• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I've been offered a PSL 54c for my DSA STG58. What do you guys think? I do plan to replace my FAL if I trade, so would I just be better off buying a PSL and keeping my FAL? Or would a new PSL cost me more than a FAL? In which case I'm better off trading.

The PSL has 4 mags and 200 rounds

psl.jpg

This is my FAL.

100_1719-1.jpg

It's in great shape and I think I have 2-3mags that will go with it.

Last edited:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    if im not mistaken a dsa fal starts about 1200 bucks a psl was going for $700-800ish(with scope) so there is little bit of a price difference.... and mags are pricey for the psl right now if you can find them they where about $35 last time iv priced them and ive seen the same quality mags i was buying for $35 go for $75 each recently (ebay) psl are drying up and the price is going up quite a bit they where roughly $500 with scope 2 years ago now there averaging 700-900 bucks..... i well say its a great rifle i enjoy mine (i built mine) and i got a another parts kits laying around i plan on ether building a short 16 version or a heavy bull barrel model not sure yet

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    if im not mistaken a dsa fal starts about 1200 bucks a psl was going for $700-800ish(with scope) so there is little bit of a price difference.... and mags are pricey for the psl right now if you can find them they where about $35 last time iv priced them and ive seen the same quality mags i was buying for $35 go for $75 each recently (ebay) psl are drying up and the price is going up quite a bit they where roughly $500 with scope 2 years ago now there averaging 700-900 bucks..... i well say its a great rifle i enjoy mine (i built mine) and i got a another parts kits laying around i plan on ether building a short 16 version or a heavy bull barrel model not sure yet

I wished I would have brought a PSL 2 years ago. I couldn't say without digging it out, but my FAL isn't a base model. I believe it's the SA58 model and not the STG 58. I think the SA starts at 1700.

I'm think I'm better off just buying a PSL.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I wished I would have brought a PSL 2 years ago. I couldn't say without digging it out, but my FAL isn't a base model. I believe it's the SA58 model and not the STG 58. I think the SA starts at 1700.

I'm think I'm better off just buying a PSL.
    im gonna agree with you there id hate to see you get ripped off..... but psl's are fun rifles and cheaper to shoot ... but it gets worse 2 years ago you could buy a psl with both the psop and the nightvision scope for 900-1000 bucks i missed this one too :(

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I was flirting with the idea of building a PSL for a while, and I'm kinda glad I was able to talk myself out of it. Not like it's bad or something, but it's not really that special, plus a new caliber for me. I'd definitely keep an FAL before swapping out.

Horse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I own both, I'd keep the FAL.

I LOVE my psl, and she shoots MOA with Hungarian LB, but things like the VEPR in 54R will make the PSL a collector item real fast.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I think I am going to keep the FAL. I may see if he'll sell the PSL straight out right.

I did some research on my FAL and I think now it is a STG58. The receiver says SA58, but I don't think that really means anything. Anyway that's a whole another topic.

Thanks everyone for the input.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    As much as i want a PSL, I dont know as I would trade and an FAL to get it (providing I had one). I would just save up and get a PSL if your wanting one.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    i would have traded my century fal for one but that whole different problem child than a dsa fal..... nothing but problems out of that rifle i was 18 guys young and dumb

walkercolt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    The DSA FN FAL has a good resale to the right buyer, such as me. Unless you can get good market value keep the FAL and buy the PSL and figure it out later. Not an even up trade IMHO.

Just don't get to far ahead of yourself and give it away, I know it goes with out saying.

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Keep the FAL, convert the saiga 12, and buy a PSL kit from APEX and have someone build it for you.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have an STG-58 and would never trade it for a PSL. I would keep it and buy the PSL to play with, but when it comes down to it, the STG-58 is more accurate at longer ranges, and ammo will be around until ... forever.

Just my 2 cents.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    NO! You will hate yourself later, the PSL isn't worth $400

PSLs are rising in price dramatically. The Century models are no longer imported as of right now, just the parts kits are available. I sold my PSL on GB for $1675, but it had some extra mods done to it. I bought myself another M1A with the proceeds. Keep the FAL. The PSL was fun to shoot, but it is not designed to be a sniper rifle like so many people think. It is more of a DMR-type rifle designed to be a Minute-of-Man rifle.

Top Bottom