• ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'll play.

Going with Ruffnek's original post, I'd roll like this.

First, I would not roll with one vehicle. Ever. I'd run a caravan or SUVs and crewcabs with CREW. Each vehicle usually has 3 men in each: Driver, car leader/navigator and rear gunner. Medevac vehicle is typically a big SUV or big truck, with driver, comdr, medic and trunk monkey, but we have to have room for the guy with the owie, so once that happens, the gunner crossloads to another vehicle.

That said, loadout can be variable, and is almost totally mission dependent.

LowPro will call for pistols and spare mags, soft armor, pistol caliber carbines and M4 shorties or Krinks. Smoke and CS standard. Each rig has a medic bag and a bailout bag with more ammo in magzines, smoke, CS, water and comms. One set of NODs, even on daytime runs, goes in each rig.

Up that one level and we run plate carriers, rifles (ARs or AKs, it does not matter with as many red dots as possible-crucial for shooting from moving vehicles), Medic and bailout bags as SOP, along with NODs.

Rollin Heavy: Plate carriers, helmets w/coms plugged in, beltfeds up top, rifles inside, QRF on standby. Lots of bullets. NODs for all drivers, cmders and team leaders. Some gunners have see in the dark goodness.

No, I'm not making this up. I am blessed with a squared away team with tremendous resources. There is not SHTF that we can't handle. We've been at this for almost 15 years as a team. 25-30 years as individuals. We aren't messing around.

In the end, loadouts don't mean beans. Training, training and more training, together as a team is what gets you out of hot water and lets you exploit gaps during SHTF events. Work hard on that and the gunz will follow.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Load out on last long trip... (around 8 hours to Atlanta) of course, I didn't find out about this HUGE marathon race that was ending at the Park we wanted to visit. Which was only a couple of miles from our hotel. Got to see one of the big armored MRAPs the local police are getting. I had enough stuff for a couple days, incase of a lock down, or mass casualty incident.

Main Bag (not a complete list)
    1. 1 - Medium size assualt /3-day pack
    2. 6 - MRE's
    3. 3 - Lifestraws
    4. 1 - Flashlight
    5. 1 - Ruger LCR w/ holster, & reloads
    6. 2 - 2 Person survival blankets
    7. 1 - Loud whistle
    8. 1 - Mace can
    9. 1 - 2 liter hydration bag
    10. 3 - 2000 calorie bars
    11. 1 - Gerber multi-tool
    12. 1 - KBAR w/ sheath
    13. 1 - Firestarting Kit - flint, steel, mag block, tinder, lighter, matches
    14. 1 - Compass

First Aid Bag (not a complete list)
    1. Basic first aid supplies
    2. Cold packs (needed a bunch during Babe Ruth baseball w/ son)
    3. Splints
    4. Elastic Wrap
    5. Curlex
    6. Tons of gauze
    7. Israeli Bandages
    8. Chest wound seal
    9. Quick-clot
    10. CPR mask
    11. Other EMT type things

Top Bottom