• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Late last year I sent pistols to Cajun Gun Works and Nighthawk for work. Both were shipped from my local FFL. Shipping was approximately $30 for each shipment. CGW and NH sent them back to the FFL. That shipping cost was about the same. I did have to fill out 4473's on each since the FFL had to check them in on the return end.

Rushville 108

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2023
    Gosport,Indiana
    A large notice on the wall of the Bloomington,Indiana UPS HUB states that you CAN NOT SEND FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION THRU UPS. A friend of mine sends AMMO thru the Indianapolis Hub with no problems. When he advised his Hub in Indy that the Bloomington Hub would not ship ammo, they told him they had NO IDEA WHY THEY DIDN'T. They advised him that it must be "A District Thing."

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I shipped an AK74 at a USPS counter last month. Postal worker needed some instruction on the law and direction from a supervisor, but it got there. He was telling me it had to be disassembled to ship (it doesn't). Anyone can ship a rifle or shotgun USPS to an FFL, person within their home state, or to themselves at another address out of state.
    Shipping Fedex or UPS now requires a business account, which an FFL is needed for.
    With UPS you need to schedule pickup at the business address, they can not be brought to the customer counter. UPS goes one step further to say they won't even accept non-regulated parts from individuals. CS rep said I was unable to ship a barrel, so it became a bat.
    Fedex is apparently accepting packages at there counter. I had to send a gun back for RMA, manufacturer emailed a label and I dropped it off. I had to specify it was a rifle, implying they would not accept a handgun from me.
    To my understanding shipping NFA items and handguns will now require an FFL to be involved. USPS can't accept "concealible weapons" or NFA by law from non-lisencees. UPS and Fedex can, but won't. So there is no recourse, but to pay an FFL some nonsense fee to "facilitate the process".

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I shipped an AK74 at a USPS counter last month. Postal worker needed some instruction on the law and direction from a supervisor, but it got there. He was telling me it had to be disassembled to ship (it doesn't). Anyone can ship a rifle or shotgun USPS to an FFL, person within their home state, or to themselves at another address out of state.
    Shipping Fedex or UPS now requires a business account, which an FFL is needed for.
    With UPS you need to schedule pickup at the business address, they can not be brought to the customer counter. UPS goes one step further to say they won't even accept no regulated parts from individuals. CS rep said I was unable to ship a barrel, so it became a bat.
    Fedex is apparently accepting packages at there counter. I had to send a gun back for RMA, manufacturer emailed a label and I dropped it off. I had to specify it was a rifle, implying they would not accept a handgun from me.
    To my understanding shipping NFA items and handguns will now require an FFL to be involved. USPS can't accept "concealible weapons" or NFA by law from non-lisencees. UPS and Fedex can, but won't. So there is no recourse, but to pay an FFL some nonsense fee to "facilitate the process".
    A nice class action lawsuit seems to be in order. They have already set the bar with the bakery case.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Have they changed USPS rules?-I shipped two long guns last year from the post office to a FFL with his license inside . Plain box, no question asked?
    No. Just standard government employee shenanigans.
    I assume the counter staff at my local office don't see it much and needed someone to hold their hand. The employee at the counter told me they don't take assembled guns and I'd have to disassemble it to ship. I asked if there was anyone else I could talk to, he called a supervisor and had a 5 minute conversation. After that it was cake, didn't need a copy of the receiving FFL or anything. Shipped priority insured for $2500 for half what an FFL quoted me to ship it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom