• chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Making it official

Guys,
    Anton is swamped this week, so I thought that I had better post the announcement. Here goes:

Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, September 10th at 6 pm. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-up at 5:15 pm and a shooters meeting at 6:00 pm to explain the rules and to form squads. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry, as long as our total number of shooters allows.

FNS is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

If you wondered where to purchase the Friday Nights Steel gear that some of the RO’s were wearing. You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts and hats at Café press

5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score.

Don’t forget about the Bowling Pin Shoot (Fourth Saturday) at Marion County Fish and Game.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Sincerely,
    Anton C Howard

FridayNightSteel@gmail.com

"As to species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with a ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson 8 Papers of Thomas Jefferson 407 (J. Boyd ed., 1953)

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    What is the shooting distance and the size of the smallest target?

I probably aughta practice up some before I embaress myself!

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Well no fear, if you ever see me shoot you'll remember because you'll think, Dang that dumbace needs to Practice!:cheers:

I've been doing this for 1 1/2 years...It is still quite apparent that I don't practice. USPSA and Steel Matches are unfortunately a majority of my practice. :dunno: You'd think 500-700 rounds a month would be enough, but for me obviously not

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I figured that I would be able to practice this week and test out the M&P 15-22. But, I got to travel for work. At least I got it sighted in.

Hopefully I can make it. Should be back in town late tomorrow.

DarcEagle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    well sad to say me and my beloved GSG-5 will not be there this week we will be spending the weekend at the inlaws catch you all next time

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    In other news, are the FNS shotgunners doing their shotgun thing again this month? I could bring out my Saiga.

Assuming that I can get my shottie fixed tonight (tnx Nick!) I'll be there as usual....:popcorn::ar15:

I am not sure yet. Do you want us to shoot your gun? :cool:

Zoub you know that you want to be at FNS!:p

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal-- it's an demanded expectation.

Top Bottom