• ...and so much more!
  • n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have many small containers of "Wasp Spray"
    They're about 2 3/4" long, made by a company called "Federal", and say "00 Buck" on them, so I guess the work on deer too.
    I keep 8 of them in my 870. :D

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    great, gun owners are buying up all the ammo and sheeple are buying up all the wasp spray, so now I'm outta ammo and getting stung in the process, purple intended but broken.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I cant believe this is still going around I remember hearing this exact same story when I was in 2nd grade. It has been proved wrong over and over again. When I was little a friend shot me right in the eyes with wasp spray I aint going to lie it hurt but I was still able to hit him, call him a stupid head (one of the best defenses is to call your attacker a stupid head), and run to my mommy (running to mommy IS THE BEST defense in any situation:D). I have also been pepper sprayed a number of times and can say without any hesitation the pepper spray is way worse, it is like the evil from the monkeys from the Wizard of Oz and North Korea liquefied and put in a can. If you don't want to shoot someone just buy a can of sabre red and stop there.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    would be good to have beside the bed with little kids around. a spray of wasp stuff to the face is a lot less deadly than a bullet to the face.

Isn't it a little rash to spray little kids in the face with wasp spray?:dunno:

On the whole, anyone familiar with the distinct smell of wasp spray is going to freak and soil themselves when they receive a facefull.

Last edited:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Here is at least one analysis of the idea of using wasp spray as a self defense tool. May not be such a hot idea. Also note the original emails referenced on the analysis page. Funny.

Quote:

Analysis:
    U.S. residents tempted to avail themselves of this Internet-recommended self-defense option by stockpiling wasp spray would do well consider that federal law prohibits the use of any pesticide "in a manner inconsistent with its labeling." Likewise, some states forbid carrying substances for self-protection that aren't specifically authorized for that purpose.

Here is the link
    Wasp Spray for Self-Defense - Urban Legends

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I cant believe this is still going around I remember hearing this exact same story when I was in 2nd grade. It has been proved wrong over and over again. When I was little a friend shot me right in the eyes with wasp spray I aint going to lie it hurt but I was still able to hit him, call him a stupid head (one of the best defenses is to call your attacker a stupid head), and run to my mommy (running to mommy IS THE BEST defense in any situation:D). I have also been pepper sprayed a number of times and can say without any hesitation the pepper spray is way worse, it is like the evil from the monkeys from the Wizard of Oz and North Korea liquefied and put in a can. If you don't want to shoot someone just buy a can of sabre red and stop there.

I agree... its basically useless... we had a can sitting out on the sidewalk while my wife was mowing one day... The best we can figure is that the mower hit a small stone that pierced the can. The can literally exploded in a cloud of wasp spray and she took a bath from head to toe. She said it never burned or anything else, but she did want to get it off asap so she took a shower.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I was pepper sprayed too once, and it takes a minute or so to feel it. After that, its watery burning eyes.

Does anyone know where I can get a wasp spray holster?

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    What if the intruder is like Irish or Italian?

WASP spray would be ineffective.

Preppy%2520-%2520dormeuil.jpg

Kirk, that is a racist comment.:n00b:

wlkjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    We had an employee discharge her pepper spray by accident, or so she said. Was pretty strong an hour later. Got fired the next day.

Top Bottom