• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    I have no problem selling/trading guns. I've traded less nicer guns towards nicer ones before. As a matter of fact I'm getting ready to put half of my guns up for sale because I never shoot them & they are just taking up space. Money from those will go towards some guns I've been wanting but couldn't afford.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    For the first 30 years of my life, I kept every gun I ever owned. I've started buying and selling a lot more in the past 4 years.

I have some that I will never sell, but I maintain some trading/sellling stock if I find something and don't have the extra cash, or want to upgrade.

I have a large collection, but a lot of them are in the $300-$500 range. I do have some that worth $1,000+, but not many.

I have often thought of selling some to upgrade. Maybe a couple of Kimbers to purchase a Nighthawk, Wilson, Les Baer, Ed Brown... Maybe a couple of AR's or AK's for an M1 or higher grade AR...

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I have a handful that I wouldnt sell or trade, mostly firearms with alot of fond hunting memories attached to them. For the most part, a gun is just a gun. If I get tired of something, I trade or sell it for something new. Im not married to them.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    You kidding me!!! If I won the 150 million Powerball, the only thing I'd load up in my brand new lift gate cargo hauler w/stretch cab, on my way to Montana, would be my trophies, my ammo, my gun safe loaded with everything else reasonably valuable, and my dogs. I might take my wife, if I remembered.:):

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I have guns that will stay with me until I die.
    But several months ago I started selling and trading some of the ones I didnt really care about. Maybe to trade a couple of cheaper ones for a better one. Or just to get something else. Yes I do have guns that I regret getting rid of. But now I have a decent collection of some nice stuff. Now I have to save up to buy more cause I wanna keep what I have now! Good luck in your decision To sell or not to sell ????

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I have a hard time getting rid of my guns. I have sold a couple in the past, but only to put towards the purchase of a new gun. I would never part with any of mine for any other reason. Many people regret selling their guns, but if it makes you happy go for it. I think if you are selling some to get money for another you will be fine. You said you were selling a few of your cheaper ones, so at least if you happen to regret getting rid of one of them you could pick it back up fairly easy. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

I could not say it better than JohnP82. Though I have regreted many of the trades I've made. So... think long and hard before doing it as it's seldom reversible.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I'm still thinking about this. And i probably will be for a while. My money and i do not part ways easily. I probably just need something to catch my eye that i need and i'll be a motivated seller.

There are just so many choices and so few dollars.

linzal12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Greenfield
    If you are considering it I am assuming the guns don't have any sentimental value. So do it you did not marry them. There is nothing wrong with upgrading your collection or going a different way with it. You could have some fun with this.

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    for me it would be hard to get rid of anything i bought but its because i only have one gun...so hopefully my collection starts to grow soon

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I have traded a couple guns before to get something I couldnt afford to buy straight out. I dont do that anymore because I dont have the cash to play with anymore. I think you can burn yourself if you get rid of guns to get the supposedly new and greatest gun out. I miss every gun I traded or sold but some I had to sell so live and learn.

Top Bottom