• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    :laugh: I even knew that, and I've only met Kimball once!

But I can understand. Like Colt556 said last night, Cru DOES look like a Narc.

I'm horrible with names. Maybe he'll forgive me.

(example, and true story, one time I called my neighbor "Joe" for like 3 months, and we golfed together once a week. One day other people kept calling him Jim, and I was like "why are they calling you Jim? He replied "because that's my name"... It was embarassing.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I'm horrible with names. Maybe he'll forgive me.

(example, and true story, one time I called my neighbor "Joe" for like 3 months, and we golfed together once a week. One day other people kept calling him Jim, and I was like "why are they calling you Jim? He replied "because that's my name"... It was embarassing.

I called my neighbor chris for a good month, before he told me his name was Tom.:D

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I guess I'll bump this back up. I'm picking up the stuff today to build my stand so I can finally shoot my ipsc from bobcat steel.

Newbie question: is your basic FMJ handgun ammo leadcore?

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I called my neighbor chris for a good month, before he told me his name was Tom.:D

that's why I don't talk to my neighbors. that and I don't speak Spanish.....

Reminds me of an old Skeeter Skelton story where a grizzled old border patrolman called everybody 'Pete' no matter wht their name was. Sounds like a good policy to me!

Zero_ek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Alexandria
    What's the limit on ammo to use on these Steel targets? I've heard use whatever then I hear some people say only use hollow points. I want to get some of these down the road but I just want to be safe shooting them.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    What's the limit on ammo to use on these Steel targets? I've heard use whatever then I hear some people say only use hollow points. I want to get some of these down the road but I just want to be safe shooting them.

I've shot mine with all sorts of stuff, the steel handles all of it just fine.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I read somewhere that an LP tank like what's on a gas grill makes an excellent gong if you cut the bottom out to make a bell shape out of it. Has anyone tried this and if so how do they hold up? Seems like ricochets could be a problem, though?

Last edited:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Steel is awesome!!!! Big thanks to Que and Cru for letting me be their guest today at MCF&G. We ran .22, 9mm, and .40 and I think some 38 at our targets today without issue. It was definitely a blast. I will definitely have to pick up some more steel targets, thats for sure.

I tried painting it with some fluorescent paint then some white on top of that on one side and black on top on the other side. I was hoping that it would act like a shoot n c target. Well, you could definitely see the pink around the edges when the target was hit but I don't really think it is beneficial to actually see the hit. The white was the easiest to see hits on with the .22. The larger calibers showed up really well on both colors. We were only shooting at probably 25ish feet. I think at longer rifle ranges the white would take the edge on visibility.

So I guess my thought is go with white for steel targets. I may try some bright red or another bright color next time.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Steel is awesome!!!! Big thanks to Que and Cru for letting me be their guest today at MCF&G. We ran .22, 9mm, and .40 and I think some 38 at our targets today without issue. It was definitely a blast. I will definitely have to pick up some more steel targets, thats for sure.

I tried painting it with some fluorescent paint then some white on top of that on one side and black on top on the other side. I was hoping that it would act like a shoot n c target. Well, you could definitely see the pink around the edges when the target was hit but I don't really think it is beneficial to actually see the hit. The white was the easiest to see hits on with the .22. The larger calibers showed up really well on both colors. We were only shooting at probably 25ish feet. I think at longer rifle ranges the white would take the edge on visibility.

So I guess my thought is go with white for steel targets. I may try some bright red or another bright color next time.

We have one that's bright red and it actually works the best I think. White is 2nd best, black is not that good, but it works.

And yeah, Shooting with you and Que was fun. Hopefully next time we can set up in the Bay and do a Mock FNS stage.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I forgot to post pictures.

6d316e1c.jpg

I think 8 out of my first 9 shots from my newish gun dinged.

885b5c49.jpg

d88b920d.jpg

76fe8c3f.jpg

Top Bottom