hernia, was prescribed Tramadol. I was needing 150mg-200mg just to barely touch the pain. Then I was prescribed Vicodin. I was needing 10mg of hydrocodone every 3-4 hours to make the pain subside. Had the same effect with muscle relaxers. A nurse I know has the same problem with Xanax. She's gone from .25mg twice a day to 1mg four times a day. Could it be in her head? Maybe. You can look up URLs if you want. I'll just look up at my degree/license. Good day. :ingo:

Say what? Building tolerance and resistance is a real thing? Who da thunk it.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh

Medical professional? OK, I'll bite, what is the string of letters behind your name?

Degree? Where? IU? Guadalajara?

Your little run on diatribe says your spell check and ability to compose and punctuate are admirable.

None of it addressed my assertion that, in general, a tolerance increase that was touted for Aspirin, Tylenol and Ibuprofen doesn't occur.

If we want to spit hairs and include inability to metabolize a medication because of age or disease then we are off topic and it's a distraction at best.

Speak to an existence of a tolerance increase for Aspirin, Tylenol and Ibuprofen. If you lack the ability to substantiate your assertions by offering a URL or reference data then our conversation is over.

Oh, and enjoy the ego message you get staring up at your degree. At the very least it will reinforce the deity complex you received with your diploma.

bigworm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    hobart
    if you need it in the first day in a shtf situation you probably wont make it anything will do for someone thats suffering

bigworm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    hobart
    I was needing 10mg of hydrocodone every 3-4 hours to make the pain subside. Had the same effect with muscle relaxers. A nurse I know has the same problem with Xanax. She's gone from .25mg twice a day to 1mg four times a day. :ingo:
    these doses are not even that high

Top Bottom