Yeah, I tried to seat a bullet without the bullet. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    I pulled into my driveway after work to be greeted by the UPS driver handing me my new ( and first) press :rockwoot:

I am ready for Andrews class this Saturday so I can start reloading :D

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    I pulled into my driveway after work to be greeted by the UPS driver handing me my new ( and first) press :rockwoot:

I am ready for Andrews class this Saturday so I can start reloading :D

Excellent, you are now entering a new phase of the hobby that I myself have found very rewarding for more than 40 years.:rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Love the vid!

I've been thinking about starting reloading, as of now i wouldnt even know where to begin. Nothing a little research couldnt help though. Gotta say, you are one hellofa motivational speeker Que

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Love the vid!

I've been thinking about starting reloading, as of now i wouldnt even know where to begin. Nothing a little research couldnt help though. Gotta say, you are one hellofa motivational speeker Que

I'm not sure where you are located, but Andrew (Profire Arms), hosts basic classes. I provided a link up-thread under "professionals." I attended his class, twice, and learned a great deal. It was especially helpful with getting comfortable and learning how to avoid the hazards that can be encountered when reloading.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I'm not sure where you are located, but Andrew (Profire Arms), hosts basic classes. I provided a link up-thread under "professionals." I attended his class, twice, and learned a great deal. It was especially helpful with getting comfortable and learning how to avoid the hazards that can be encountered when reloading.

I live in an apartment in Virginia (dont think the apartment part would hinder reloading?). I actually live close enough to go to the NRA range, which i will be doing this weekend. Never thought of it, but ill keep my eyes open for a flier on someone hosting a reloading class in these parts. Reloading would benefit my friends and i so much, i cant believe none of us have started already. :ingo:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I started to reload a couple of years ago on a single stage press. That's a great way to get into the hobby. Single stage forces you to focus on each step. This spring, I popped for a Dillon 550 and have been cranking out ammo almost as fast as I can shoot it.

I did have a wake-up call on how much I save when reloading last weekend when we decided to head to the range. I opened the ammo locker and found 5 rounds of 9mm target ammo. I have been focused on doing bulk 45 lately and let the 9mm supply run down. That little mistake cost me $60 in commercial ammo.

BTW, excellent video Que. Thanks for putting that together.

jeepville

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    New Castle
    Loved the video! Got into about a year ago and find it very relaxing and great way to save money. I have an old Lee press that I got handed down to me which is what got me into reloading.
    Now the hardest problem is finding time to do it. I have little ones and not a lot of space so I have to pack up when I am done so just an hour isnt normally worth it to me.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    I think I'm hooked I couldn't wait to come home and use my new press:rockwoot:

I have started the decap And size process. After this weekend I should have the know how to follow through to the finished process :D

Top Bottom