• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Living in Indiana afforded you that chance. Voting for Trump did nothing for me in Maryland other than to say I voted for him.

Using this logic then, you should vote for Braun to help ensure Donnelly gets fired. A vote for the LP candidate will have no more effect on Indiana's senate race than voting for Trump for president in MD.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Using this logic then, you should vote for Braun to help ensure Donnelly gets fired. A vote for the LP candidate will have no more effect on Indiana's senate race than voting for Trump for president in MD.

I disagree. A vote for the LP candidate can have a profound effect.

Anyhoo, has Andy Horning been around INGO lately? Completely unrelated.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    FIFY

Anyhoo, this comes to mind.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/244776-horning-steal-election-mourdock.html

When libertarians say that "there's no difference", well, it is patently false. There is a great deal of difference, just not on anything you care about. One significant difference was highlighted over the past week.

Many, many more people (apparently) do see the differences as significant.

...and I don't know what you guys think the definition of "entitlement" is. It means something you are entitled to or have a right to, so.....

I will go back and do some more research between the two candidates some more just to see if I missed any major differences.

As far as Federal entitlement programs are concerned...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_programs_in_the_United_States

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield

Bingo..........Truth here.

That's why I, along with a lot of other like minded people, are on the fence about Braun. I need to do some more research and watch the debate tomorrow night.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    tenor.gif

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Oh good... We have now resorted to ad hominem attacks when we have nothing of value to provide to the conversation.

There was another member that was an outspoken Libertarian and his avatar was Boonhauer. I always read his posts in that voice. It was not meant as an attack, someone said something that reminded me of him. Some of us miss what he brought to the forum and miss him, a little.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Oh good... We have now resorted to ad hominem attacks when we have nothing of value to provide to the conversation.
    Lighten up...you have to have thick skin to hang with these monkeys............I said monkeys.....Dale's voice would be more appropriate.:welcome:

Last edited:

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    There was another member that was an outspoken Libertarian and his avatar was Boonhauer. I always read his posts in that voice. It was not meant as an attack, someone said something that reminded me of him. Some of us miss what he brought to the forum and miss him, a little.

Fair enough.

Lighten up...you have to have thick skin to hang with these monkeys............I said monkeys.....Dale's voice would be more appropriate.:welcome:

I've worked in car dealerships for over 15 years. Any semblance of sensitivity I had disappeared a long time ago.

It's difficult being an outspoken Libertarian most of the time because you kind of feel like you're playing dodgeball in the middle of a circle. You guys have actually taken this much more lightly and with less autistic screaming than most. On any given day I can be called a Trumper, liberal, Republican, leftist, right winger or an anarchist lol

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Like we said we kind of like a Crazy Libertarian around so we can see what could happen to us if we fall off the deep end.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Fair enough.

I've worked in car dealerships for over 15 years. Any semblance of sensitivity I had disappeared a long time ago.

It's difficult being an outspoken Libertarian most of the time because you kind of feel like you're playing dodgeball in the middle of a circle. You guys have actually taken this much more lightly and with less autistic screaming than most. On any given day I can be called a Trumper, liberal, Republican, leftist, right winger or an anarchist lol

You'll find many here share many of the ideals of libertarians but find the party named after them a joke.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield

You'll find many here share many of the ideals of libertarians but find the party named after them a joke.

Oh you mean like allowing a party official to get naked on stage at the convention?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I have voted legally my entire life, every election at every level. I always vote based on issues, always. I either vote in favor of issues or against issues. When there has been a third party, I still have never changed how i vote.

Sometimes voting against a person is necessary to preserve or prevent something I strongly stand against; even if I do not fully agree with 100% with the candidate I am voting for (I have yet found someone I agree with 100%). In my mind, third party candidates who knowingly do not have any chance in the world of winning, are egotistic and really do not care about the people they say they want to represent. If they really cared, they would drop out and throw their support for the candidate who can truthfully make a difference. I would seriously consider a third party in the future if they showed consideration for the future of the voter by supporting a potential winning candidate who can actually make a difference. They need to work "with" others to make themselves look better before I would consider them.

Knowing this, all third party candidates are off my list for consideration - at this time. This election I am not necessarily voting "for" any candidate as much as I am voting "against" a candidate and their party. I will vote for Braun in hopes of preventing Donnelly from winning.

I need to compare who will provide, maybe not the best performance but who will provide the worst. Being a gun owner, being conservative, and believe in strong support for the constitution....I cannot throw my vote away on a third party and will vote for whom I hope and believe can keep Donnelly out of office.

I'll vote republican....it's not time to gamble my vote away on a third party.

(excuse any typos)

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The best way to make a Libertarian candidate viable is by voting for them.
    No, the best way for libertarian candidates to become viable is up to the Libertarian Party, not the voters. Maybe they should try to appeal to more than 5% of the electorate. That means libertarians kinda need to mellow out on some stuff. The Libertarian Party attracts too many nuts. McAfee? Really?

I’d love to be able to vote for a sane libertarian candidate, in opposition to the typical insane R vs D candidates. But I couldn’t vote for Gary “feel my” Johnson in 2016. No way was that social justice warrior nutjob a serious candidate. He told everyone to vote for Hillary for crying out loud.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why does this bother you?
    Because we live in the real world, not Libertopia. Maybe, someday, we can have open borders. But that’s unrealistic and existentially foolish without first establishing Libertopia. Society has a very long time before it evolves to the point where that is even possible.

Top Bottom