• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I want to exercise my right to carry concealed, but I don't want to have to drastically change my clothing style to accomodate my gun. So after looking for some "deep conceal" if you will, methods, I came accrossed this, 5.11 Holster shirt. Does anybody have anything like this? Any opinions?

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have the 5.11 holster shirt in black, and I have to say, its pretty cool. I can COMFORTABLY conceal both my G17 and my Taurus 24/7 at the same time without issue; and all I have to do is wear a tshirt or button up shirt that isn't skin tight.

Well worth the money, in my opinion; take careful note of the sizing, though, as they are designed to be worn like compression shirts. Which means VERY tight; like under-armour shirts. Only issue I ever had was that some little tag or seam was bugging me around my sides; wearing a t-shirt underneath resolved the issue. I wore mine last fall when I went out on an 'archery hike' with my girlfriend; running around in the woods with a recurve bow, and it was perfectly comfortable.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I have the 5.11 holster shirt in black, and I have to say, its pretty cool. I can COMFORTABLY conceal both my G17 and my Taurus 24/7 at the same time without issue; and all I have to do is wear a tshirt or button up shirt that isn't skin tight.

Well worth the money, in my opinion; take careful note of the sizing, though, as they are designed to be worn like compression shirts. Which means VERY tight; like under-armour shirts. Only issue I ever had was that some little tag or seam was bugging me around my sides; wearing a t-shirt underneath resolved the issue. I wore mine last fall when I went out on an 'archery hike' with my girlfriend; running around in the woods with a recurve bow, and it was perfectly comfortable.
    It seems like these things are pretty long, I know they are meant to tuck in, but are they really that long?

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Blueeagle: Since you have one I'm going to ask a question, and please don't think I'm picking on you, I'm very curious.

How do you observe firearm safety rule #2 while holstering / drawing from the shirt?

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Blueeagle: Since you have one I'm going to ask a question, and please don't think I'm picking on you, I'm very curious.

How do you observe firearm safety rule #2 while holstering / drawing from the shirt?
    I'm assuming the same way you put it in a regular holster?:dunno:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I might get one of these.

I rarely tuck in t-shirts though.

Here's an idea if it's too long: safey pin several spots until you find an acceptable length. Then take it to a seamstress (I know there are still a few around).

If I spend $80 on the shirt, I can spend another $20 to have it the way I want it. I know the one I've used will probably charge less than $20 if I bring in other stuff that needs buttons and such.

And I bet if I want the length back she can make it so there is never any material removed.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I use this one to carry a PM9/PM40, works very well but it is not a fast access and reaching around you body can be tough,

pgroup_6946_image_260_shadow.bmp

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana

Easily enough. I'm right handed, so my gun goes in the left-side pocket. When I go to holster, I keep the gun pointed downwards and bring it around so that the muzzle stays pointed at the ground around my feet.

With my left hand, I pull the opening of the pocket wider, (while keeping the left arm high and out of the way,) and push the barrel of the gun into it, and then down.

If it went off at any time during that process, I'd scare the crap out of myself and put a hole in the floor near my feet, or possibly get powder burns on my arm and torso and put a hole in the wall or ground behind me. I challenge you to find an IWB holster that doesn't hold at least that much risk in holstering. :p The technique is basically just the same as putting it into a shoulder holster, really; just a really REALLY tight shoulder holster.

And the shirts are fairly long, yes, but not ridiculously so. Because they are so tight, they tend to ride up and hang out around your waistline. I typically tuck mine in, (because its usually working as undershirt,) but even if I don't, it will usually ride just below the level of my belt.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Does it come with all that buffness? :p

I actually conscripted my girlfriend to sew me a holster shirt like we saw at a gun show. Basically it was a really tight t-shirt, with velcro patches about 6x6 or so under each arm. Then you just bought corresponding velcro patches that had elastic straps anywhere from 3 to 4 inches wide sewn on them, and stuck them onto the shirt.

Didn't look that difficult; and I think it could be reproduced for something like $10 by anyone with a sewing machine and a bit of know-how. Wouldn't want to carry a full sized pistol in it, by a G26/27, or a LCP, P3AT, TCP etc would probably be great.

Top Bottom