• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I live in the burbs of Fishers on a half-acre lot in a housing development. I have room for a 40 foot range in my garage (I would only shoot .22LR pistols). The Fishers ordinances say:

"No person shall discharge within the limits of the town any dangerous projectile...including all firearms..."

So..."within the limits of town"? Does anyone know if that includes my private property garage?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Well...I guess I'm asking if it is legit to shoot a gun in my garage within city limits, which, I'm sure is not cool. But you know, it's only a $300 fine so I guess I can do it until I'm busted.

I think you just answered your question.

if you are in city limits I am betting they have a no discharge law. AND THAT MEANS IN YOUR HOUSE TOO.

IANAL YMMV

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Wasn't there a story on here last year about a couple that were using a closet in their house as a backstop to shoot .223 in their house?

If I recall the story correctly, the female missed the target, hitting the washing machine, and flooding the apartment below?

Anyone else recall that fiasco?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    A quote that another member is fond of saying:

"Gun owners are the most law-abiding people you'll meet; unless they don't agree with a law."

Not an exact quote, but close enough.

My advice: don't break the law because it can, will, and does reflect poorly upon the rest of us.

-J-

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Invest in a Suppressor, and the Tax Stamp, wait 6 months, then shoot in relative silence..

Or, join a range as suggested, which would be cheaper and less of a wait :D

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I have heard of people reloading plastic casings and plastic wad cutters. they only need a primer to function. that would definitely be safer than a 22

Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I've got to get out of the burbs. I want to live somewhere where when my computer monitor fizzles out after only 2 years, I can walk into my backyard and unload a magazine into it.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Wasn't there a thread not to long ago where an INGO member talked about an upcoming court case? If I remember correctly the prosecution had a transcript of the thread. So why would anyone post that they are thinking about breaking the law?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Wasn't there a thread not to long ago where an INGO member talked about an upcoming court case? If I remember correctly the prosecution had a transcript of the thread. So why would anyone post that they are thinking about breaking the law?
    More than one thread has been used in a court case, that I know of..

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Air pistols are NOT firearms. Have pellet gun range in the garage now. Can get some unbelievably accurate air guns, fun and even cheaper to shoot.

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    So if discharging within the city limits is prohibited, how come the local shooting range can? I mean, just because it's a business, should not make a differance. Is there a permit process for the range? If so, time to start a home based business! :)

James

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    So if discharging within the city limits is prohibited, how come the local shooting range can? I mean, just because it's a business, should not make a differance. Is there a permit process for the range? If so, time to start a home based business! :)

James

There are these things called zoning ordinances that will most likely prevent such activities of one who wants to fire projectiles at high velocities at a backstop designed by someone for a case of beer with scrap metal from the back yard.

Top Bottom