• Who will you vote for US Senate?

• Total voters

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Rather sad to find that you don't believe in capitalism.

Right, because American companies employing Americans is a horrible idea. Instead, lets have everything made in China. Guess I'm a dick for thinking about our citizens over others. That's ok though, sometimes you just have to be a dick. I'm all for capitalism. At least have the dignity to keep money in your own country.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Is it your belief that a companies jobs belong to someone other than that company? You actually believe that they should be forced to employ whomever it is YOU want them to hire, no matter the cost? If that's the case, and it seems so, from your words, then you're not "all for capitalism". You're for protectionism and nationalisation. That's the complete opposite of capitalism and free markets.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm going to say my peace and let it be. The fact is, industry is one of the key components that made the U.S. a "Super Power" What good does outsourcing do, besides take away jobs from Americans and help other countries expand their industrial infrastructure? Oh not mention it also helps make company owners wallets thicker. I have seen first hand what outsourcing does. Cummins Engine Company is a perfect example. A lot of people have lost jobs do to their outsourcing to Mexico. Sure, pay a Mexican jack crap to make junk. Instead of paying an American what he/she needs to live in todays economy. I mean that is just outrageous to think about!

People spending money also helps to boost the economy. I'm not talking just about essential items either. Well, if a large part of the American population is just getting by. That is less money being put back into the economy. Think about this for a moment. Imagine if everything that you bought said made in America. Instead of China, Mexico or some other country. You know how many jobs that would create? If companies want to outsource than they should have to pay higher taxes. Small businesses that employ American citizens should receive tax cuts.

I guess ethics is a forgotten concept in business these days. I try to look at the big picture. Not just Joe blow that has his crap made in some other country. So, that he can have his nice house and fancy cars.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Have you been asleep for the last decade? China is heavily invested in Panama and nothing has been done, nor does anything need to be done. Free trade is just that, free. Either you believe in it or you don't. The Chinese aren't invading Panama. They're doing business there. Just like American companies are. The idea behind non-interventionism is to not fight wars. Trade works much better.

The point being that our current foreign aid counters China's influence in the region. Guess you are the one that is asleep if you think China is just doing business. So you think China is involved in free trade? Laughable.

This is turning into a I love Glocks or I hate Glocks. No one is going to change anyone's mind. I'll leave it at: Everyone's right to vote the way they see fit.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The point being that our current foreign aid counters China's influence in the region. Guess you are the one that is asleep if you think China is just doing business. So you think China is involved in free trade? Laughable.

This is turning into a I love Glocks or I hate Glocks. No one is going to change anyone's mind. I'll leave it at: Everyone's right to vote the way they see fit.

Please provide more details. I'm intrigued with what you say China is doing in Panama.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...knowing Indiana voters, I do not think she will garner enough votes to win, it will be neither because she did not earn nor because she did not deserve the votes, but because the electorate are acting like morons. I think she should win. I will be voting to help her win. The reality is that whether she wins or not, I will be able to truthfully say that I am, for once, proud of my vote. I can finally say I am voting FOR someone, not just against someone I want less.

Friends, that's a good feeling.

Blessings,
    Bill

:+1:

I will not be "throwing my vote away" when I vote FOR Rebecca, I will be making it count.

Anyone who lacks the fortitude to vote for whom they believe to be the best candidate to represent them is, IMO, doing more damage to the system by voting than not.

Make your vote count.

Don't just cancel mine unless you really believe one of the other candidates will do a better job representing you.

That is all. :patriot:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So if China starts spreading its cash around in say Panama, we are just going to sit by let that happen? Fight the war through satellite states or fight the war inside your boards.

An easy way to view this is to reduce it to a smaller level: If you do your grocery shopping at Marsh, Kroger, and Meijer, but the guy across the street and down two houses prefers Target, the farmer's market, and a local butcher, why should either of you have to change because of the other's preference? Do either of you have a right to require or even to expect the other to change? Granted, you're not going to go to war with your neighbor across the street, and if he happens to have a large, well-armed family (think like the Duggar family!) and tries to come take over your house (where it's just you and the wife and maybe one kid) you're not going to win that fight no matter where the battle happens, so instead of fighting, you might choose to talk with him, stay friendly, just disagree on where you do your shopping.

This is of course an oversimplification and there are some other issues, but most of them are issues that exist because of government oversteps of their authority. Example: Why are our businesses here shipping jobs elsewhere? Could it be because other nations don't require their businesses to meet this or that arbitrary, government imposed limits on a million different aspects of their business? OSHA is a good one to look at: What happens if all the potential workforce see two businesses, one that chooses its bottom line as being more important than the safety of its employees? As a member of that potential workforce, I'm going to make my applications to those companies where when they hire, I'm not told to not be too attached to all my fingers. I'm silly that way. ;) How about the EPA? It's OK for me as a factory owner to put 3.99 parts per million of pollution into the air, but if I dare put 4 ppm, for some reason I have to pay the EPA a hundred gajillion dollars? Why is that right? Instead, those who have a problem with it should be able to either come talk to me and request my help in cleaning it up or even sue me to require I do so, if they are somehow harmed by it. What we don't need is a government playing nanny to everyone, pre-emptively forcing compliance with a lot of arbitrary rules put in place because someone thought it'd be swell if everyone did things the way that someone thought they should.

If Panama gives China better prices than we do for their goods (in either direction), let them trade there. If we want Panama giving their business to us instead, we can adjust our prices to make that more attractive to them.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I will be voting to help her win. The reality is that whether she wins or not, I will be able to truthfully say that I am, for once, proud of my vote. I can finally say I am voting FOR someone, not just against someone I want less.

Friends, that's a good feeling.

Blessings,
    Bill

This. I'm tired of compromising my principles to vote AGAINST someone. I'll vote, but only in the races that there is someone worth voting for. If no one is worth voting for, I won't vote. I know that's probably wrong in some people's eyes, but if the candidate can't meet 90% of my principles, they won't get my vote.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    And the 90% is the important stuff. There are a few principles I will NOT compromise on for any reason.

cadan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    ...I guess ethics is a forgotten concept in business these days. I try to look at the big picture....

Ethics is the crux of the argument on protectionism vs. free trade. Fredric Bastiat long ago refuted the arguments for protectionism which you have begun asserted here. I would like to humbly recommend his work "sophisms of the protectionist" (freely available on the internet, even as an audio book), which is just as valid today, as when it was written Bastiat is excellent for making a sound argument for an ethical and economic perspective in favour of free trade. If his argument is in error, then I would welcome anyone who would be so kind as to point it out to me, for I have been unable to see or find it.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Im am extremely excited to cast my vote fro RSB Tuesday. If she does not win the election I want to send a clear message to the rest of the uni-party that we have had enough!!!! My votes counts Tuesday because its for once a vote of the best person for the job!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    We give our votes to those who earn them. You have done so by your positions.

I hope you continue to be a part of our community here after the election is done (when you're not busy riding herd on the US Senate, that is!)

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2010
    We give our votes to those who earn them. You have done so by your positions.

I hope you continue to be a part of our community here after the election is done (when you're not busy riding herd on the US Senate, that is!)

Blessings,
    Bill

I intend to, this is one of the more interesting places for discussion on a wide variety of topics.

Top Bottom