• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    As far as locking him up, what could he be locked up for? Maybe disorderly conduct or discharging a weapon withing city limits? While he violated show policy, he didn't break any laws that I'm aware of. I'm not saying that snidely either...just curious if someone was to actually press charges, what could it be?

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    As far as locking him up, what could he be locked up for? Maybe disorderly conduct or discharging a weapon withing city limits? While he violated show policy, he didn't break any laws that I'm aware of. I'm not saying that snidely either...just curious if someone was to actually press charges, what could it be?

Criminal recklessness is a possibility, but that generally requires much more than mere stupidity.

gsdelong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Maybe this qualifies
    • Reckless endangerment: A person commits the crime of reckless endangerment if the person recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person. “Reckless” conduct is conduct that exhibits a culpable disregard of foreseeable consequences to others from the act or omission involved. The accused need not intentionally cause a resulting harm or know that his conduct is substantially certain to cause that result. The ultimate question is whether, under all the circumstances, the accused’s conduct was of that heedless nature that made it actually or imminently dangerous to the rights or safety of others.
    I noticed the guy was wearing a NYPD t-shirt wondered if he was LEO

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    the silence was almost creepy, I knew exactly what it was but was with a buddy that was a first timer, he didnt know. On the way out I saw his hand bandaged up talking to the medics and I thought to myself "I hope he's the one that pulled the trigger"

I started to make a move for cover...but then realized if I was going to get hit, I would already be hit...I kinda felt like a Tac-ta-dork

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I was at the 1500 when the shot went off this afternoon...I knew exactly what it was at the time. I was there with my wife and 2 friends and my first concern was whether or not it was an accidental discharge or there were going to be retaliatory shots (ie, shoot-out?) At the sound of the 'pop' initially, everyone ducked and sort of moved away from the scene, but after a few seconds, when those close by realized that it was an accidental discharge, they started moving in the direction of the injured vendor. In those 10 seconds I noticed 2 things very quickly...1) nearly every LEO officer in the place just stood there (the one closest to me asked, 'Was that a shot?') and 2) everyone else picked up their cell phones and started texting someone!

I also noticed that no one near the injured vendor started hollaring or screaming for anything serious...so I did not head over in that direction.

We left shortly afterwards!

Crazy...what a brain-fart!!!

Forrest's mom was right!

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I was there near the front entrance at that time. I was about 3 tables in and there was a weird echo off the front wall that made everyone look towards that side. I thought somebody had dropped something, but didn't see anyone picking anything up. As I was already moving towards the front door to leave, I didn't ever find out what it was until now. I'm glad I was so far from the shot. Creepy.

I was just thinking about that Bloomington IL incident on the drive up too. Vendors can be every bit as bad as the people there to shop. A vendor asked to see my H&R 999 and promptly pointed it right at my head as he examined it for about 10 seconds. Bad safety and bad manners.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've always heard it's the one you DON'T hear that's the problem. . . . :)

I have the least experience listening to gunshots here.... And I assumed it was a gunshot. Hard to believe people thought it was a table. We were in center of building. I assumed it hit the floor, no screams, not much commotion.

When you have 15,000 guns and 1 mil rounds of ammo, the hoofprints aren't from zebras

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    I started to make a move for cover...but then realized if I was going to get hit, I would already be hit...I kinda felt like a Tac-ta-dork

I did the same thing, except that I used someone else as cover. LOL. I was only 2-3 rows away when it went off, and I'll be honest and say that it scared the crap out of me. I definitely wasn't expecting that to happen. BTW, that guy looked pretty pissed off while he was packing up. I guess that I would be too if I just shot myself and got banned from the big show in the same day.

:draw:It's empty...I swear....BANG...well it is now.:cool:

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    We were there and I'll admit that I thought it was a table, pallet, etc being dropped. It did get eerily quiet immediately, then went back to normal immediately. I think it was that quick return to normalcy that led me to assume it wasn't a shot. We soon learned the truth.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    We know that the vendor was kicked out & banned... Good call.

But wasn't it stated that the guy was a sub-lessor? Shouldn't the original lessor bear any responsibility? (isn't that how apartment leases / sub-leases work?)

-J-

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I was in the middle talking to a friend and his first response was "someone did it now" people around us did not react much and it was business as usual.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    you know I read this whole thread, and I'm thinking the whole time, what an epic fail on the part of the organizers of the 1500 in enforcing their own rules!

out of curiosity and boredom last night I read the show rules; Here are the ones that were not being enforced:

7. No subletting of tables without prior approval of W.C.G.S., Inc. (not sure if he had permission, so maybe not a violation)
    9. There will be no ammunition (live, spent, blank, decorator, or anything that could be construed as ammunition) placed in any clip, magazine, cylinder, chamber, or barrel.
    11. Personal guns must be unloaded outside of the building and tied prior to entering.
    12. Exhibitors will NOT be allowed to wear guns.

:ranton:
    I for one, am so sick of rules and policies, that are not followed, and/or enforced!!! Then the idiots in charge will think that there need to be more laws to protect the sheeple!!! grrr.:xmad:

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Just saw WISH-TV 10:00pm report where they said basically that no information was available on the condition of the "victim" and that shot had been fired at the 1500. They made it sound like a purposeful shooting. I just sent them this via their web:

"I just watched your 10:00pm news story about the negligent discharge at the Indy 1500 gun show. According to the story, no information about the "victim" or condition were available.

How is this possible? I was at the show and it was announced over the loud speaker, at around 6:00pm. It was a vendor that shot himself in the hand with his own personal weapon. He refused medical treatment and was evicted from the show. Did anyone from WISH even try to find out this information? It was fairly common knowledge very quickly after the incident.

The way the story was reported made it sound possible that one person fired at and struck another when that is far from the truth.

I would have rather seen you not even report the story at all then what was aired. With very minimal effort it could have been accurately reported. Your coverage was, at best, very poor and should have not been aired at all.

XXXXX
    Fishers, IN
    "

I can't believe that is all they said. Other information was readily and rapidly available. They should have not even covered the story. Needlessly scaring others.

Top Bottom