• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I was looking at pmags and other magazines on ebay and my lord people are crazy now. Im talking $50 plus a magazine. I might throw some magazines on there and might put up the 20" ar on gunbroker. Wow!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If you are willing to gamble that you will not be caught needing these things and unable to replace them, I would say to go for it. Otherwise, put them away and get it out of your mind. The ultimate coup would be to sell them now at inflated prices and see the talk of a new gun ban die on the vine, prices come down, and replace them again at approximately what you paid for them in the first place. It is all a matter of your personal priorities and willingness to take a risk.

Just for the record, Dave isn't selling jack s**t!

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    J2s76.jpg

I don't plan on selling anything. It's all a gamble, but if it does pass then wouldn't it be worth more than before the ban?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw this coming and got my supply's up to spec. Folks are doubling prices in the search for profits from the sheeple willing to be fleeced. I have more than enough and just like Dave...we ain't selling Jack $#&T for any reason.

Yukon622

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    brownsburg
    I would not sell anything. But if you believe the ban won't go through and you are in need of some moneybmaybe not a bad idea. I wouldn't sell anything firearm unless you have multiples.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I figure whatever hordes I need to hold off, if I can't do it with 5 magazines of what ever gun I have, I will be shot dead by one of them. Any more is overkill.

That doesn't mean I have only 5 mags ....

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Honestly, I've been thinking about it and I think I decided to sell off a couple of things.

My collection had already gotten a bit ridiculous and I've made it a point that if something sits in my safe without being shot for too long, I would sell it. I've sold off some of my old bolt guns (and generally replaced them with my new interest, military single shot rifles from the late 19th century).

But I've got quite a few semi's that seem to be inflating in price right now and several that I never take to the range, mainly because I have another rifle in that same style/caliber that I prefer. So, this might be a good time to sell a few off and enhance my collection in other areas (the non-crazy priced areas).

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I'm thinking about selling my Colt AR and mags as well.
    I bought it 15 years ago or so because I thought I needed it and because the Gov told me I shouldn't have one. I rarely use it, it just sits in the safe and own it just to say I have one. Honestly, I don't think I'd miss it. For what is really worth, it's fine in the safe, but at inflated prices it could be sold. If someone gave me $2500 (or more on Gunbroker) I'd let it go. They money would get me a UTAS 15, a 20ga 870 and an SR22. :)

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    I was looking at pmags and other magazines on ebay and my lord people are crazy now. Im talking $50 plus a magazine. I might throw some magazines on there and might put up the 20" ar on gunbroker. Wow!

Why ask us whether you should or shouldn't? Only you know whether you want or need them and what they are worth to you.:dunno:

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Be smart, keep your overstock, supplies and extras. It's better to have
    them and not need them rather than needing them and not having them!

:ingo::patriot:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have decided to sell out every last damn assault rifle I got.

Comon, guns are fun and all, but not 10 grand worth of fun.

People act like its AR15s, vs no guns at all.

There are PLENTY of nice guns, that arent AR15s that I would love to own.

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    I would sell my ar if I could make big profit and wouldn't think twice about it. As dom1104 said there are plenty of other guns out there.

Top Bottom