• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Still reeling from their brother’s death, Bobbie Kniceley and her brother Johnny Minor Jr. went to the Water Street home yesterday morning because they wanted to see where Carson, their brother, had been shot. While they were standing on the sidewalk diagonal from the home, a couple believed to be the Dillons drove into the drive at 112 Water St. and a shouting match ensued.

Burglar fatally shot in Elyria: Suspect?s family confronts homeowners hours after shooting (hear 911 call & take poll) - morningjournal.com

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    FTFA:

Kniceley admitted Carson had a criminal record for assault, theft and domestic violence. However, she said, “They should have taken different precautions.”

Yeah, its the homeowners' fault your brother broke into a house and got shot dead...

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    What the heck did they expect the homeowner to do say take what you want I'll just get your brother to replace it? These people are nuts! Sounds like this guy was going to get shot sooner or later, I feel for the homeowner, nobody needs that.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Home owners did what they should have done.
    911 operator did a fantastic job.
    Wife should have closed her mouth and not said so much on the phone. (I know that she was going through a traumatic experience but her words on that tape could be used against them potentially).

Glad they are all okay.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Since the family was really interested in where their criminal kin was killed, perhaps it would have been polite for the burglarized couple to have conducted a reenactment for them.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So we have the shootee, a sister and two brothers. Four siblings, not a common last name between them? Ok, the sister I get but the three brothers? I guess that's what they're callin a "blended" family these days.

That burglar's family mentality is EXACTLY what is wrong with this once-great nation of ours....

Good on the homeowner for showing restraint. They are lucky the he didn't end a couple more branches of their family tree. If I was in the homeowners shoes, I would be awfully nervous to be confronted by this group, especially in the presence of MY family.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Ah, this would be the perfect starter case for making the family responsible for their nit wits. Especially when they side with the idiot. Criminal family is now responsible for moving the victim family into a nicer house, in a nicer neighborhood. They also are responsible for the increase in taxes and house payment price. Oh, they also have to clean the dead relative's insides from the crime scene.
    Yea, I was kind of joking, but, it would be nice to think about sometime. Make people responsible for their actions.

Victim family handled it very well. If I was the police department, I would have gone after the criminal family for terroristic threats (read the definition of the crime), conspiracy, and witness intimidation. I am sure with a little more looking, I could figure another couple crimes to stack on as well. This is how the Mob operates, as do gangs, so, we need to nip it in the butt. Well, just my two cents anyway. I really doubt they just went there for that reason, they went for pay back, but good luck proving it. Which was why I said about the other crimes, those shouldn't be too hard to prove.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'd be on the lookout for revenge/repercussions from the dead burglar's family as well.

Not uncommon.

Agree on the 911 call. Too much info. Something to think about before hand. The less you say to 911 the better in most cases.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    At what point if someone is trespassing and making threats to you would you "fear" for your life?

+1 to the homeowner. I have sympathy for the homeowner for what he is going to deal with.

I have none for the criminal nor his family. If that was my son or my brother I'd be hurt, but knowing what he did THE only person to blame is that person that broke in.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I think that "other precautions" or terminology used by the decedent's kin should have been either a Springfield M1-A or a (name your favorite brand here) fully functional 12 ga. shotgun.

If one is a criminal, and goes forth to do mayhem and nastiness, then getting killed whilst committing said mayhem and nastiness is an "occupational hazard" not covered by OSHA.

No innocents hurt, no court costs, no incarceration costs, I really don't see the "bad side" here.

Felons deserve their just desserts, even when clad in copper. The decedent's family hasn't come to grips that the decedent was a criminal.

Oh well, now they know.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    After a shooting you will probably have to deal with several of the following;
    Police
    Lawyers
    2nd guessing yourself
    Emotions (other then 2nd guessing)
    Families of recently ventillated.
    Your own families reactions
    Your friends reactions
    Perfect strangers offering "advice" or judging
    Etc.

Not saying all of them, or justifed. These are reactions I've observed from others AARs.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    If I were the Dillons, I'd be getting a large, mean dog. I suspect the family of the criminal is not about to leave it alone.

Make that 2 or 3.

I have 1 that is meaner than a snake to strangers I don't command him to "easy," but if I were in the Dillon's situation, I'd be getting him a buddy or two.

Top Bottom