Show THIS to Anyone Who Thinks We Don't Need to Carry...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    This is a link to my live audio online feed of Marion County's Public Safety (MECA 1) trunked radio system. It normally monitors all Police agencies, and sometimes Fire and EMS, too. It's a complex and notoriously difficult system to scan well, requiring a digital scanner and accurate programming. If you use certain players, including iTunes, you can see the alpha-tags identifying the agencies that are transmitting:

Marion County Public Safety (MECA 1) Live Scanner Audio Feed

I've quickly learned listening to this extensively as the weeks go by that there's LOTS of illegal guns on the street, carried by lawless individuals. Although the Police can't be all places at all times, their guts and professionalism wading out into this urban war zone every day always amazes me. You'll hear tons of permit checks, calibers, and serial numbers over the air--interesting stuff!

Last edited:

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Yay! It's back online!

Yes, I did maintain the previous Marion Co. feed until the owner of the equipment I had borrowed needed it back. I got my own radio (Uniden BCD996XT, one HELL of a scanner) and, since I missed the feed as much as anyone else did, promptly put it back online. Why carry a scanner when I can listen from my cell phone? ;)

Last edited:

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The "Live Audio" section of RadioReference.com is great... You can find a feed for nearly any major municipality.

Last edited:

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Not on a Specific Frequency...

Thank you..glad its back! What is the actual scanner frequency?

It's a "trunked" radio system... It runs off control channels and all agencies share a pool of frequencies. A transmission and a reply to it may not necessarily be on the same frequency. Monitoring it requires a "digital trunking" scanner, programmed for each trunked system. There's a bunch of info in the Wiki at RadioReference.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Anybody hear yesterday afternoon where the assault victm had her attacker at gunpoint waiting for the cops to show up?

Cops are moving in on someone right now (I don't know why...). It's pretty cool stuff.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    man, this is like crack!

Indeed.

Tyrone2.jpg

Top Bottom