• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    I don't blame you for wanting SS that you've paid into for long.

Understanding that "libertarian" philosophy may, at time differ from what the Libertarian Party believes, here are some excerpts from the LP platform that will present problems drawing more people from the conservative side:

I find it mildly amusing that of the specifics in the platform, 1 thing gets mentioned twice. Can you see what it is?

Good old prostitution! Trying to make it illegal along with the drug trade is about as productive as playing whack-a-mole. The only ones that benefit from it are the bureaucrats and the industries that profit off of their efforts to stop them.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I don't blame you for wanting SS that you've paid into for long.

Understanding that "libertarian" philosophy may, at time differ from what the Libertarian Party believes, here are some excerpts from the LP platform that will present problems drawing more people from the conservative side:

I find it mildly amusing that of the specifics in the platform, 1 thing gets mentioned twice. Can you see what it is?

:ladiesman::naughty:

ETA: Beat like a rented mule

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Good old prostitution! Trying to make it illegal along with the drug trade is about as productive as playing whack-a-mole. The only ones that benefit from it are the bureaucrats and the industries that profit off of their efforts to stop them.

If the philosophical point is that it should not be illegal, I understand that.

However, if anyone argues that both drugs and sex-trade will not increase when decriminalized, that is not supportable. Again, however, if one simple believes it should be illegal, then it doesn't matter.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    If the philosophical point is that it should not be illegal, I understand that.

However, if anyone argues that both drugs and sex-trade will not increase when decriminalized, that is not supportable. Again, however, if one simple believes it should be illegal, then it doesn't matter.

I suppose the same could have been said during the days of alcohol prohibition as well.

My view on both is that the Government has no Constitutional Authority over what free people decide to consume or who they have consenual sex with. And before anyone jumps on that last part you need to remember minors cannot give consent.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Why does this bother you?

Unrestricted traffic across our national borders? I'll give a more reasoned response once I've had time to think about it a little, but my gut reaction is based on instinct. If we could be 100% sure that all people entering our country were good persons who wanted to live the American dream legally, then I'd be OK with it. But that 100% can never be realistically achieved.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Unfortunately having the majority of your wealth invested in the market can have those results. Investing doesn't have guaranteed results and far too many lose sight of this.

My wife and I are currently dealing with a good bit of debt but starting in the beginning of the year we will be very aggressively paying down all debts that are over 5% interest. Once those debts are gone it will leave us with one car payment, our mortgage and the last little bit of her student loans. Our plan is to max out our 401Ks into aggressive indexes, max out Roth IRAs for both of us and then starting saving for investment properties. A house or commercial property may lose some value but it is still a tangible asset that cannot just disappear overnight.

I have also figured out how to get our daughters Roth IRAs starting when they are 15 versus the typical 25-30. That will give them 10-15 additional years of compounding interest for their future.

It appears you are on top of this. If only I had been more so myself. But as stated we were in a life tornado when the bottom fell out.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    Unrestricted traffic across our national borders? I'll give a more reasoned response once I've had time to think about it a little, but my gut reaction is based on instinct. If we could be 100% sure that all people entering our country were good persons who wanted to live the American dream legally, then I'd be OK with it. But that 100% can never be realistically achieved.

Thank you for being reasonable and not having a knee jerk response. I look forward to reading it.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    It appears you are on top of this. If only I had been more so myself. But as stated we were in a life tornado when the bottom fell out.

I have been doing a lot of research. My fear is we will be stuck supporting her parents in their retirement since they have made extremely poor financial decisions their entire lives. We have made it abundantly clear that our girls do not need any material things from them. They continue to waste money buying them BS things that they don't want or need.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'd take a hard look at a Libertarian that had a chance of winning. If that ever happens, it'll take a while to forget the votes that have been thrown away over the years. A lot of them should have gracefully pulled out when it was obvious they were taking votes away from our best interests. :twocents:

WMAD.png

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been doing a lot of research. My fear is we will be stuck supporting her parents in their retirement since they have made extremely poor financial decisions their entire lives. We have made it abundantly clear that our girls do not need any material things from them. They continue to waste money buying them BS things that they don't want or need.

Look at my avatar and then tell me as a G-Parent I would not buy them what ever they wanted...:):

Truth. We are not nuts spending on them but they want for nothing. None of the 9 G-kids do. It is why I am still working I guess.

feB3keg.png

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    On the belief that people that pull the lever for the Ds and the Rs are somehow less principled than people that pull the lever for Ls seem...ironic, to me. I often read comments from LP fans that indicate that's the only party they'll vote for I don't see how anyone that voted for Gary "bake the cake" Johnson has much moral high ground to criticize people that decided to vote for Trump or Hillary.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    On the belief that people that pull the lever for the Ds and the Rs are somehow less principled than people that pull the lever for Ls seem...ironic, to me. I often read comments from LP fans that indicate that's the only party they'll vote for I don't see how anyone that voted for Gary "bake the cake" Johnson has much moral high ground to criticize people that decided to vote for Trump or Hillary.

I reluctantly voted for Gary Johnson but it was a tactical decision. We were living in Maryland and there was no way that it wasn't going to go to Hillary. I voted for the Party and not the nominee in hopes that it would help with the percentages.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I reluctantly voted for Gary Johnson but it was a tactical decision. We were living in Maryland and there was no way that it wasn't going to go to Hillary. I voted for the Party and not the nominee in hopes that it would help with the percentages.

Yep. And I voted for Trump because of the Supreme Court nominees I hoped he might nominate vs the ones I knew Hillary would. I didn't vote for GJ because he didn't want the votes from people like me.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    Look at my avatar and then tell me as a G-Parent I would not buy them what ever they wanted...:):

Truth. We are not nuts spending on them but they want for nothing. None of the 9 G-kids do. It is why I am still working I guess.

feB3keg.png

If her parents wanted to do something impactful then set $1k into an interest bearing college fund for each of them and let it grow for the next 20 years. It would mean more than constantly buying them toys that they will stop playing with after a week.

But in response to your picture I don't blame you just like I don't blame them. It's just frustrating knowing the position they are in especially considering how well off their parents were.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    Yep. And I voted for Trump because of the Supreme Court nominees I hoped he might nominate vs the ones I knew Hillary would. I didn't vote for GJ because he didn't want the votes from people like me.

Living in Indiana afforded you that chance. Voting for Trump did nothing for me in Maryland other than to say I voted for him.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I suppose the same could have been said during the days of alcohol prohibition as well.

My view on both is that the Government has no Constitutional Authority over what free people decide to consume or who they have consenual sex with. And before anyone jumps on that last part you need to remember minors cannot give consent.

Aren't these two highlighted parts contradictory? Looks like the government does in fact have some authority, since they define the age of consent.

Top Bottom