Violators-Will-be-Shot-K-7669.gif

Need a few of these.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Hi all! I have a question. Saturday morning my wife and I went to my cousin's house in Unincorporated Crown Point. Behind his house he has 10 acres of wooded land with a nice backstop setup. We were out target practicing and enjoying the weather. Well as we were cleaning up and getting ready to leave my cousin's neighbor came over and told us he doesn't want us shooting there because he dont like the noise! The way he was acting made it seem we were doing something illegal! Is anyone familiar with that area? We were perfectly legal to shoot on his property correct? Thank you in advance

Unincorporated Lake County (mailing address can be Crown Point, but technically not inside the city) and you are legal to shoot on 10 acres without any issues. I'm a bit Southwest of there in unincorporated Lowell. Under the same County jurisdiction.

Noise ordinance kicks in at 10:30pm! Neighbor can pound sand up his arse regarding the noise. Ask the neighbor to support the removal of Suppressors from the NFA to make them more available/affordable!

County Sheriff will come out if the neighbor calls, County Sheriff deputies will check out the range and chat with you. Then the officer will go next door and tell the neighbor that you are perfectly legal.

Home range lake county

ATTENTION N.W.Indiana residents who want to shoot on your own land, I have posted this information in several threads in response to questions, figured that the NWI thread may be a good place to deposit this information too:

LAKE COUNTY has a shooting ordinance. NOT every county has one. YOU must check with your county to see if there are any rules. However, in LAKE COUNTY the actual ordinance that PASSED is1314B, it was PASSED on August 11th, 2009.

The passed and signed ordinance actually reads:
    "That the Lake County Council now prohibits the discharge of a firearm for the sole purpose of target shooting or practice shooting within 200 feet of the property lines of a platted, approved and developed multi-lot subdivision of one acre lots or less, as defined in the Lake County Code."
    ALSO, be aware of NOISE ordinances that will affect the shooting TIMES that are legal (these same times apply to all loud noises like lawn mowing, fireworks, etc.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I would try to explain to the neighbor that you have the right to shoot but would be willing to have a time frame that you you would shoot in. Having a good relationship with neighbors is best if at all possible.

+1 It is already too easiy to make enemies, It is prudent to at least attempt to not make any more.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    That would have had him backing up if done on legal private property......I have a set of those as well.......:):

He was being a bully........Send him packing.

My thoughts exactly. It is pretty dang bold when someone walks onto your land and opposes something legal that you are doing. People always trying to get other people to do what they want them to do.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Tell him you don't appreciate his noise in your ear and to **** his pie hole. I'm seriously tired of the people who dislike guns and **** with legal gun owners. The time to be polite is over.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would try to explain to the neighbor that you have the right to shoot but would be willing to have a time frame that you you would shoot in. Having a good relationship with neighbors is best if at all possible.

Common sense has entered the tread.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    This is very true. But, it sounds like he was trying to intimidate them. Not cool.

Not trying to slam the OP but we have only heard on side of the story. Remember the saying that there are always three sides to every story. Neighbors side, OP's side and the truth in the middle. We all hear things and remember them differently.

I have a great relationship with all my neighbors. Two of them have keys to my house and I have the same with theirs. We all watch out for each other and help each other with yard work and major jobs like building a deck. They helped me move a piano when I sold it (thank goodness) and even helped move my gun safe down stairs.

Being a good neighbor takes respect and hard work sometimes, but the payout is well worth the efforts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not trying to slam the OP but we have only heard on side of the story. Remember the saying that there are always three sides to every story. Neighbors side, OP's side and the truth in the middle. We all hear things and remember them differently.

I have a great relationship with all my neighbors. Two of them have keys to my house and I have the same with theirs. We all watch out for each other and help each other with yard work and major jobs like building a deck. They helped me move a piano when I sold it (thank goodness) and even helped move my gun safe down stairs.

Being a good neighbor takes respect and hard work sometimes, but the payout is well worth the efforts.

This is the way it "Needs" to be of course.
    1st, the neighbors have to be worthy.
    Some are, some are not.
    We have great relations with most of ours. It does take some effort but that is on both sides.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    This is the way it "Needs" to be of course.
    1st, the neighbors have to be worthy.
    Some are, some are not.
    We have great relations with most of ours. It does take some effort but that is on both sides.

I agree CM. It wasn't always good in my neighborhood. We had a couple in the house across the street running an unlicensed pharmacy out of their house. Lots of traffic on Friday and cars would come and go after only being there for five minutes. I was outside replacing my porch light and I heard abusive language coming from behind me where my kids were playing basketball in the driveway.

When I turned around I saw two guys get out of a beat up van. One pulled a gun and tried to kick the neighbors door in. My kids would have been in the line of fire if the neighbor open his door and began firing. I yelled to my kid to "GET IN THE HOUS NOW" The two guys heard me and ran back to their van and took off.

I called the police and told them what happened. They told me that they were aware of what was going on and that with our help they would shut them down. All of our neighbors (Except for the pharmacists) started to call in the license plate numbers of cars leaving the house. In less than two weeks the neighbors got a free ride with shinny silver bracelets.

We now have a great family in the house. The house had to be completely remodeled. There were holes in the walls. Ole boy that lived there had most of his clothes thrown in the pool that had to be filled in because of letting it go.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BlueishHue
    Top Bottom