• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Heres the quote from the admin in the first post in the thread shown below (you've got to be registered to see it).

So I have gotten several IM/emails about this, the 68forums.com has around 20-25 people (im getting more badges next week) attending the SHOT SHOW, and the question has come up, how about a meet and greet?

Home of the 6.8 SPC • Login

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    I'm gonna drool over all the pictures people post, does that count? Anybody wanna bring me back a Bushmaster ACR?
    Heh, there was only 1 at the show and it was tied to the rack in the Magpul booth and didn't come off it. Seems to be a sore subject with some people.

Anybody else see the same thing happening?
    I noticed several people stopping by our booth with arfcom badges. Only noticed it because most of them also had Arfcom shirts and bolt face patches on their credential holder as well. All the ones I had the chance to talk to were nice enough though.

I'm amused that the line to meet R Lee Ermey was longer than the line to meet Jessie Abbate. :D
    Their loss, our gain. :D

I will say that Dave, Randi, and Jessie are all three very nice people and I'd love to get a chance to meet them in their element instead of at a trade show. But name another industry/sport where the greats interact regularly with us commoners.

The Knight's open house was sweet, but that's all that I'm allowed to say.. :whistle:
    I heard one of the tour guides was a real jerk.:):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    People officially representing online forums should be accepted as much as anyone else at the show. They are as much a part of the industry as anyone else, whether you consider them press or not.

People who are just members of such forums getting credentials to attend is silly. It would be like a gunshop owner getting passes for all of his customers who wanted them, or the staff of Guns & Ammo getting passes for any of their readers who asked for them.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Agreed. Sites like AR15.com and others have a massive influence on the industry. IMHO

People officially representing online forums should be accepted as much as anyone else at the show. They are as much a part of the industry as anyone else, whether you consider them press or not.

People who are just members of such forums getting credentials to attend is silly. It would be like a gunshop owner getting passes for all of his customers who wanted them, or the staff of Guns & Ammo getting passes for any of their readers who asked for them.

Top Bottom