• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

So here's the loadout.Due to the remote location of our home,we'd more than likely hunker down and protect everything we have.The biggest part of my family lives either on the same property or within driving distance.If we had to move out to get a family member or resupply,we'd go in the most maneuverable vehicle.This setup provides a sidearm to the driver,a shotgun to the navigator,and a rifle at each rear door.When I get another AR built,it will probably be left to defend the homestead or taken as a rear door gun and the .45 carbine given to the driver in case of vehicular malfunctions.

Last edited:

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    All depends on what kind of S & what size F?

You certain you want to plan on carrying all that plus ammo, water, food, spare socks, first aid, blanket, water treatment, etc? Not an expert or even a pseudo-guru, but that looks like a heck of a lot to carry (car/truck OK, but carry ???)

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Looks to me like SHTF already on the floor of that room lol.

I was about to :rofl:, but then I noticed the dirty socks and underwear and figured I would end up like :puke:

Don't laugh guys , you gotta live hard to be hard , you gotta live dirty to be dirty .

That man is just performing a dry run , well , dry now anyway .

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    This is what happens when all of your family's possessions are crammed into one room.As with most INGO threads,this one has been steered way off course.May we please get some pics of your SHTF loadout and stop focusing on my laundry day loadout.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    My SHTF buddy is
    emoticon-games-023.gif
    If he can't do it, then we're all screwed!

Seriously though, I'm not to keen on posting my weaponry. Just know that I'm pretty well covered.:ar15:

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    I'll try to be helpful and maintain the thread topic.

Although the OP titled the thread "loadout", the photo was about weapons only.

As for loadout, I was thinking the OP was considering the gear he would wear in the event of the high probability of a serious hostile encounter. Many people have load bearing tactical MOLLE vests, some with soft and/or hard armor, and a certain amount of stuff the hang on the vest. Typically might include 4-12 AR15 magazines, a couple of pistol magazines, maybe a flashlight and multi-tool. Perhaps a pistol belt would also be worn, with some more stuff hanging on it. The problem I have is this sort of stuff looks a lot like what the military wears. This isn't a problem when you are prepared to fight and everyone knows it, but in many conceivable SHTF scenarios, it is way too high profile. It could easily make you a prime target. Having lots of concealed firepower and your important stuff not visible is probably the better way to go. It leaves options...

So for now and in most stages of SHTF, my loadout is my EDC, and is non-threatening but highly capable. I hope to appear as the "gray man"...not a threat, but not an easy victim either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is what happens when all of your family's possessions are crammed into one room.As with most INGO threads,this one has been steered way off course.May we please get some pics of your SHTF loadout and stop focusing on my laundry day loadout.

WEll really OP....did you think the local crew would not spot your underthings...really. Crop out your pics and we can stay on point. Been a long cold winter my friend and humor is where you find it. Put it out there on the web and it will be found...>>:)

Top Bottom