• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jayman4pu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Where does Donnelly stand?

According to the Indy Star this morning, Donnelly (or should I say his spokeswoman, as he didn't directly respond) said the Senator's strong support of the Second Amendment will be on his mind as he reviews the president's proposals.

Sounds like sidestepping to me, knowing full good & well that Hoosiers that elected him will NOT tolerate this gross infringement of their rights. Continue to call and voice deep opposition - only squeaky wheels get greased, and BHO is one squeaky SOB!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    email I received from coats today......
    Response to President Obama's Gun Control Proposals
    Today, President Obama released a series of executive actions and legislative ideas as part of his recently announced gun control initiative.
    As we learn more details about the President’s proposals, I believe we must protect Second Amendment rights and ensure the federal government does not punish responsible gun owners. I will not support legislation or executive actions that would affect gun ownership rights for law-abiding citizens, including any assault weapons ban.
    The Newtown shooting was a horrific tragedy that had an impact on all Americans but especially every parent, teacher and student, and it is right for our country to reflect on how we can prevent such events in the future. Laws alone cannot eliminate all acts of violence. As Americans we need to examine a culture that increasingly glamorizes violence and determine how we can better identify and address mental illness in our society.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Here is a link to Senator Coat's statement on Obama's press conference today regarding "gun violence".

Coats Statement on President Obama

I spoke at length with Coats north east regional director about the senator's stance, prior to Obama's statement. It sounds like he gets it, and he is directing his staff to fight it all, tooth and nail.

Interesting. I remember when he was running for the open senate seat that Sen. Coats & Greg Garrison assured us that he had learned his lesson from his unforgiveable mistake in 1994. I was skeptical then and remained so until recently.

I can't help retaining at least a little of that skepticism, but the statement is a breath of fresh air and I am willing to be optimistic this time. I shall choose to believe him.

Top Bottom