• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I cannot, CANNOT, recommend Tactical Response enough! These guys are SAFE and thorough, really know their stuff, and I guarantee that you will leave with a smile on your face. Regarding civilian training, if you carry or just shoot a gun for leisure, you will be helped tremendously. Regarding cost, what is learning how to aggressively and confidently shoot a gun worth to you? Be sure and tell Yeager that a 9mm WILL NOT KILL PEOPLE, it only wounds them and makes them mad! :)

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    In the recent past the Seymour PD has offered several basic pistol classes for FREE to the community but we can never get anyone to sign up and actually take it.

I think it is great that SPD offers this, but I would like to see a little more advertising a few weeks prior to the class. I believe the interest is there, but I have heard that maybe it doesn't get promoted as well as it could be. This IS NOT a slam, as I have full faith in SPD and what they do for the community, just my humble opinion. Maybe some interest could be generated on this site?

PS - I know someone in Seymour that would LOVE to donate some posters and artwork to promote this. :rockwoot:

Keep up the great work!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    John-
    I traded a few PM's with Bart about the SPD training. I think I may start another thread to see who all would be interested, and see if we can't get a group together to sign up for the Seymour Basic course. That may help them out a bit and make sure that they actually get people to show up.

As to the Tactical Response Training, I'm running some traps right now to see if I can make it work. Need to get the Schedule and Finances nailed down. I had been thinking of picking up a 1911 style pistol in the future, but maybe I need to just spend that money on learning how to shoot what I already have. :D

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I had been thinking of picking up a 1911 style pistol in the future, but maybe I need to just spend that money on learning how to shoot what I already have. :D

More guns will not make you safer. :yesway:

The SPD guys are rock solid and will get you going in the right direction if you have a chance to train with them. DO NOT miss the Tactical Response classes coming to Seymour.

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I am signed up for both classes. I took Fighting Pistol last year and it was great. I can't wait to do it again this year and also take The Fight.

wva3470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Bump! Still have openings available for this training. If you haven't trained with Tactical Response, you don't know what you're missing! Register at TacticalResponse.com

Bill

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I would LOVE to go to this, but as I just got married funds are going to be a little light for a while. Do you do these in Seymour or close often?

Last edited:

Bart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Seymour
    I would LOVE to go to this, but as I just got married funds are going to be a little light for a while. Do you do these in Seymour or close often?

I think this is the 3rd or 4th time we have hosted these classes. We probably will again next year.

Top Bottom