• Who will you vote for US Senate?

• Total voters

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Can we just replace the official election with this poll? I got a feeling that the general populous wont vote as good as we have here so far.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I met my good friend today to discus the election. I have decided to vote for Rebeca. Honestly I'm sick of both Republicans and Democrats. He made a good point of voting for the lesser evil. I would rather have a Republican than a Democrat. However, if enough people vote for Rebeca it will send a message, even if she does not get elected. I liked Coats until, I saw his position on the 2A. I'll never vote for a Democrat. So, that leaves one option for me. I'm not expecting much to happen though. It's going to take more than one election to change things. All we can do is vote, hope and pray for the best. Until our idiotic Government gets back to the roots of our founding Fathers nothing will change.

So, why are you voting for RSB knowing that if she were to be elected she would support this horrid foreign policy that you and I both disagree with? This is just a question out of curiosity. You post that you're voting for RSB then post several more times arguing against libertarian positions.

U.S. Patriot said:
    Right, because American companies employing Americans is a horrible idea. Instead, lets have everything made in China. Guess I'm a dick for thinking about our citizens over others. That's ok though, sometimes you just have to be a dick. I'm all for capitalism. At least have the dignity to keep money in your own country.

Libertarians are perfectly willing to see America weakened to promote their insane ideology. You've touched on one issue that has earned them their nickname as cowardly anarchists. Regulate absolutely nothing even if it makes us greater and more prosperous.

dukeboy_318 said:
    Wow, sink burris leading?! Who'd a thought? She's got my vote and the vote of my die-hard democrat grandfather! Good luck on tuesday!

In the INGO poll, yes. INGO, for some reason, is a hotbed for libertarians. In the real world current polls have her with a miniscule percentage. Dan Coats is very likely to win by a landslide. I just hope, likely in vain, that when all the buzz around third party candidates being successful turns of to have been a pipe dream that libertarians rethink the effectiveness of their tactics and the virtue of their positions. Sadly, the lesson may come at the cost of the Republicans not taking as many seats as they would have if we had selected actual, viable Republican candidates in the primaries.

I won't hold my breath. In two years I expect them to start raving about the next set of candidates that have absolutely no chance of winning and, therefore, no chance of making any real difference on the financial, social and political problems facing this country.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Let's see. Libertarian non-interventionist foreign policy is built on a Jeffersonian model.

During his presidency, Jefferson avoided war ... except for those Barbary Coast pirates that were disrupting our free trade with other nations. He sent in the marines!

Madison, the second of the Democratic-Republican party presidents successfully prosecuted the war of 1812 against England.

I don't mind a foreign policy that encourages non-interventionist principles until our interests are at stake.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    Can't vote for Ellsworth because of his votes so far as a representative.

Can't now nor will I ever vote for Dan Coats even if he was running for the local dog catcher or turd chaser position after his vote against the Second Amendment way back when. What a lying slimeball dirt bag {I'm being as kind as possible} and why couldn't the Republican Party have chosen a better candidate?

For the last few elections I have voted for every single third party candidate on the ballot. This time will be no different, I will proudly cast my vote for the lady and hope the polls are wrong and she somehow pulls it off. This country desperately needs a viable third party. Only having two almost identical parties is causing us way more harm than good.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    So, why are you voting for RSB knowing that if she were to be elected she would support this horrid foreign policy that you and I both disagree with? This is just a question out of curiosity. You post that you're voting for RSB then post several more times arguing against libertarian positions.

Libertarians are perfectly willing to see America weakened to promote their insane ideology. You've touched on one issue that has earned them their nickname as cowardly anarchists. Regulate absolutely nothing even if it makes us greater and more prosperous.

In the INGO poll, yes. INGO, for some reason, is a hotbed for libertarians. In the real world current polls have her with a miniscule percentage. Dan Coats is very likely to win by a landslide. I just hope, likely in vain, that when all the buzz around third party candidates being successful turns of to have been a pipe dream that libertarians rethink the effectiveness of their tactics and the virtue of their positions. Sadly, the lesson may come at the cost of the Republicans not taking as many seats as they would have if we had selected actual, viable Republican candidates in the primaries.

I won't hold my breath. In two years I expect them to start raving about the next set of candidates that have absolutely no chance of winning and, therefore, no chance of making any real difference on the financial, social and political problems facing this
    country.

Well, im about as far right as one can get by nature. I cannot stand ellsworth and coats to me is a snake that I don't trust as far as I can throw my pickup. Who's does that leave me with? Burris. I like her stance on many issues, I do disagree on some as well. she's not perfect but she can't be any worse than ellsworth. Maybe I oughta just write in bugs bunny or dafty duck

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I just hope, likely in vain, that when all the buzz around third party candidates being successful turns of to have been a pipe dream that libertarians rethink the effectiveness of their tactics and the virtue of their positions.

Libertarians will never "rethink the virtue of their positions" because if nothing else, libertarians have exhaustively analyzed their ideology more thoroughly than anyone else, and tend to be consistent to it (often to a fault). While this might not appeal to the palate of the common brain dead sheep, its "virtue" is unquestionable in the presence of those who will be voting for a slimeball whose name is followed by an (R), ignoring the fact that he couldn't give two bowel movements about Indiana citizens and voters before he tossed his hat into this race. A man who has made a very nice living talking out of both sides of his mouth his entire career....earning a paycheck promoting ideas that a majority of "conservatives" find repugnant.

Attempting to claim any sort of moral high ground is impossible if you are voting for Dan Coats, so give it up and cast your sell out ballot.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Let's see. Libertarian non-interventionist foreign policy is built on a Jeffersonian model.

During his presidency, Jefferson avoided war ... except for those Barbary Coast pirates that were disrupting our free trade with other nations. He sent in the marines!

Madison, the second of the Democratic-Republican party presidents successfully prosecuted the war of 1812 against England.

I don't mind a foreign policy that encourages non-interventionist principles until our interests are at stake.

^^^This.

I mean, if people are all for policing the world, then why are you against the UN and One World Government?

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Have you been asleep for the last decade? China is heavily invested in Panama and nothing has been done, nor does anything need to be done. Free trade is just that, free. Either you believe in it or you don't. The Chinese aren't invading Panama. They're doing business there. Just like American companies are. The idea behind non-interventionism is to not fight wars. Trade works much better.

Perfectly stated

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

I won't hold my breath. In two years I expect them to start raving about the next set of candidates that have absolutely no chance of winning and, therefore, no chance of making any real difference on the financial, social and political problems facing this country.

So, what do you sugest?

Vote for a Democrat?
    Vote for an anti 2a Republican?
    Not vote?

You can not always agree 100% with any canidate. That's just a fact of life. All you can do is vote for who you think best represents your beleifs.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    So, what do you sugest?

Vote for a Democrat?
    Vote for an anti 2a Republican?
    Not vote?

You can not always agree 100% with any canidate. That's just a fact of life. All you can do is vote for who you think best represents your beleifs.

I know. There aren't any really fantastic options in this race. My suggestion is to vote for Coats. Unless he is just blowing smoke to get elected it seems he may have got the message regarding his 2A voting record. My plan is to vote for Coats and keep a real close eye on him.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I know. There aren't any really fantastic options in this race. My suggestion is to vote for Coats. Unless he is just blowing smoke to get elected it seems he may have got the message regarding his 2A voting record. My plan is to vote for Coats and keep a real close eye on him.
    And when he votes contrary to your wishes it's too late. Keeping an eye on him sounds good in theory, but it all boils down to what are you going to do when he screws you? Write a sternly worded letter? I'm sure he's quaking in fear.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

The only thing politicians hear is votes. You are giving him your approval, but being cautious.

Like telling your child that they were bad, but giving them dessert any way. Why would they think you care what bad things they do if you just reward them for it?

I have no problems with any of the few things I don't perfectly agree with the Libertarian Party about. Why? Because it is going to be a long time before they have enough power to do everything they want.

They are so far closer to my beliefs than every Republican and Democrat that it isn't even funny.

Last edited:

Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    That is the problem, you have to leave the Democrat/Republican mindset. Both of these parties have brought us to this point, not just one or the other. It is time for a change of party, not a change in just leaders. Do you know that it is the staff of these senators and congressman that do 95 percent of the work. Change will not come overnight, and will be child bearing difficult. Real change will be fought loudly and harshly, it will be spit on and drug out. Anyone who has ever had control of anything in their life realizes how addicting true power is, and will fight tothe end to keep it. We cannot rely on a single party that has been around for centuries to just say "okay America, we really understand what you want now and we are going to give it to you"! Bu#$%^it, you know it and I know it. Republicans have the power to do great and wonderful things, but the proof is in the pudding, and I want to believe so badly that they will, can, and want to be the answer, but as of late, I am just so unsure. Now, with Dan Coates as my best option for Senator, I am even more perplexed and worried that the party may be getting spread to thin, or losing its legs. Sink-Burris may not be the absolute best answer, but I would like to see Indiana as a progressive state with open minded citizens that seek change and truth, not just going with republicans, just so the democrats will not have control.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Coats is currently up by 20 points in the polls.

Every point drop in actual victory makes them scratch their head harder.

It won't change his actions unless we can really drop his margin into single digits... but they will notice if the margin of victory drops to near 15%

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So, why are you voting for RSB knowing that if she were to be elected she would support this horrid foreign policy that you and I both disagree with? This is just a question out of curiosity.

Why are you voting for Dan Coats? Look at his voting record. Look at his lobbying record. Defend that for a while.

Liberty is only insane if you are a government-loving statist. I would rep you but I'm all out of negative rep.

In the INGO poll, yes. INGO, for some reason, is a hotbed for libertarians.

Amazing isn't it? People who enjoy their individual rights coming here and agreeing on the principles of liberty. This must be a very uncomfortable forum for you at times.

Attempting to claim any sort of moral high ground is impossible if you are voting for Dan Coats, so give it up and cast your sell out ballot.

:yesway:

Why don't you keep a close eye on his voting record, instead of voting for a proven sellout & liar? Guess that's something all these crazy insane cowardly anarchists won't understand.

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    I'm also voting for Coats. He will vote against the democrat agenda which must be stopped now. Hopefully the pundits are correct and the republicans retake the house and control the agenda. The only message any politician gets is when they are voted out. Libertarians picking up a bigger percentage will only send more democrats to Washington and hasten our destruction. I would gladly vote for RSB in the republican primary to send Sen. Lugar packing.

Top Bottom