• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Well we landed safely even though the wife was thoroughly convinced we wouldn't
    Seen the Blackhawk bus today and we are looking forward to tomorrow.
    I will be wearing My INGO hat as well.
    Goes real well with my new TSG T's
    Will update here when I can.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Well we landed safely even though the wife was thoroughly convinced we wouldn't
    Seen the Blackhawk bus today and we are looking forward to tomorrow.
    I will be wearing My INGO hat as well.
    Goes real well with my new TSG T's
    Will update here when I can.

Colder than a witches broom ;) here in Indiana. Have fun and enjoy the warmth of Florida

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Its a bit funny but the folks here are all running around in sweaters and coats due to a cold snap!??'
    It was 65 All the stores had the heat kicked up.

Last edited:

ace1627

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    Missed out on todays festivities. Sure everything will be just as nice tomarrow. I will arive to the show in the morning.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    I just got home.

There is going to be an upheaval from the exhibitors concerning the amount of "forum" people in attendance.

I spent a lot of time with the magazine manufacturers and commercial ammunition loaders getting some projects off the ground.

Three times, different ones of the "*.****forums.com" attendees interrupted discussions to tell them how many members they have(and what influence they have on those members), blackmail for free stuff for evaluation if they wanted positive "press", and/or to tell them how much they either didn't like their product, or that they were "missing the boat" in not offering products for their little variation.

I've never seen anything like it.

To the exhibitors credit, every one of them handled it pretty well. They all asked for a business card and a resale license, which made the "kids" backpedal pretty quick after they told them they wouldn't be selling to them and/or gave them a minimum order quantity in the hundreds or thousands.

But after they scurried away, all three exhibitors said they were going to complain as it apparently started early Thursday morning and hasn't let up.

Anybody else see the same thing happening?

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Back from SHOT Show

Hurt my back lugging around all the literature and only could bring back a fraction of what I would have liked. For starters I suggest people look at the Magnum Reserach Micro Desert Eagle Pistol in .380 auto. It is heads above the Ruger although it is in the $500 range. Like all the others it has a long waiting list.

Every cop in the US needs to attend one of these shows, you can't believe all the LE stuff. Like a candy store for big kids. Next year it is back in LV so start planning. :D

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Bring the big bag for your literature you collect

I'm packing light, but I didn't consider the weight. I'm only checking one bag on the way down and no carry-on. I'm planning on bringing a small empty bag inside my other on the way down. I can carry that on the way back... provided it contains items that are carry-on allowed. I'm leaving Thursday evening, the weather is looking great for the flight out.:rolleyes:

I also packed a second carry on bag for my liturature and that weighed more than my clothes suitcase. I made a trip to the car half way into the first day as my bag was too heavy to carry any more and went back and collected as much in the afternoon. My next day was just walking around taking second looks and seeing if I missed any of the small booths. If you are just looking at guns you can do it in a day and a half and skip the camping, and LE stuff which is half the show. Planning on Vegas next year.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I spoke with notasccrmom on the phone yesterday. He'd just been lurking near the Glock booth and got some autographs from the lovely and talented Jessie Abbate. He was getting ready to attend the Knight's Armament reception in the evening.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I just got home.

There is going to be an upheaval from the exhibitors concerning the amount of "forum" people in attendance.

I spent a lot of time with the magazine manufacturers and commercial ammunition loaders getting some projects off the ground.

Three times, different ones of the "*.****forums.com" attendees interrupted discussions to tell them how many members they have(and what influence they have on those members), blackmail for free stuff for evaluation if they wanted positive "press", and/or to tell them how much they either didn't like their product, or that they were "missing the boat" in not offering products for their little variation.

I've never seen anything like it.

To the exhibitors credit, every one of them handled it pretty well. They all asked for a business card and a resale license, which made the "kids" backpedal pretty quick after they told them they wouldn't be selling to them and/or gave them a minimum order quantity in the hundreds or thousands.

But after they scurried away, all three exhibitors said they were going to complain as it apparently started early Thursday morning and hasn't let up.

Anybody else see the same thing happening?

It only takes a few to ruin it for all. You probably will see the credential process tightened and maybe it needs to be.

ace1627

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    Yes it needs to be stricter. Seeing a lot of yahoos walking around. Still at the show. 3 days was not enough going to the last day. I don't like how they provide dealer prices to anyone. Many of the people at the shows are not retailers.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    I spoke with notasccrmom on the phone yesterday. He'd just been lurking near the Glock booth and got some autographs from the lovely and talented Jessie Abbate. He was getting ready to attend the Knight's Armament reception in the evening.
    I just got home earlier this evening. What an awesome trip. The show was great, met a lot of "famous" people. Talked to Dave, Jessie, and Randi at the Glock booth. The line to meet the Gunny was too long, but walked right past and he seemed like a really cool guy. Todd Jarrett was floating around and doing demonstrations at the Para booth. Of course there was a bunch of other top shooters (Taran, Leatham, etc.) all around. Also spoke with Bob Novak a bit at the Techwell/Techwear booth, nice guy. The Knight's open house was sweet, but that's all that I'm allowed to say.. :whistle:

I didn't see or overhear anything happening like fireball said, but I find that pretty interesting. Talk about d-bags... geesh. I know there seemed to be some issues with people having cameras that they weren't supposed to have. There seemed to be a lot of cell phone cameras in use.

As far as the dealer price concern, it just depends on the company. Some companies just leave their price lists out for the taking, others guard them a lot more carefully and only give out prices to dealers with their FFL on file, or after receiving a copy. Most just quote MSRP.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Very interesting. Thanks for posting your experience at the show. While I don't think it is very cool for gun board admins to go around "blackmailing" vendors or just trying to get free stuff.... I do believe the gun boards are a huge force in the industry and should be taken very seriously by exhibitors. (the good forums)

I just got home.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I agree 100% on how Forums impact this industry

Very interesting. Thanks for posting your experience at the show. While I don't think it is very cool for gun board admins to go around "blackmailing" vendors or just trying to get free stuff.... I do believe the gun boards are a huge force in the industry and should be taken very seriously by exhibitors. (the good forums)

I agree 100% with Fenway concerning the impact our types of Forums have on the gun industry; good and bad. I can close my eyes and imagine a few INGunOwners.com members who’s “look at me, I do anything I want” position I read in posts on our site going around a place like the SHOT show blowing their own horns. These people give the “average Joe” law abiding-respecting the rights of others in society gun owners a bad rap.

I went to the SHOT show to look for more distributors and they all asked first off if I am a storefront, and if not how do I get my business. I told them I get 100% of my customers from word of mouth and places such as Gunbrokers.com, GunsAmerica.com, INGunOwners.com and a few other forums. Trust me these distributors I spoke with know the value of internet gun forums and they understand that every basket has a few bad apples.

I am bothered by one or two Moderators on this site who condone bad behavior described by a very few members who believe their “God given right to carry their gun anyplace on this planet they want to”, including private property overrides the rights of the vast majority. :twocents:

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    dealer pricing is no secret today

I don't like how they provide dealer prices to anyone. Many of the people at the shows are not retailers.

Ten years ago when I first had my FFL I could mark firearms up 10-20% but today with places on-line like Buds Guns I have to settle for making my money on the transfer fee to get any firearms business. I have to be honest with my customers and tell them to go to Buds and buy from him instead of me as the savings in not having to pay the IN 7% sales tax is a better deal for them and I will do the transfer and get my $20.

I have read posts from members who give the passwords to access dealer only sights. I don’t believe that “dealer cost” is any secret anymore when it comes to firearms. Dealer cost is like MSRP; you can’t get it or have no intention of paying that. :twocents:

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    While I don't think it is very cool for gun board admins to go around "blackmailing" vendors or just trying to get free stuff.... I do believe the gun boards are a huge force in the industry and should be taken very seriously by exhibitors. (the good forums)

The forum in question was giving out passes to its general members like candy - it wasn't an admin.

Top Bottom