• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree CM. It wasn't always good in my neighborhood. We had a couple in the house across the street running an unlicensed pharmacy out of their house. Lots of traffic on Friday and cars would come and go after only being there for five minutes. I was outside replacing my porch light and I heard abusive language coming from behind me where my kids were playing basketball in the driveway.

When I turned around I saw two guys get out of a beat up van. One pulled a gun and tried to kick the neighbors door in. My kids would have been in the line of fire if the neighbor open his door and began firing. I yelled to my kid to "GET IN THE HOUS NOW" The two guys heard me and ran back to their van and took off.

I called the police and told them what happened. They told me that they were aware of what was going on and that with our help they would shut them down. All of our neighbors (Except for the pharmacists) started to call in the license plate numbers of cars leaving the house. In less than two weeks the neighbors got a free ride with shinny silver bracelets.

We now have a great family in the house. The house had to be completely remodeled. There were holes in the walls. Ole boy that lived there had most of his clothes thrown in the pool that had to be filled in because of letting it go.

I have seen this more than a few times.

wven33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2015
    Dyer
    From what my cousin told me, he only met this guy one time when he moved in. Also the neighbors on the other side of my cousin shoots fully auto all the time. The guy just dont like guns. It was my first time there. I just thought the guy was a little overboard. Like i said we were there for 2 hours during the afternoon and half of it was my wife shooting her 22. I didn't think it was to loud. He is just a anti.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    From what my cousin told me, he only met this guy one time when he moved in. Also the neighbors on the other side of my cousin shoots fully auto all the time. The guy just dont like guns. It was my first time there. I just thought the guy was a little overboard. Like i said we were there for 2 hours during the afternoon and half of it was my wife shooting her 22. I didn't think it was to loud. He is just a anti.

From your description, I wouldn't sweat it. He may try to make trouble, so just make sure you're in the right and being safe and you should be ok.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If it were me, I would be as polite as possible, smile and tell the neighbor that they'll try to make sure they are not shooting too early or too late. Maybe I'd invite him over to shoot and try to turn an anti into a innie...er, shooter.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If it were me, I would be as polite as possible, smile and tell the neighbor that they'll try to make sure they are not shooting too early or too late. Maybe I'd invite him over to shoot and try to turn an anti into a innie...er, shooter.

It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

As a trainer for the First Shots program through the NSSF, I saw more than a few people come through who had been anti gun, and then conceded "they" needed one for self defense. (as if no one else was worthy) After getting some education and experiencing gun ownership in person, most of them backed down their anti gun views. Some even took it up as a hobby and bring their friends.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    This why suppressors should be off the nfa act.

There shouldnt be a nfa act.
    That said, I can imagine that in some alternative universe somewhere it's perfectly legal to own fully automatic howitzers with the option to silence... no tax, ppwk, or background check required. LoL

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    As a trainer for the First Shots program through the NSSF, I saw more than a few people come through who had been anti gun, and then conceded "they" needed one for self defense. (as if no one else was worthy) After getting some education and experiencing gun ownership in person, most of them backed down their anti gun views. Some even took it up as a hobby and bring their friends.

This is one of the largest problems we have today I think with 2A stuff!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I agree with TriggerTime. The time to he polite is over. I refuse to be nice with anyone who wants to take my rights away.

If you don't want to hear gunfire don't live in the country.... wait.... neveremind there's just as much gun fire in the city

Top Bottom