• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    It's good to know that panic prices are still in full swing for some folks. Browsing the classifieds, I saw that someone has bought a used SW M&P 15 sport for $1000. Now, if the rifle had a nice red dot, or some extras, then maybe I could see spending a grand on $700 NEW rifle. Now, I'm a capitalist, so I praise the seller for finding his sucker. But really people? How on earth can we ever expect prices to fall back to normal if we keep paying these ridiculous prices? But, whatever. It's your money and obviously you have the right to spend as you wish. I just wish people had a little more wisdom and were able to discern the good buys from the bad...

ok, rant off.

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    For some folks there is value in the instant gratification of having the gun I want in hand now, even at a premium, versus waiting for someday, maybe. I struggle with this myself, definitely easier to be patient when you've already got an AR, Glock, ammo can of .22lr, whatever the high-priced product of the moment may be, sitting in the safe.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Take deep breaths and relax... The people that are willing to pay exorbitant prices will be running out of money as soon as their tax returns are done. After they exit the market and those of us who aren't panic buyers take our time prices will eventually come down.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I prefer cheese dogs myself.

I get the whole immediate gratification thing. The rifle in question is actually the model I'm wanting to buy eventually. But I won't pay ridiculous prices for it. I guess I should just be thankful that my parents actually instilled in me the value of a dollar.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Sorry, doesn't bother me in the least. Hope both the buyer and seller are very happy! I have in my life seen many things I would have like to have purchased, sell for much more than I felt they were worth -- Never really bothered me, sooner or later I purchased most of those things at my price. If not, well I guess it wasn't worth market value to me!

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I like chili dogs.
    Chili dogs are good, but have you ever had a Chicago dog with everything? Yummy!

On a different note, I just recently paid pretty much the price of a new pistol for a slightly used one. My reasoning, well none of my LGS has had any of them, could not find one on-line and the closest store that had any would have probably cost me 40-50 dollars in gas to get to, plus my time.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Veggies have no place on a dog.:noway:

Wait. I love my Chicago dogs. Lets see you mention veggies. Onions make your breath stink so they're ok. Tomatoes are really a fruit so no problem there. You got cucumber but they are soaked in vinegar for a long period of time and saturated with salt rendering them less than ideal for your health/check. Conclusion: Chicago dogs don't have veggies on them...

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Wait. I love my Chicago dogs. Lets see you mention veggies. Onions make your breath stink so they're ok. Tomatoes are really a fruit so no problem there. You got cucumber but they are soaked in vinegar for a long period of time and saturated with salt rendering them less than ideal for your health/check. Conclusion: Chicago dogs don't have veggies on them...

Agreed, plus that relish is certainly not a veggie and it has hot peppers. Who doesn't like hot peppers. Oh and do not forget celery salt!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Price

I like a good chili-cheese dog but I won't pay panic prices for one even if they are in short supply. However, if you want a chili-dog bad enough, you'll probably pay whatever it takes to get it. The anti chili-doggers can eat Spam for all I care. :rolleyes:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

Well... if you put it that way. I must admit to occasionally dousing a dog in sauerkraut so I'll give ya a pass.

Top Bottom