• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Downtown Lafayette lost power. Cops blocked off intersections downtown, used PA to make announcements (never heard an LPD copper use his PA). I was inside office and could not hear them. As soon as I came out to see what fuss was about, LPD ran off leaving the intersection near my office.

Traffic signals messed up but as I was driving home, city trucks already out starting repairs.

I have no street lights in my neighborhood and I to play pick up sticks for 20 minutes, but no damage. I am very lucky.

Edit: update, went outside to check wind. Emergency sirens (fire, ambulance) continually in distance. Something is up.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    1/4 mile from Atlanta gun club! I swear they were still shooting away 1min. before the tornado came through!

IMG_20131117_165114706.jpg

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I got lucky, my wife and I are heading to the hospital in the morning to have our second child and we had the camera laying on the table by the entry door. I was able to step back in the house and grab it quick enough to get 2 good shots of it before it was over.
    Congrats on the new addition! You'll have a good story for him when he gets older!

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    A few houses in my neighborhood lost some siding. My house was the hardest hit- our chimney blew over. It is wood and siding surrounding a metal tube. Resting on the roof until an insurance adjuster gets here tomorrow.

Far East Indy near Cumberland, 10th and German Church

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If nobody got killed in Kokomo it will be a miracle.

Police said Penny's was being looted.

Always count on tragedy to bring out the scumbags in society.

Also, I can't confirm but I did hear of a death (possibly more) related to this storm.

Top Bottom