• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Air pistols are NOT firearms. Have pellet gun range in the garage now. Can get some unbelievably accurate air guns, fun and even cheaper to shoot.

Schererville defines airguns as firearms and prohibits their discharge within town limits.
    My American Legion Post is investigating starting up a youth shooting team, airgun. Besides trying to come up with the money for some decent target rifles, we've been talking to Merrillville VFW about shooting on their land.

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    Schererville defines airguns as firearms and prohibits their discharge within town limits.
    My American Legion Post is investigating starting up a youth shooting team, airgun. Besides trying to come up with the money for some decent target rifles, we've been talking to Merrillville VFW about shooting on their land.

Noblesville also prohibits airgun discharge. In fact, they go so far as to limit any "dangerous projectile" which could include even nerf guns. Gotta love suburbia.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I built a 20 foot shooting range in my garage. My grandson and I have spent hours out there shooting the pellet rifles and the BB guns. Loads of fun. We shoot at paper targets only, afraid of ricochets off pop cans. I use a nice canvas backdrop and several layers of corrugated cardboard behind the paper targets. Works great, no strays. We still using shooting glasses.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    A quote that another member is fond of saying:

"Gun owners are the most law-abiding people you'll meet; unless they don't agree with a law."

Not an exact quote, but close enough.

My advice: don't break the law because it can, will, and does reflect poorly upon the rest of us.

-J-

What he said!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I cant believe you actually posted that. I would delete your posts, and forget about the idea of a shooting range in your garage. Firearms are NOT garage toys.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you want to train shooting in your house you could use airsoft guns.
    Those are a great training tool to work on your sight picture and sight alignment.
    They are quite, legal to use and can be fun for the whole family.
    You dont need a special backstop either and can even use them for force on force scenarios to shoot at a training partner (with eye protection of course).
    Keep actual firearms for the range.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Don't do it. If something goes awry, your day will go bad ...fast ...and deep. Though, you'd get your 15 minutes of fame, you probably don't want that sort of publicity. When I worked in a group home and we'd do risk assessment on planned activities, one of my favorite sayings was "That's an incident report I don't want to have to write." Think the same idea applies here.

How far is the nearest range, anyway?

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I don't know what neighborhood in Fishers you live in but I hope it isn't mine. I also hope that somehow you are trying to make a joke. Not a good place or topic to be joking about. All sorts of people read these forums and get there own ammunition for arguments against gun ownership. The last thing I would like to find out is some idiot in Fishers misses a backstop and does harm to someone. Do you think that would set well with the anti's?

CJK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Indy
    Really????? Another bad idea from a gun owner that will give a black eye to us all when youre caught and it makes the nightly news.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    When I first joined INGO I remember a thread where a guy had a bullet trap in his garage and posted pics.

I used to shoot in my basement at my old house built in the 20's. It had a partially finished basement it was really nice. The unfinished half was dirt. Made a great backstop. I only shot .22's.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Is that why they don't sell BB traps anymore. They deal with Dangerous Projectiles.

Surprised I suvived my childhood intact.

Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I wouldnt recommend it. It will reflect poorly on the rest of us. I would encourage you to move so that you have the ability to do that or shoot larger firearms outside with a back stop.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    Don't do it!!!
    a couple years ago our neighbor in the building I work in was shooting in his warehouse. all I can tell you is that it ended with the swat team in full gear swarming the whole complex one saturday afternoon.

Top Bottom