• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Lets just say S does HTF. Who cares about legal at that point? It's about survival right?
    You really need to know the side effects of Drugs if you are going to use them.
    Some in to heavy or extended dosages can kill a person or worse.
    Some do not mix well with others.
    Some alone can cause enough problems in administered improperly...

rn7554

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You really need to know the side effects of Drugs if you are going to use them.
    Some in to heavy or extended dosages can kill a person or worse.
    Some do not mix well with others.
    Some alone can cause enough problems in administered improperly...
    Then he needs to contact me before taking it. I'll tell him how much to take. Pharmacist consultation for free!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    When I drove a commercial vehicle a dentist told me that 2 tylenol and 2 ibuprofen will given you the same results for pain relief as a lortab without the negative side affects such as drowsiness etc...

I tried it and it works pretty good too.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    Xyrem is a real ass kicker if you need to sleep through your pain.

My god, your incredibility ignorant.

Zyrem is used to prevent attacks of cataplexy (episodes of muscle weakness that begin suddenly and last for a short time) in patients who have narcolepsy (a sleep disorder that may cause extreme sleepiness, sudden uncontrollable urge to sleep during daily activities and cataplexy).

If you guys want PROPER medical info... get yourself a PDR.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    It's my understanding that cocaine has a pain killing effect and won't be illegal anymore at that point.....on second thought, you guys are all pansies. Chew some willow bark and be done with it.
    Willow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The leaves and bark of the willow tree have been mentioned in ancient texts from Assyria, Sumer and Egypt[8] as a remedy for aches and fever,[9] and the Ancient Greek physician Hippocrates wrote about its medicinal properties in the fifth century BC. Native Americans across the American continent relied on it as a staple of their medical treatments, because willows contain salicin, a substance that chemically resembles aspirin. It temporarily relieves headache, stomachache, and other body pain. Salicin is metabolized into salicylic acid in the human body, which is a precursor of aspirin.[10] In 1763, its medicinal properties were observed by the Reverend Edward Stone in England. He notified the Royal Society, who published his findings. The active extract of the bark, called salicin, was isolated to its crystalline form in 1828 by Henri Leroux, a French pharmacist, and Raffaele Piria, an Italian chemist, who then succeeded in separating out the compound in its pure state. In 1897, Felix Hoffmann created a synthetically altered version of salicin (in his case derived from the Spiraea plant), which caused less digestive upset than pure salicylic acid. The new drug, formally acetylsalicylic acid, was named Aspirin by Hoffmann's employer Bayer AG. This gave rise to the hugely important class of drugs known as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
    Funny thing about salicylic acid...it is also the active ingredient in zit cream as well as super glue...

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    2 Tylenol + 3 Alive taken together will give you the affect of Codeine.
    I got that tibit of info from a newletter I got at Cabela's from Live Free USA (The American Survivor > www.americansurvivor.org).

Also in that same newsletter was how to make Dakin's Solution to help keep wounds free of germs.

Found this 1 pager online for that.
    http://www.virginia.edu/uvaprint/HSC/pdf/09024.pdf

-Jedi

^^^^ This ^^^^

Tylenol and Ibuprofen together are about as effective as a 5.0 Lortab. The maximum daily safe amounts are much higher than labels on Ibuprofen say. My knee Doc says max 2400mg a day

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    2 Tylenol + 3 Alive taken together will give you the affect of Codeine.
    I got that tibit of info from a newletter I got at Cabela's from Live Free USA (The American Survivor > www.americansurvivor.org).

Also in that same newsletter was how to make Dakin's Solution to help keep wounds free of germs.

Found this 1 pager online for that.
    http://www.virginia.edu/uvaprint/HSC/pdf/09024.pdf

-Jedi

Interesting. But what are the problems that might arise from that much pills or is it an individual reaction issue?

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If you have bad pain during SHTF you will probably build up a tolerance to whatever you are taking quick. So alternate Tylenol, Aspirin, etc.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI

Zyrem is used to prevent attacks of cataplexy (episodes of muscle weakness that begin suddenly and last for a short time) in patients who have narcolepsy (a sleep disorder that may cause extreme sleepiness, sudden uncontrollable urge to sleep during daily activities and cataplexy).

If you guys want PROPER medical info... get yourself a PDR.
    You sound like a Dumba** who has never taken it. Yeah I know all about it.

It is also used for applications besides the treatment of narcolepsy but then again you only know what you read.

I am sure I could also school your Ignorant A88 on narcolpesy and cataplexy too, if you want to go there, let me know but pack a lunch first. Your personal ignorance on the issue does not change the FACT Xyrem/GHB WILL help you sleep through pain. Getting it is by no means easy, but it is an option.

Ignorance will however get you kiled in SHTF, so will taking advice from unknown self proclaimed experts on the internet who read books and then give advice on things they themselves have never done, touched or tested while calling names to make themselves look bigger than they actually are in real life.

That is the real danger of asking for advice in any survival forum open to the public and taking it without testing it yourself. For he record I personally NEVER give advice on something I myself have not done or have no first hand knowledge about. In the old days the joke was "I read it in a book" now it is "I read somewhere on the Internet."

While I may share some first hand knowledge in here, you will also note I never ask for any in here. I will share to help those who are trying but I will rarely take any advice from an open Survival forum. It just falls under research.

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    It is perscription only as I take it as well as my girlfriend.
    The stuf is a life saver for me, I use it only on occassion so that it works well for me combined with the Aleve. People who have a high tolerance for pain killers seem to need a lot of it.

A 24 or 48 hour Fentanyl patch is another thing that is handy to have but that is better for people who already use them or again, have a high tolerance for lesser meds.

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    You know, even though I consider you to be a total dipsh**, I thought I might help you out because I am pretty sure your narrow mind will prevent you from finding anything related to the topic outside of what fits into your little box called reality so here you go, at least you can read about one example of it.

Sleeping Pill May Treat Fibromyalgia Pain - Chronic Pain: Health and Medical Information Concerning Chronic Pain Management on MedicineNet.com

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    FWIW, Meijer has Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen on sale right now. Also, if you sign up for MPerks, you get an eCoupon good for $1 off. I was never big on the coupon crap, but they have some good ones in there. 500 tab bottle of Acetaminophen for $5.24 or so.

Top Bottom