• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Join the NRA. Strength comes in numbers...

Yeah, the cost of a membership goes right back out the door in mailings/magazines. The reason I joined was so when the NRA stood in front of legislaters they could say we have a gazillion members that you don't want to F with. Don't always agree with them but they do have a good deal of influence.

It's the extra donations and the big donors that foot the bill.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Well... if everyone else is doing it I guess I should to, right?

GvTi7IG.png

So looks like I'll be a card carrying member in 2-4 weeks. My old liberal Bloomington room mates I lived with a few years ago would shed a tear in their hummus if they knew.

now waiting for forum rep from all NRA members

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Thanks for joining the NRA and taking another step to support gun rights. The NRA donated more than half of the funding for the Colorado recalls last night. Welcome to the group and helping to carry the weight.

If you have any problems with their mailings at all, they are responsive to your request. All I get from them is the Rifleman e-magazine, but I'll be jumping out there to contribute some more because of the Colorado victories.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Anyone who owns a gun, or just supports the right to own a gun, should join, not just the NRA, but GOA, 2A Foundation, JPFO, etc. & any state & local pro 2A organizations, to the best of their financial ability. And, they should also write letters & emails, visit & call their elected officials to encourage them to support our rights, chastise them when they don't & thank them when they do. We also all need to be good ambassadors for the cause, too.

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Thank you for joining. I think, if nothing else, the more members the better when it comes to fighting the anti's. Our esteemed officials like to see how many votes they would loose or gain if they go a certain way. So I want our numbers to be as large as we can get them.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    AWESOME! I think every gun owner should be a member of the NRA... In fact, they were the ONLY MAJOR funding source behind the senators in Colorado being recalled. Welcome to the ranks. As soon as they start sending you the requests for money call them and be taken off the mailer list.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Yes, you should join the NRA. You don't have to agree with everything they say or do and you don't have to like Wayne LaPierre. But without the NRA what will be standing up for the 2A against people like Barak Obama, Joe Biden, Diane Feinstein, Chucky Schumer, Michael Bloombery, etc... These people along with their allies in the liberal-controlled media lie, cheat, steal, and mislead in order to further their vision of a gun-free Utopia where "peace and prosperity" are directed by an all-powerful "progressive" government.

If that idea appeals to you, then join the Brady Foundation or start attending the MAIG rallys (you'll be about the only anti-gun person there).

While you're at it, there are some other organizations that you should consider supporting financially:

1) INGO - Yes, you can participate free, but you can and should support this site.
    2) GOA - More focused in my opinion than the NRA but for now, much smaller.
    3) SAF - I don't agree 100% with their positions on everything but I support them also.
    4) CALGUNS - Not in Indiana but our fellow 2A supporters in CA need all the help they can get in that insane place!

For the price of ONE box of ammo you can support any one of these. Think about what the leftists WANT to do about your ability to purchase ammo!

Ok, we just saw something amazing in Colorado yesterday. The NRA, reportedly outspent 2:1 by Michael Bloomberg and some other wealthy anti-gunners helped to send two of the state senators who rammed that state's very restrictive (and unconstitutional) anti-gun legislation packing. Some might say it was the voters, and of course it was since the NRA doesn't vote. But rallying 2A supporters to vote is what made the difference.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The NRA knows how the political game is played and that knowledge is priceless. Combine that with the fact that they are recognized as a force to be reckoned with in DC and you can't find a better organization to join.

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I was going back and forth joining the NRA (not being a hunter), but the Colorado recall convinced me that their 2A support was worth the membership. So I too am now an NRA member.....maybe I should "start" thinking about buying a gun now...lol

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Could it be better spent on a pro-2A charity or should I become a card carrying NRA member? :):
    Not a fan of many of the ideas they have and the actions that they take, but when it comes down to it, on paper, out in front, they are the biggest advocates of our 2A rights. They have the attorneys, the structure, and the political pull to assure that "we the people" can have our firearms. There are other pro 2A groups out there, GOA, CCRKBA, and NAGR who apparently spent more than the NRA in 2012. The NSSF is also another, that probably does just as much as the NRA. Although not as popular, they have a lot of political pull as well. Ultimately, it is up to you. If you value being able to carry a firearm freely, and without being hassled anymore than you might already get, you better join something. But like I said, it's ultimately up to you.

Last edited:

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I've been a member since the mid 70's. The NRA is the Lib's most hated Organization. They were instrumental in the recall election that got rid of 2 Anti's in Colorado yesterday. I feel it's money well spent to protect my 2A rights.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.

Not a fan of many of the ideas they have and the actions that they take, but when it comes down to it, on paper, out in front, they are the biggest advocates of our 2A rights. They have the attorneys, the structure, and the political pull to assure that "we the people" can have our firearms. There are other pro 2A groups out there, GOA, CCRKBA, and NAGR who apparently spent more than the NRA in 2012. The NSSF is also another, that probably does just as much as the NRA. Although not as popular, they have a lot of political pull as well. Ultimately, it is up to you. If you value being able to carry a firearm freely, and without being hassled anymore than you might already get, you better join something. But like I said, it's ultimately up to you.

Never heard of the other groups, but will certainly look into them as well.

However a few hours ago I went ahead and paid for a year membership for the NRA. Will look into the others too.

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    if you have not registered your NRA membership yet...look online to fill out their survey and you get a deal on membership.....
    sorry, don't necessarily mean to be cheap, but with Indiana'a job-scape, every dollar counts......

Top Bottom