• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Please pray for Josh, he is a family friend. Our wives work together and kids are the same age. I was at the firehouse doing pump training last night, while we were getting ready to head home CFD got a call for a man shot. It seems josh was driving his tractor to the barn and heard a gunshot. He realized he'd been hit in the chest and drove home for help.

Police investigate shooting - journalreview.com: News

UPDATED ARTICLE Shooting victim

UPDATE 5/5/13

Got this off my wife's Facebook page....

Well, just thought I would update everyone on Josh's condition. He is now out of ICU, They removed the feeding tube from him yesterday and he is still on a clear liquid diet. So far this morning, he has had his sponge bath for the day and has taken a walk down the hall. He has two more walks to go on today before 7pm this evening. Seems to be doing really good. The doctor did say that he will be removing his epideral, that he has had for the past 5 days, tomorrow morning. So we will have to see how that goes.

Last edited:

uberpeck

Marksman
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Will do baldguy. It seems pretty deliberate, the shooting. 9:10pm? There's not much light left at that time. And from my understanding, there are no hunting seasons open that call for a rifle- unless someone thought a Wiley coyote was driving a IH...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I was at Camp Rotary for several hours last Saturday.

There was MUCH much much gunfire from "nearby". Sounded like it was coming from south of CR.

Hope it's not related...

-J-

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I'll keep an ear out in Waynetown Area. Any updates on his condition?

Wife just called, Josh made it through surgery but no info on his condition. I was told he is awake and talking though so it sounds promising.

I know he's been having issues with someone breaking into his barns, stealing stuff, etc... I also know someone tried to burn the same barn down not too long ago, but still no concrete info on a suspect.

Bishop

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Waynetown Area
    Wow, this is the first I am hearing about this. I pray that this was not intentional, but from the sounds of it, it seems like it was. Get well Josh.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    My neighbor is related to Josh in some way and passed on that he is still critical but in stable condition today following last night's surgery.

I've heard nothing else yet but pray for a full recovery and hope the responsible party is found and held accountable for this crime, whether of malice or negligence.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    He has my prayers for a full recovery. There is NO excuse for this happening. Even if a person was shooting Coyotes at that time of night, no sensible person would fire a high power rifle that high in the air with no backstop. It sure looks like it was deliberate. Sure hope they get the BG and send him up for the rest of his life...

Top Bottom