Not open for further replies.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I think we should prohibit anyone from voting, with limited exceptions, without first taking a new voter safety class administered by the Sec. of State. History has shown time and time again that voting is simply too dangerous to let just any uninformed moron near the ballot box. ;)

Actually, we should prohibit legislatures from voting on legislation until everyone takes and passes a Constitutional Law test devised by mrjarrell and Rambone. And Dross

WillBrayJr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    The rest of us see it as an infringement on our rights. Take our word for it that it is a gun control law, pure and simple.

:dunno:

It's not a Gun Control Law. Some people can't understand what they read so a free safety video should be included with the purchase of a firearm. Hopefully some idiot that's never owned a firearm will watch and learn from it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Look at how Chicago does their gun class. The City has mandated training and the type of class, but it's deliberately designed to be so difficult to actually take the class, let alone pass, that it's a de facto gun ban.

When the government gets to decide what prerequisites you have to meet in order to exercise a Right, then it's not a Right, it's a privilege. There's nothing stopping them from putting any arbitrary restrictions on the class. You hope it would be a ten-minute lecture, but it could just as easily be two weeks worth of classroom training (which is only offered once per year) followed by 500 rounds that all have to be in the 10-ring at 50 yards in under two minutes.

Training is good. Government-mandated training is bad.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I know I'm going to get Flamed and Neg Repped for this but here goes.

I believe mandated Safety Classes would be beneficial but that goes for owning/using any item that can cause injury or death. I've seen a few idiots at Ranges wave loaded firearms at people and care less.

If something is potentially lethal safety and training courses should be must. As I've said before that just doesn't apply to firearms. Safety and training helps reduce the risk of someone getting hurt. Even if vehicles were in the Constitution I'd still safety and training is a must.

Already answered the question, but I'll answer it AGAIN. Before you start slinging the Lead, yes safety and training should be mandatory. If for nothing else you won't shoot your eye out from not knowing which end is dangerous.

I really don't see firearm rights being infringed on by a safety class of some kind. There's no harm in disagreeing about the issue.

I'm not saying it as an infringement. I can care less about someone owning a firearm. A free safety instruction booklet or video with a purchase of a firearm would probably be a good idea.
    It's not a Gun Control Law. Some people can't understand what they read so a free safety video should be included with the purchase of a firearm. Hopefully some idiot that's never owned a firearm will watch and learn from it.

YOU are back-peddling. . . You went from GOVERNMENT MANDATED TRAINING to included-with-purchase safety videos?! I hope you can see the distinction!

Also, if makers WANT to include said video, fine. The .gov has NO business regulating what will and won't be distributed with a product.

Last edited:

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    How do bills like this even get submitted? Its such an obvious violation of the 2nd Amendment and our State's Constitution about bearing arms as well.

So if I wrote up a Senate bill that Ban's black people from Indiana, would that go to a committing for hearing? Heavens no it wouldn't. I am really scared that because bills like this can even get submitted it really shows that there is a movement to attack gun ownership active at the National and State levels. Scary times. This cannot be allowed to happen. The 2nd Amendment protects all others. We cannot allow ourselves to be disarmed and especially regulated to the point of being rendered combat ineffective as a civilian militia force. (which I think we are basically there now).

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    WillBrayJr
    really don't see firearm rights being infringed on by a safety class of some kind. There's no harm in disagreeing about the issue.

Let's take your argument to it's logical conclusion, and apply it to another right spelled out in the Bill of Rights...

This entire thread has the 2nd Amendment at its core, and whether someone must have training to exercise that fundamental right.

Let's now apply your reasoning to the 1st Amendment, and say that a person must have a Master's degree in literature, before they can exercise that fundamental right. Would you then believe that the 1st Amendment is not being infringed?

If you argue that speech or words do not kill, I would point to every human conflict in recorded history. Words have killed more people than there have been bullets fired from guns.

WillBrayJr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    YOU are back-peddling. . . You went from MANDATED GOVERNMENT TRAINING to included-with-purchase safety videos?! I hope you can see the distinction!

Also, if makers WANT to include said video, fine. The .gov has NO business regulating what will and won't be distributed with a product.

I said Mandated Training, Never said anything about Government Training. Even though the Government has NO Business doing anything doesnt mean they won't, and you know why? Because the People let them. Which brings me to another point to make. The only reason Politicians are taking over this Country is because they're working together and People aren't.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Who would be doing the mandating, if not the .gov?! Private citizens? Manufacturers?

Also, most of the people on this thread ARE working together: we don't want .gov stepping in any more. You say they will anyway so go ahead and mandate it. . . I am at a loss, honestly.

WillBrayJr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    Who would be doing the mandating, if not the .gov?! Private citizens? Manufacturers?

Also, most of the people on this thread ARE working together: we don't want .gov stepping in any more. You say they will anyway so go ahead and mandate it. . . I am at a loss, honestly.

Never said they will. With Mr Common Sense long gone something needs to be done. I don't exactly want to be shot by some Idiot Noob at the Range that doesn't know how to safely handle a firearm that almost happeed 9 years ago. No, the People of this Country aren't working together.The People can't completely make up their minds on what direction they want to see this Country go in.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    nothing is free

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Common Sense replaced by unConstitutional laws? Don't go to the range if it bothers you. Go to a club WITH mandated training.

We're back to the security/Liberty argument; and I'm a big fan of Liberty.

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    To get a drivers license, people must pass a test to demonstrate that they can safely operate a motor vehicle... throughout the day, do you see people who likely have drivers licenses and yet drive unsafely? Does the fact that they passed a test allow you to ignore driving defensively? Could you just as easily be harmed by someone driving a car unsafely as you could by someone handling a gun unsafely? Why do you feel that people will practice safe gun handling if they have to pass a test and yet there is not a lot of evidence that they paid attention during their driving lessons?

I realize that driving is a privileged and not an enumerated right but the parallels apply in these cases and just like driving a car, it is the nut behind the wheel that matters

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Who is going to pay for this "Free" video? Will the shop have to pay for it? If so I can guarantee that the cost will be passed on to the purchaser. The state? Where will they get the money?

What about people with a C&R FFL? Who can order some firearms through the mail without having them go to a regular FFL, will anyone that ships firearms into this state have to get the videos? FTF transactions? How about black powder pistols? Those can be bought through the mail and shipped directly to your door. No background check, no 4473, etc.

nothing is free

QFT

ETA
    I said Mandated Training, Never said anything about Government Training. Even though the Government has NO Business doing anything doesnt mean they won't, and you know why? Because the People let them. Which brings me to another point to make. The only reason Politicians are taking over this Country is because they're working together and People aren't.

People like you let them. Hell people like you encourage them to infringe upon our rights and liberties.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom