• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Would she smell bad though?

Wait. She has that feminist sort of look about her. Might not keep up with daily hygiene. So fair chance.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Three rules, four rules or no matter how many, this dork ignored most if not all the rules!
    Damn, he must’ve thought it wasn’t loaded. Or else he did it on purpose.

I guess always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction isn’t important enough to be rule number one.

The article said the shooting was accidental. How do we know this? Because he sure as
    hell didn’t say “goodbye, cruel world” before pulling the trigger.

Not graphic because you don’t get to see any gore, but certainly leaves no doubt about the outcome.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    He definitely pulled the trigger on purpose. Look at his flinch response in his facial expression just before the shot breaks. If it was a staged suicide, he's a solid actor. My guess is he was making a video to show how "hard" he is and not scared of anything and didn't properly clear the weapon first. Just a guess, though.

Folks like that, how you teach gun safety is irrelevant because they have made the conscious decision to neither learn nor apply them.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    He definitely pulled the trigger on purpose. Look at his flinch response in his facial expression just before the shot breaks. If it was a staged suicide, he was a solid actor. My guess is he was making a video to show how "hard" he is and not scared of anything and didn't properly clear the weapon first. Just a guess, though.

Folks like that, how you teach gun safety is irrelevant because they have made the conscious decision to neither learn nor apply them.
    FIFY.. Just the gene pool purging itself. According to the article he had a promising musical career?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    He definitely pulled the trigger on purpose. Look at his flinch response in his facial expression just before the shot breaks. If it was a staged suicide, he's a solid actor. My guess is he was making a video to show how "hard" he is and not scared of anything and didn't properly clear the weapon first. Just a guess, though.

This video hopefully will make its rounds. Hopefully someone will learn not to do this that otherwise would be as ignorant.
    You don't come back from that kind of stupid often.
    I have heard of people who tried to commit suicide and failed, but were badly injured for the rest of their lives.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This video hopefully will make its rounds. Hopefully someone will learn not to do this that otherwise would be as ignorant.
    You don't come back from that kind of stupid often.
    I have heard of people who tried to commit suicide and failed, but were badly injured for the rest of their lives.
    I think more kids have learned what a firearm can do by hunting than from TikTok. The problem is very few kids go hunting anymore and they all watch TikTok.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I would have done the same, and I have. The guy behind the counter is a d*** for talking to a customer like that over a safety concern. I've been flagged by a person looking at a gun in a store before and said in a nice calm voice to watch where they're pointing it (it sucks you have to remind people of this) they said "omg I'm sorry" with no hard feelings. I've also been flagged at the range and those people didn't get the "nice and calm" voice, especially the guy who responded with "chill it's not loaded dude".
    As a former volunteer EMT (26 years' experience) I've seen a few 'unloaded' guns shoot people, usually during cleaning!
    Basis Firearms Safety Rules should be posted IN THE SALES AREA, not just in the Range, because safety starts with how you handle a firearm:
    1. Makes sure all firearms are unloaded, every time (personally)!
    2. Never point (or allow) the muzzle to point at (or sweep past) anything you don't want to destroy, injure, or kill!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    As a former volunteer EMT (26 years' experience) I've seen a few 'unloaded' guns shoot people, usually during cleaning!
    Basis Firearms Safety Rules should be posted IN THE SALES AREA, not just in the Range, because safety starts with how you handle a firearm:
    1. Makes sure all firearms are unloaded, every time (personally)!
    2. Never point (or allow) the muzzle to point at (or sweep past) anything you don't want to destroy, injure, or kill!
    What about these big gun shows like the 1500. And NRA shows in Dallas. I imagine thousands of people have a barrel pointed at them daily.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    What about these big gun shows like the 1500. And NRA shows in Dallas. I imagine thousands of people have a barrel pointed at them daily.
    I was at the 1500 about 10 years ago when a vendor dropped the mag from his personal Glock 27, pointed it at the floor and pulled the trigger to be able to demonstrate the process of how to break down a Glock pistol.
    Of course, the round he forgot to remove from the chamber (aka, he failed to clear his weapon) went off when he pulled the trigger and the bullet ricocheted up off the concrete floor and struck his gun hand, cutting off his trigger finger. (karma?)
    Fortunately, he did point the muzzle down to the floor and the only injury was too himself, but still...Major Rut-Roh!

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Don't they also "outlaw" carry of guns at those shows? Or am I mistaken? If so, this is probably a big chunk of why, imagine the PR black eye if someone caught a round from a UD during an NRA show.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Don't they also "outlaw" carry of guns at those shows? Or am I mistaken? If so, this is probably a big chunk of why, imagine the PR black eye if someone caught a round from a UD during an NRA show.
    They allowed carry at the NRA convention when I went here in Indy time before last. The 1500 allows it, but it must be shown clear and zip-tied at the entrance.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've watched many gun show videos, and them barrels sweep many people. The ones on display.
    I've seen people point them towards the display and obviously there are hundreds of people on the other side of that display. As well as other directions.
    So many people will have a firearm pointed at them at these shows at some point.
    I'm not talking about people carrying their personal weapons in.
    I'm addressing the point that at gunshops, gun shows etc it makes no difference people will have a firearm pointed at them just from those on display and people handling them.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It’s my understanding the firing pin must be removed on all display weapons and they must be inspected to confirm this before being put on display. If I’m handling one of those guns at the NRA show, I can’t see whether there’s a firing pin or not so I will inspect to make sure the magazine is out and the chamber is clear before not pointing it at anyone.

Rule number one: muzzle
    Rule number two: finger
    Rule number three: keep it unloaded until ready to use

Even if the firing pin is supposed to be removed, I’m going to observe those 3 rules.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It’s my understanding the firing pin must be removed on all display weapons and they must be inspected to confirm this before being put on display. If I’m handling one of those guns at the NRA show, I can’t see whether there’s a firing pin or not so I will inspect to make sure the magazine is out and the chamber is clear before not pointing it at anyone.

Rule number one: muzzle
    Rule number two: finger
    Rule number three: keep it unloaded until ready to use

Even if the firing pin is supposed to be removed, I’m going to observe those 3 rules.
    Was coming here to say the same about NRAAM and still not pointing a firearm at anyone.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm not talking about people carrying their personal weapons in.

I know. I am, though. I get that the firing pins are removed on display models, but just like no live ammo in a sim environment...

Again, I may be wrong, I just recall reading something about NRA convention being carry free somewhere or other.

Top Bottom